Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | PoxNora | Crowfall

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,931,273 Users Online:0
Games:764  Posts:6,340,756
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
84 posts found
  Ahnog

Advanced Member

OP  9/29/12 7:30:36 AM#81
Originally posted by MuratReis

I think that the majority of MMO players are reactionary and impatient. This makes sense, though, as the millions of new MMO players expect a game to finished once it is released and everything to be handed to them. The old MMO crowd is much smaller and understand that MMOs need time to grow and time to experience. SWTOR has a lot to offer, but most of it will take months if not years to get. The old crowd enjoys MMOs not for the content but for the MMO experience, that is. I think SWTOR's biggest fault is that they were unable to satisfy the new MMO crowd and there just aren't enough old timers to support the game (considering many of them play other games). 

Personally, I enjot SWTOR and could care less about content. Enjoying the game with my friends and learning about how the game will develop  is enought for me.

the content is huge and there is much to do for 50s in the area of gear acquicition. The new 50 should start running the story mode instances with an aim towards gearing up for the headmode. The hard mode runs gear up for the basic operations (story operations). The operations gear up for the top content, hard mode operations. It's going to take hundreds of runs to get the gear you need and the challenge is to enjoy the process and not just focus on the gear itself.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

http://www.ahnog.us

MuratReis

Novice Member

9/29/12 7:15:59 PM#82
Originally posted by Ahnog

I think that the majority of MMO players are reactionary and impatient. This makes sense, though, as the millions of new MMO players expect a game to finished once it is released and everything to be handed to them. The old MMO crowd is much smaller and understand that MMOs need time to grow and time to experience. SWTOR has a lot to offer, but most of it will take months if not years to get. The old crowd enjoys MMOs not for the content but for the MMO experience, that is. I think SWTOR's biggest fault is that they were unable to satisfy the new MMO crowd and there just aren't enough old timers to support the game (considering many of them play other games). 

Personally, I enjot SWTOR and could care less about content. Enjoying the game with my friends and learning about how the game will develop  is enought for me.

the content is huge and there is much to do for 50s in the area of gear acquicition. The new 50 should start running the story mode instances with an aim towards gearing up for the headmode. The hard mode runs gear up for the basic operations (story operations). The operations gear up for the top content, hard mode operations. It's going to take hundreds of runs to get the gear you need and the challenge is to enjoy the process and not just focus on the gear itself.

Right -- And then there are things like killing all the world bosses, RP, crafting the best items possible (needs ops), finding cool places, ext.

MMOdad72

Novice Member

1/04/13 12:11:49 AM#83
Originally posted by Ahnog

How's that Illum Bioware advertised and pushed prelaunch doing nowadays ? Still abandoned a year later ?

And if hundreds of runs of the same isntance againt AI is fun for you , good for you , sounds boring as shit to me.

Marirranya

Novice Member

1/04/13 1:38:12 AM#84

well im happy you guys found it fun and interesting :3

dunno why but when i played it - i wasnt happy with the game at all. and im not even a critic! ><

i guess i just wasnt feeling it (compared to wow) heh

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search