Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | H1Z1 | World of Warcraft

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,166 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,227,005
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Yet another Bioware screw-up for previous subscribers

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  BadOrb

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/11/13
Posts: 739

1/11/13 12:34:51 PM#21
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by BadOrb
 Maybe the preferred players characters has a bug , which by the Op seems the case but anything else you mentioned was wrong.

 

The information I posted by Bioware, says it is not a bug, Bioware say that the notes were wrong or specifically "incomplete/misleading".

Sorry for the delay in response, I'm still waiting for a 100% definite confirmation on it, but it appears that the patch note is incomplete/misleading.

It looks to be the case that preferred status players will have a limit of 6 active characters on the account, and the note is referring to the fact that we won't delete the characters if you are already over the limit. As mentioned, I don't have full confirmation of this, but I believe it to be the case.

Yeah that's all well and good , preferred have 6 and subbs get 12 and no charaters will be lost for preferred. Subbs have all their characters ready to play and not locked ( if they have mor than 12 ). The notes where wrong , indeed. Just when you started talking about subbed players is what was wrong. The preferred players can still buy charater unlocks though to unlock their characters above 6 or just to make that 7th character and so forth.

The OP witnessed a bug not related to what you said he could only play on 3 characters , so mine and your ramblings are a lil offtopic but I needed to correct you on your subbed players have locked characters above the 12.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing.
"SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

  superniceguy

Elite Member

Joined: 2/17/07
Posts: 2277

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

1/11/13 12:48:10 PM#22
Originally posted by BadOrb
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by BadOrb
 Maybe the preferred players characters has a bug , which by the Op seems the case but anything else you mentioned was wrong.

 

The information I posted by Bioware, says it is not a bug, Bioware say that the notes were wrong or specifically "incomplete/misleading".

Sorry for the delay in response, I'm still waiting for a 100% definite confirmation on it, but it appears that the patch note is incomplete/misleading.

It looks to be the case that preferred status players will have a limit of 6 active characters on the account, and the note is referring to the fact that we won't delete the characters if you are already over the limit. As mentioned, I don't have full confirmation of this, but I believe it to be the case.

Yeah that's all well and good , preferred have 6 and subbs get 12 and no charaters will be lost for preferred. Subbs have all their characters ready to play and not locked ( if they have mor than 12 ). The notes where wrong , indeed. Just when you started talking about subbed players is what was wrong. The preferred players can still buy charater unlocks though to unlock their characters above 6 or just to make that 7th character and so forth.

The OP witnessed a bug not related to what you said he could only play on 3 characters , so mine and your ramblings are a lil offtopic but I needed to correct you on your subbed players have locked characters above the 12.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

He says he had only could activate 6 out of 12. So what I posted is spot on to the OPs problems

Taken from the OP - "Logged in today.....I can only activate 6 characters....Eh??"

  BadOrb

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/11/13
Posts: 739

1/11/13 1:48:31 PM#23
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by BadOrb
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by BadOrb
 Maybe the preferred players characters has a bug , which by the Op seems the case but anything else you mentioned was wrong.

 

The information I posted by Bioware, says it is not a bug, Bioware say that the notes were wrong or specifically "incomplete/misleading".

Sorry for the delay in response, I'm still waiting for a 100% definite confirmation on it, but it appears that the patch note is incomplete/misleading.

It looks to be the case that preferred status players will have a limit of 6 active characters on the account, and the note is referring to the fact that we won't delete the characters if you are already over the limit. As mentioned, I don't have full confirmation of this, but I believe it to be the case.

Yeah that's all well and good , preferred have 6 and subbs get 12 and no charaters will be lost for preferred. Subbs have all their characters ready to play and not locked ( if they have mor than 12 ). The notes where wrong , indeed. Just when you started talking about subbed players is what was wrong. The preferred players can still buy charater unlocks though to unlock their characters above 6 or just to make that 7th character and so forth.

The OP witnessed a bug not related to what you said he could only play on 3 characters , so mine and your ramblings are a lil offtopic but I needed to correct you on your subbed players have locked characters above the 12.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

He says he had only could activate 6 out of 12. So what I posted is spot on to the OPs problems

Taken from the OP - "Logged in today.....I can only activate 6 characters....Eh??"

Right then he said he only had 3 out of the 6. So the patch notes where wrong as preferred can only have 6. Then the part you posted about subbs is wrong. Anyways , we are going in circles.

Preferred have 6. Subbs have 12. Any characters above 6 for preferred are locked ( but not lost ) and any characters above 12 for subbs are not locked out or lost.

Subbs wanting to make a new character above 12 will have to unlocked those slots above 12 up to a limit of 22 per server ( even if they already have characters in the 13th to 22nd slots). 

Preferred can unlock character slots above their 6 up to the limit of 22.

My last 3 mini paragraphs are 100% correct at this time.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing.
"SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

  Pelaaja

Novice Member

Joined: 10/14/08
Posts: 714

1/11/13 5:32:58 PM#24
Originally posted by Latronus
Originally posted by superniceguy

...

 

Dude, if you hate the game this much, then just move on!  Let go of your hate, it will only lead to the dark side!  Oh wait... It may be too late for you.  There may not be any chance of redemption for this one.  

He's a warning sign and you're the guy with a spray can.

Guess which one I would want to stay on these forums?

  simplius

Novice Member

Joined: 12/12/12
Posts: 979

1/12/13 12:26:07 AM#25
Originally posted by Pelaaja
Originally posted by Latronus
Originally posted by superniceguy

...

 

Dude, if you hate the game this much, then just move on!  Let go of your hate, it will only lead to the dark side!  Oh wait... It may be too late for you.  There may not be any chance of redemption for this one.  

He's a warning sign and you're the guy with a spray can.

Guess which one I would want to stay on these forums?

yea,,im lucky,,i only lost about 150$,,and of course the huge dissapointment

think of those , who spend 100s on cartel shop,,those gambling packs should be illegal

and note, how the things, that people relly WANT,,are the most rare

not  for 50$,,,,nor 100 are they in cashshop,,so you can guess, that they make more than that

  LaucianNailo

Novice Member

Joined: 12/03/08
Posts: 37

 
OP  1/12/13 5:00:43 AM#26

OK, The OP's back  (I wasn't dropping a bomb and running), I now work away from home and only get limited access back on my home PC (hence me having to drop my sub which switched me to preferred status this week).

To clarify my situation:

  1. The patch note was very clear in how it was written: that preferred players were able to keep and (and I think these are the key words) PLAY ALL characters. On logging on I could not and was only offered the option to activate and play 6 of them.
  2. Despite trying to activate 6, although the character roster screen indicated that 6 had been activated, ony 3 had actually activated and were available to play (I have lost access to 3 others - although in my view, compared to the actual words in the patch notes I believe I have lost access to 9 unless I pay more money to Bioware)
As I said earlier, poor communication (inability to write clear, simple and understandable patch notes) and/or poor client release quality control (activating characters - what this patch actually introduced - doesn't work)
 
Thank you to the 2nd poster who offered to raise it on the forum for me, I cannot post on the forum as of this week and so I have sent a CS request through the SWTOR web-site, but have received no reply so far  (only 3 days).
  darker70

Apprentice Member

Joined: 10/21/08
Posts: 821

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

1/12/13 5:14:04 AM#27
Crikey this a Western Mo,and I thought Wushu with it's Chilish was a tad confuseing,I pretty much gave SWTOR up after the Beta's not even bothering with trying F2P myself.

  Buffy_bites

Novice Member

Joined: 8/27/12
Posts: 7

1/12/13 6:13:50 AM#28
Originally posted by BadOrb
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by BadOrb
 Maybe the preferred players characters has a bug , which by the Op seems the case but anything else you mentioned was wrong.

 

The information I posted by Bioware, says it is not a bug, Bioware say that the notes were wrong or specifically "incomplete/misleading".

Sorry for the delay in response, I'm still waiting for a 100% definite confirmation on it, but it appears that the patch note is incomplete/misleading.

It looks to be the case that preferred status players will have a limit of 6 active characters on the account, and the note is referring to the fact that we won't delete the characters if you are already over the limit. As mentioned, I don't have full confirmation of this, but I believe it to be the case.

Yeah that's all well and good , preferred have 6 and subbs get 12 and no charaters will be lost for preferred. Subbs have all their characters ready to play and not locked ( if they have mor than 12 ). The notes where wrong , indeed. Just when you started talking about subbed players is what was wrong. The preferred players can still buy charater unlocks though to unlock their characters above 6 or just to make that 7th character and so forth.

The OP witnessed a bug not related to what you said he could only play on 3 characters , so mine and your ramblings are a lil offtopic but I needed to correct you on your subbed players have locked characters above the 12.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Were you a subscriber at the time of the change? Having a subscription probably prevented the game making you choose which characters to make available.  I have a feeling that if you drop your subscription, and go to prefferred status, your characters will be locked out and you will have to choose which 6 to make available, and even if you resub, then chars more than 12 will be locked out, unless you bought them whilst prefferred. Can you confirm that scenario? I doubt anyone has done this yet.

If that is true, it is a nifty trick to keep you subbed constantly, if you have loads of chars that will all get locked out by dropping a sub, or just stay F2P / Prefferred if you do not have many characters.

I am playing as prefferred and have been just playing with my only 2 chars since Nov 15th, and only been playing 1 hour per week doing 3 space missions per week to boost XP, but now with more char slots I have started on my 3rd char now. If I decide to sub to get rid of these stupid limits, then the thought of creating 12 toons, and then going back to prefferred status seems daunting, so it seems better now just to stay prefferred and buy the slots as and when I need them, and if I do end up subbing in the end, I will not need to buy more slots just to unlock them all, as I would have unlocked them all over time whilst playing F2P, so there is not much incentive now to sub, until I have created all the chars I intend to create.

If you can still play the characters after dropping a sub, then that would encourage me to sub, but it is all confusing.

  skeaser

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/13/07
Posts: 3689

Don't die mad, just die.

1/12/13 6:21:39 AM#29
Looks like a bug. Sucks but they're working on it. These things happen in MMOs


A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

  BadOrb

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/11/13
Posts: 739

1/12/13 2:06:09 PM#30
Originally posted by Buffy_bites
 

Were you a subscriber at the time of the change? Having a subscription probably prevented the game making you choose which characters to make available.  I have a feeling that if you drop your subscription, and go to prefferred status, your characters will be locked out and you will have to choose which 6 to make available, and even if you resub, then chars more than 12 will be locked out, unless you bought them whilst prefferred. Can you confirm that scenario? I doubt anyone has done this yet.

If that is true, it is a nifty trick to keep you subbed constantly, if you have loads of chars that will all get locked out by dropping a sub, or just stay F2P / Prefferred if you do not have many characters.

I am playing as prefferred and have been just playing with my only 2 chars since Nov 15th, and only been playing 1 hour per week doing 3 space missions per week to boost XP, but now with more char slots I have started on my 3rd char now. If I decide to sub to get rid of these stupid limits, then the thought of creating 12 toons, and then going back to prefferred status seems daunting, so it seems better now just to stay prefferred and buy the slots as and when I need them, and if I do end up subbing in the end, I will not need to buy more slots just to unlock them all, as I would have unlocked them all over time whilst playing F2P, so there is not much incentive now to sub, until I have created all the chars I intend to create.

If you can still play the characters after dropping a sub, then that would encourage me to sub, but it is all confusing.

That's a very good post and yes I was a subscriber before the patch went live. You are correct in thinknig i'm kind of stuck being a subscriber as i believe i would indeed go down to 6 characters slots if i went preferred. So to unlock my other 10 characters would be 10 x 600 Cartel coins = 6000 CC which is a lot ( you can buy them on the GTN but preices range from 220 k - 600 k on my server atm ). So no i haven't tested it yet but it's what i believe would happen. If i had only 8 characters i would have considered it though , but the credit limit does put me off TBH. Not sure I would want just 4 quick bars either as some of my characters now use 5.

What some people probably do though is drop there sub and go preferred now and again. Say only sub for 4 months or so a year , that way you can swap which characters you want to play each time you unsub. If that makes sense. I might start a thread about it and ask who's trid it.

As to the OP welcome back and those tickets can take a long time to be answered. I would recommend calling them up , even though they have changed their phone number , it isn't free anymore so i would use skype ( isn't skype free for the first 2 hours or so ? ). Now some people can be on hold for hours and yet one person the other day had his problem sorted within 6 mins or so. If that 2nd poster isn't about i could post on the forum for you if you post me your user name and I can mention the error there ,let me know.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing.
"SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

  LaucianNailo

Novice Member

Joined: 12/03/08
Posts: 37

 
OP  1/13/13 6:44:41 AM#31
Originally posted by BadOrb
Originally posted by Buffy_bites
 

 

If that 2nd poster isn't about i could post on the forum for you if you post me your user name and I can mention the error there ,let me know.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Hey BadOrb, many thanks, much appreciated

My forum name on SWToR is 'LaucianNailor' (which is forced as unique by the system, so they should be able to know exactly what account name it is linked with).

I tried again today and the 3 characters I had activated were showing as inactive once again??? Thought this may be good and my account had been reset. Nope, still takes clicking on a charecter twice (and registering as 2 activations) to actually activate 1 character, so still very much borked.

I would still love to know why they clearly stated that all characters would be active to play, when clearly this is not what has been implemented. It's all well and good saying (after it's pointed out to be different), errrr, sorry thats not what we meant. Very bad form!

 

Thanks again for agreeing to post for me (my server is Red Eclipse btw - all 12 characters).

  BadOrb

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/11/13
Posts: 739

1/13/13 11:21:57 AM#32
Originally posted by LaucianNailo
Originally posted by BadOrb
Originally posted by Buffy_bites
 

 

If that 2nd poster isn't about i could post on the forum for you if you post me your user name and I can mention the error there ,let me know.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Hey BadOrb, many thanks, much appreciated

My forum name on SWToR is 'LaucianNailor' (which is forced as unique by the system, so they should be able to know exactly what account name it is linked with).

I tried again today and the 3 characters I had activated were showing as inactive once again??? Thought this may be good and my account had been reset. Nope, still takes clicking on a charecter twice (and registering as 2 activations) to actually activate 1 character, so still very much borked.

I would still love to know why they clearly stated that all characters would be active to play, when clearly this is not what has been implemented. It's all well and good saying (after it's pointed out to be different), errrr, sorry thats not what we meant. Very bad form!

 

Thanks again for agreeing to post for me (my server is Red Eclipse btw - all 12 characters).

Hi no worries , I just posted the thread but not sure how much joy we will get on a Sunday but i will bump it up once a day if i can. I'm not sure how to post proper links on this site yet but here's the URL.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=585478

oh and here's how it reads - 

This doesn't relate to my account. So the preferred players account in questions name is LaucianNailor and after patch 1.6.2 none of his characters where active and he had to click twice on a character to activate 1 and thus can only activate 3 characters and not 6. i take it this is an error and he would like it looked into please. He logged on again and no characters where active and the same situation occured. He has 12 characters all on the red eclipse. Please help him via email or posting here with any updates to his situation. Much appreciated.
 

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing.
"SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

  LaucianNailo

Novice Member

Joined: 12/03/08
Posts: 37

 
OP  1/14/13 2:52:33 PM#33

Hi BadOrb,

Thanks you for posting on the official forums, I received an e-mail today to inform me that they had fixed the error on my account, so hopefully I can get a chance to confirm all is good again on Saturday or Sunday when I next get the opportunity to log-in.

All the best mate

2 Pages « 1 2 Search