Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Shards

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,508 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,294,733
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » SWTOR lacks the little things....................

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
48 posts found
  Rydeson

Elite Member

12/31/12 8:35:49 AM#41

not only little things.. but "many" things..  

SWTOR is to MMORPG's as a Merry Go Round is to amusement thrill rides.. 

Karteli

Apprentice Member

1/11/13 9:03:08 PM#42
Originally posted by DeniZg
Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by DeniZg

Originally posted by Rocketeer Thats completely untrue. Its not just the Open PvP hotspots like tarrens mill. Where is the huge battleground like Alteracs Valley that could almost last a whole day in Vanilla times? Where are the different level progression paths for alts even within the same faction? Where are the epic 40 man raids? Where are the worldbosses you can pull into your own factions city to kill every freaking one? Or the city raids where you take several full raids and swarm your enemies faction city and kill its leader? How about the server wide event where everyone had to work at opening the gates of Ahn'Qiraj? You can't just throw all that into the OPvP bin like its some small part of it. Thats what we where doing in Vanilla WoW 90% of the time at endgame when we didn't run raids or normal BGs, which is the ONLY thing you can do in ToR. Bottom line is there was plenty to do in Vanilla WoW for everyone, you just picked your fancy.  Not sure wether the people who talk about Vanilla WoW these days actually where there. In many ways in Vanilla Wow there was more to do at endgame then in later expansions which obsoleted alot of the activities without providing new.
This x1000.

Vanilla WoW had so much to do beside dailies and heroics. It was much closer to Elder Scrolls series than it is to current WoW.

Unfortunately, SWTOR couldn't even implement major features of current WoW, let alone scratch the surface of  atmosphere that vanilla WoW had.

vanilla wow didn't have daily's or heroics LOL

SWTOR does. it has WZ's, it has just as much content if not more than wow had at release, its just a fact.

not saying its as good as wow was by any means but people that say it lacks all these features or it doesn't have the content wow had, are simply incorrect.

Heh, you're right about heroics, but I'm not sure about daily's. Ahn'Quiraj certainly had a nice grind, daily's or not.

Comparing to vanilla WoW, SWTOR lacks big time: alternative leveling zones, chat bubbles, massive and open world PVP, legendary items chain quests etc. The list could go on based on personal preference such as longer leveling, interesting and demanding dungeons (BRD, UBRS etc.) but meh.

Wow didn't have daileys at launch.  They didn't get introduced until "Burning Crusade", 2 years later.  Dailys were not apart of WoW Vanilla!!

Dailys are pretty much something Blizzard adopted to keep players interested while new content was underway.  It worked for Blizzard, because they had "stuff" underway.

Problem is, SWTOR (EA) adopted the mantra of money now, stuff later! .. they put Dailys in ... and this is where is all falls apart.  EA's track record for stuff "they want" is really bad.  EA had nothing to offer for players completing dailys.

Stuff ignored, then reinvestigated because subs were down, then a sudden interest .. that covers it.  Welcome to EA (owner of Bioware).

edit:

I do like how WoW has chatbubbles.  That is a major plus, even if the game isn't to my liking.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

eddieg50

Hard Core Member

1/11/13 9:08:48 PM#43

There certainly are some little things that Tor could improve on, but what they really need to do is put everything away and work on the space game,  Lol I play Tor for awhile for the ground game and then i play STO for a good space game

T

FromHell

Novice Member

1/11/13 9:11:46 PM#44

you call that little things??

Is Grand Canyon a little thing, then I agree.

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

NorseGod

Apprentice Member

1/11/13 10:21:12 PM#45
Originally posted by Paddyspub

.......................from keeping players wanting to play for the long term.

The devs seem so ignorant and clueless on just the little things in even a themepark mmo (like wow) than make it fun and keep players wanted to play even if they got their chars geared or cleared most content atm.

Why is it so hard for EAware to come up with things like:

•  having fun minigames like pazaak, swoop racing, etc
  • being able to sit down in chairs
  • rare mobs to hunt in the worlds
  • free roaming space travel and battles with special worlds to discover
  • being able to fully customize your ship inside and outside with neat gadgets to collect inside
  • being able to unlock a cool non-humanoid race to play if you reach a certain condtition
  • having a arena type feature in the game

This is just a small sample of what BW should do beside just moar dailies, ops, wzs, etc that ppl get tired of quicksly. Besides, what else is there to do besides either do wzs, ops, dailies.   No wonder so many ppl left.   Anyway my 2 cents.

You could start a letter writing campaign to GLAAD, they have a good track record of getting things added to SWTOR.

Distopia

Drifter

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

1/11/13 10:24:49 PM#46

The devs seem so ignorant and clueless on just the little things in even a themepark mmo (like wow) than make it fun and keep players wanted to play even if they got their chars geared or cleared most content atm.

• being able to fully customize your ship inside and outside with neat gadgets to collect inside
  • being able to unlock a cool non-humanoid race to play if you reach a certain condtition

This is just a small sample of what BW should do beside just moar dailies, ops, wzs, etc that ppl get tired of quicksly. Besides, what else is there to do besides either do wzs, ops, dailies.   No wonder so many ppl left.   Anyway my 2 cents.

I'd take a proper MMORPG experience in an open world anyday over the above, as that's what TOR truly lacks, IMO of course.

TOR imo is an MMO made up of the little things, one that misses the big picture by a mile.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

ignore_me

Apprentice Member

1/11/13 10:27:53 PM#47
Originally posted by Distopia

I'd take a proper MMORPG experience in an open world anyday over the above, as that's what TOR truly lacks, IMO of course.

It's plain as day, yet they won't acknowledge their architectural blunder. The first step to recovery, admitting you have a problem.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!

1/11/13 10:28:52 PM#48
Originally posted by snapfusion
In all fairness to SWTOR all MMO's these days lack the little things, the attention to detail and immersion has been replaced with lobby arcade style games.  Seriously the art of immersion is gone.

It's sad to say, but you are spot on. With the bank roll that BW had for SWTOR, there really is no excuse for launching what they gave us.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search