Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,843,646 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,493
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » SWTOR adding Same-Gender-Romance to "some" NPC's (Gay, Lesbian romance)

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search
128 posts found
  Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

1/06/13 11:33:26 PM#121

I consider the inclusion of sexual equality here to be a "progressive game mechanic", inasmuch as women and people of color have over the years seen equality. It's distressing that there is still so much hate surrounding same sex relationships.

I'm not gona talk about this in a political context any further but for game metrics i think its reasonable that people allowed be divided on this and not be subjected to various names or labels.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Nitth

Elite Member

1/06/13 11:37:25 PM#122

Originally posted by Telondariel

Originally posted by Nitth  

Originally posted by Telondariel This is what happened to the last discussion. A couple of homophobes disrupted a potentially civil thread on progressive game dynamics, and it just became a mess. Look what's happening here: same thing with two very vocal proliferators of hate against gays.     This thread was doomed from page one. it's just a back and forth now with zero constructiveness. The hate mongering, again, ruined a potential positive discussion.   i vote for a thread lock.     
  Thanks for labeling everyone that is uneasy with this "progressive game mechanic" as a homophobe.
Hmm, where did you read in my comment the use of the word "everyone"?  Oh, that's right. Nowhere.      You did, however, contribute to the negative antagonisism.  
  My comment was not negative in nature it was pro equality. But equality has to work both ways. Labeling people on both sides is a sure way to generate hate.
Firstly, don't even try to backtrack and say your comment to me wasn't negative or about pro equality.  It was instigative, and based on poor comprehension of a very comprehensive statement.

Secondly, there are two blatant homophobes posting in this thread. That's not "labeling", that's calling a duck a duck. If you are going to spread hate across 6 pages of a thread, you need to be called out. 

Again, this thread has failed and I still call for it to be locked.

Im not back pedaling. read the RoC don't insult by name calling.

Doesn't matter weather you believe it to be true or not. its un warranted.

Should not both parties be able to express their views?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Latronus

Novice Member

PC is not political correctness, it means Political Cowardice!

1/06/13 11:39:51 PM#123

This is what happened to the last discussion. A couple of homophobes disrupted a potentially civil thread on progressive game dynamics, and it just became a mess. Look what's happening here: same thing with two very vocal proliferators of hate against gays.

This thread was doomed from page one. it's just a back and forth now with zero constructiveness. The hate mongering, again, ruined a potential positive discussion.

i vote for a thread lock. 

The real problem is EA is wasting time and effort to add something that a very loud minority of players that probably aren't even playing anymore wanted.  I'd rather have a day/night cycle and weather than something that has no bearing at all to ame mechanics.  This subject was run into the ground before launch and just like here, if you don't want it, you are a hater or homophobe.  The left is oh so tolerant as long as you agree with them.  Stop being a hypocrit and accept there are other opinions and believes than yours!

And FYI, I'm a realist that just happens to think that there are more important things to FIX before they add this.  More endgame content would be nice or make the worlds more "alive" to name a couple.

One thing I do agree with you on is this thread should be locked.

Telondariel

Hard Core Member

1/06/13 11:45:33 PM#124

Originally posted by Telondariel This is what happened to the last discussion. A couple of homophobes disrupted a potentially civil thread on progressive game dynamics, and it just became a mess. Look what's happening here: same thing with two very vocal proliferators of hate against gays.     This thread was doomed from page one. it's just a back and forth now with zero constructiveness. The hate mongering, again, ruined a potential positive discussion.   i vote for a thread lock.     
  Thanks for labeling everyone that is uneasy with this "progressive game mechanic" as a homophobe.
Hmm, where did you read in my comment the use of the word "everyone"?  Oh, that's right. Nowhere.      You did, however, contribute to the negative antagonisism.  
  My comment was not negative in nature it was pro equality. But equality has to work both ways. Labeling people on both sides is a sure way to generate hate.
Firstly, don't even try to backtrack and say your comment to me wasn't negative or about pro equality.  It was instigative, and based on poor comprehension of a very comprehensive statement.

Secondly, there are two blatant homophobes posting in this thread. That's not "labeling", that's calling a duck a duck. If you are going to spread hate across 6 pages of a thread, you need to be called out. 

Again, this thread has failed and I still call for it to be locked.

Im not back pedaling. read the RoC don't insult by name calling.

Doesn't matter weather you believe it to be true or not. its un warranted.

Should not both parties be able to express their views?

Apparently expression by the parties I was referring to is not fine. If you'll page back, you'll notice a series of deletions. 

An expression based on hate is not ok.  

**for clarity, there is a clear disparity between people disliking dev time going here rather than spending time on other more pertinent game issues, and the other people I am directly focusing on in this thread. I don't care about game issues, or priorities.i am bothered by a minority of people here who have an anti-gay agenda.

Draron

Novice Member

1/06/13 11:46:16 PM#125

I'm all for it. 

Are there other things needed? Yes, but they've added a few Operations and Flashpoints since release for those players interested. I'm all for more character interaction and feel like it's one of SWTOR's biggest selling points as it is is most Bioware games, even though I won't be using this line particularly. 

And it's pretty small scale, like OP mentioned - only a few NPC's. I'd feel if more time was invested to put a few on each planet or something would be too much of a hassle.

Nitth

Elite Member

1/06/13 11:47:41 PM#126

]Originally posted by TelondarielApparently expression by the parties I was referring to is not fine. If you'll page back, you'll notice a series of deletions.

That were deleted by the OP or by his request...

"hate" is a very strong word. I read those deleted comments none of those were strong enough to call hate.

Karteli

Apprentice Member

OP  1/06/13 11:53:39 PM#127
Originally posted by Latronus

This is what happened to the last discussion. A couple of homophobes disrupted a potentially civil thread on progressive game dynamics, and it just became a mess. Look what's happening here: same thing with two very vocal proliferators of hate against gays.

This thread was doomed from page one. it's just a back and forth now with zero constructiveness. The hate mongering, again, ruined a potential positive discussion.

i vote for a thread lock. 

The real problem is EA is wasting time and effort to add something that a very loud minority of players that probably aren't even playing anymore wanted.  I'd rather have a day/night cycle and weather than something that has no bearing at all to ame mechanics.  This subject was run into the ground before launch and just like here, if you don't want it, you are a hater or homophobe.  The left is oh so tolerant as long as you agree with them.  Stop being a hypocrit and accept there are other opinions and believes than yours!

And FYI, I'm a realist that just happens to think that there are more important things to FIX before they add this.  More endgame content would be nice or make the worlds more "alive" to name a couple.

One thing I do agree with you on is this thread should be locked.

It should be locked(?) .. because it discusses details of SWTOR features that WILL be added?  Getting the thread locked will not make the topic suddenly go away.

You did say you were a realist, right?

Who exactly is this very loud minority?  Do you have poll results?

I think the minority is bigger than you realize, even though you are a realist.  SGRA has little to do with real life sexuality (although it can be integrated, sure), but more to do with how a player wishes to interact with the game.  Some straight guys play girls, and want to romance girls.  Some straight girls play guys to romance guys.  Some cross.

I think your very loud minority is a tad bigger than you thought.

In any event, the original thread includes LINKS to actual quotes.  SGRA isn't going away, although it could have been handled differently, such as with companions.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Telondariel

Hard Core Member

1/06/13 11:54:51 PM#128

]Originally posted by TelondarielApparently expression by the parties I was referring to is not fine. If you'll page back, you'll notice a series of deletions.

That were deleted by the OP or by his request...

"hate" is a very strong word. I read those deleted comments none of those were strong enough to call hate.

I think I'm about done with wasting time on you. The mods here obviously thought the threads by that individual needed to be removed. I happen to agree. 

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search