Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,639 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,086
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Cartel Market rakes in the cash

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
82 posts found
  gracefield

Advanced Member

1/08/13 10:08:43 AM#81
Originally posted by Rocketeer

2500 people is not a small sample group. Medical tests on life and death medicamentation(like cancer) is done on far smaller sample sizes.

Obviously fansites are mostly visited by people already dedicated to the game. That being said, yes they are making silly amounts of money with the cartel market. All F2P games with a sizeable population do. Its like putting a one armed bandit into a corner of your restaurant, your not selling less food, but you will make extra money with it.

Reason being that many people have no problem a sub, thats fine. However there is a subgroup in those subbers, that don't have any problem spending 10x a subs value on a ingame store if it happens to carry something they like. I spent like 50$ myself, getting field respecs and the like for all my chars, its quite handy and i don't mind the money.

It's not a word - but it should be!

Siug

Advanced Member

1/08/13 10:15:52 AM#82
Originally posted by gracefield
Originally posted by Rocketeer

2500 people is not a small sample group. Medical tests on life and death medicamentation(like cancer) is done on far smaller sample sizes.

Obviously fansites are mostly visited by people already dedicated to the game. That being said, yes they are making silly amounts of money with the cartel market. All F2P games with a sizeable population do. Its like putting a one armed bandit into a corner of your restaurant, your not selling less food, but you will make extra money with it.

Reason being that many people have no problem a sub, thats fine. However there is a subgroup in those subbers, that don't have any problem spending 10x a subs value on a ingame store if it happens to carry something they like. I spent like 50$ myself, getting field respecs and the like for all my chars, its quite handy and i don't mind the money.

It's not a word - but it should be!

+1 

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search