Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,382 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,273
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » Questions & Answers » Delete Char, do Cartel Coin purchases transfer?

17 posts found
  Noodlebasket

Novice Member

OP  1/13/13 5:02:06 PM#1

First I'd like to say I tried to post to the SWTOR website forums about this and was unable to.

But yes, if I delete one of my characters that I have purchased several character-specific things for with Cartel Coins, will they transfer to a new character?

waynejr2

Advanced Member

RIP City of Heroes!

1/13/13 5:17:40 PM#2
Originally posted by Noodlebasket

First I'd like to say I tried to post to the SWTOR website forums about this and was unable to.

But yes, if I delete one of my characters that I have purchased several character-specific things for with Cartel Coins, will they transfer to a new character?

I don't see why they would.

Noodlebasket

Novice Member

OP  1/13/13 7:17:03 PM#3
Even Speeder Piloting would be void?
  Kothoses

Hard Core Member

1/13/13 7:20:56 PM#4

You will lose the character specific stuff the same as if you bought it with credits

You will keep server wide, legacy wide or account wide unlocks.

Character perks are all character specific.

Hope this helps.

Promoting thought a new Gaming video blog http://www.youtube.com/user/quinnthalas discussing games, gamers and the internet with gameplay footage as background.

Noodlebasket

Novice Member

OP  1/13/13 7:22:24 PM#5

Thank you everyone, I suppose the answer was obvious, I simply don't want to accept it :P

They need to allow name-changing...

MMOdad72

Novice Member

1/13/13 7:24:14 PM#6

You have to buy the forum unlock to ask for help on the official forums for the other money you just already spent with them in the cartel shop.

It's 15/month for forum posting rights unlock.

Noodlebasket

Novice Member

OP  1/13/13 7:28:59 PM#7
Well that is incredibly stupid. Buy forum rights? MMORPG.com has just gained my business indefinitely.
  pioneer08

Novice Member

1/13/13 7:35:11 PM#8
Originally posted by MMOdad72

You have to buy the forum unlock to ask for help on the official forums for the other money you just already spent with them in the cartel shop.

Its obvious why they would not let just anyone post on their forums.  What other game allows trolls to come on and bash all day long, thats what mmorpg.com is for. 

erictlewis

Advanced Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

1/13/13 7:36:06 PM#9

First off if you spend cartell coins on a character specific unlock then delete that character your out of luck. You cant get back what you purchased on a deleted character. Now any cartell coins still unspent will remain in your account.

Noodlebasket

Novice Member

OP  1/13/13 7:37:44 PM#10
Good to know, thank you.
  MMOdad72

Novice Member

1/13/13 7:41:32 PM#11
Originally posted by pioneer08

Its obvious why they would not let just anyone post on their forums.  What other game allows trolls to come on and bash all day long, thats what mmorpg.com is for. 

They dont let paying customers post on their forums. I don't know any other game that does that.

If something goes wrong with your PAID cartel purchase you cannot ask for help on the forums.

They also made their customer support number no longer a toll free number.

They even manage to try and nickel and dime you that way also now.

pioneer08

Novice Member

1/13/13 7:47:21 PM#12

They dont let paying customers post on their forums. I don't know any other game that does that.

If something goes wrong with your PAID cartel purchase you cannot ask for help on the forums.

Not true...lotro has limited reading/posting on their forums...I do agree they should have a better way to support f2pers, but they should not be allowed to post on the forums. 

Kothoses

Hard Core Member

1/13/13 7:48:30 PM#13
Well that is incredibly stupid. Buy forum rights? MMORPG.com has just gained my business indefinitely.

You were being trolled.....  

Quite simply put it means F2P players dont get forum posting access..

Promoting thought a new Gaming video blog http://www.youtube.com/user/quinnthalas discussing games, gamers and the internet with gameplay footage as background.

Kothoses

Hard Core Member

1/13/13 7:50:02 PM#14

Not true...lotro has limited reading/posting on their forums...I do agree they should have a better way to support f2pers, but they should not be allowed to post on the forums. 

You can always submit a ticket via the webform or email regarding CC purchases....They do support those (Coin issues) for all players.

aRtFuLThinG

Novice Member

1/13/13 7:59:37 PM#15

What other game allows trolls to come on and bash all day long

Actually most other games' forums does, except for the ones that are truely doing badly and don't want their dirt to come out (like MO, WWII Online and War Z)

pioneer08

Novice Member

1/13/13 8:19:36 PM#16
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

What other game allows trolls to come on and bash all day long

Actually most other games' forums does, except for the ones that are truely doing badly and don't want their dirt to come out (like MO, WWII Online and War Z)

Wrong most f2p like lotro have limited forums access to f2pers.
  Noodlebasket

Novice Member

OP  1/14/13 2:44:17 AM#17
What? No trolling. I acknowledge LucasArts is doing it wrong. I won't buy (literally) into their forum nonsense, I will use MMORPG.com from now on.