Trending Games | Wizard101 | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Pirate101

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,538 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,248
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » Questions & Answers » Possible returning player, but have questions.

6 posts found
  L0st

Novice Member

OP  11/30/12 6:56:37 AM#1

I've been considering returning to this game since it's been awhile and being a StarWars fan I'd like to give it one more try but It's been so long since I've played that I thought i'd ask some of you what new features they have released and also, what (if any..) fixes have they put in place to address issues like servers being empty and people having trouble finding groups for instances.. Stuff like that.

Thanks!

thecapitaine

Hard Core Member

11/30/12 11:14:19 AM#2

I don't know when you stopped playing originally but there have been some quality of life improvements made to the game for grouping and curbing the "ghost town" effect that was present a while ago.  A real group-finder is in place now which has made getting Flashpoints a lot easier than before.   The server, time, and role you play will determine how long of a wait you have but it's far better than spamming General for hours on end at the station.  Since the servers have been merged down to a much smaller number, population has also been much improved across the board.  With the game going F2P, that's been magnified a bit as well, especially on the early planets.

Whether the changes are good enough, I can't say for sure.  However, having endured the days with no finder and empty servers, I can say they've both made a big difference in improving sociability and the accessibility of group content in the game.

Sevenstar61

Hard Core Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

11/30/12 11:30:35 AM#3

Check as F2P player and if you like changes sub. Also for all changes made to game check:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Patch notes will  give you all changes done to game from beginning.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

L0st

Novice Member

OP  11/30/12 1:08:21 PM#4

Thank you very much!  Oh, and to answer your question I quit a few after launch. I got my marauder to 50 and got bored just sitting in station waiting for a raid or some thing to open up.

I'm going to give it another try :)

Elevenb4

Hard Core Member

11/30/12 1:13:23 PM#5
Originally posted by SoraStar

Thank you very much!  Oh, and to answer your question I quit a few after launch. I got my marauder to 50 and got bored just sitting in station waiting for a raid or some thing to open up.

I'm going to give it another try :)

I enjoyed SWTOR since the beginning but, I didn't have as much time to play as I used to have to devote to MMO's. No offense at all to those who have much more time. I could only devoted maybe 6 hours a week to play for the first few months. So for me, I didn't have my first 50 for the first 6 months since I enjoyed playign alts too. Anwyays, so much has changed for the better. I'm still enjoying the game as much if not more than I did the first few months. The group finder helps things alot too.

anyways, my 2 cents.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

SysOpPsyche

Novice Member

12/13/12 6:45:36 PM#6

Another possible returning player looking for info to convince me to re-download.

Played from pre-launch to 'Kaon under Siege' predominantly with Bounty Hunters (Pyro/Hybrid Merc main and a PowerTech Hybrid alt). Both are level 50.

Simply put I've looked at F2P matrix and it doesn't look like I'll have any MMO functionality if I do return (despite being a pre-order and having purchased the Game). Question is mainly for 'returning' players.

How much do you have when you get back, My server was Iron Citadel but it isn't listed anymore and I had characters on multiple servers. Did they wipe characters and/or their inventory. Is there anything (Operations/Flashpoint wise) that I may be able to do as a F2P+game box purchaser. Did they ever get the Open World PvP world/zone working and worth playing.

BTW, I'm not looking for Opinions so much as Info/Stories/explainations of your opinions.

I know they added a Group Finder and I've read on SWTOR forums that BH's have been consistently nerfed but that doesn't phase me, I don't care if its challenging just whether it can be fun (victory/value from teams is possible) - I ran operations as a Pyro Merc despite the class being unpopular to use in it (and was in fact in demand by those that ran with me despite that). I don't have much more info on that other than hearing EA is acting typical of EA's money grubbing nature which doesn't surprise me and may or may not change whether the game is or is not fun.

I have numerous other games & Beta's I could play but I'm looking for specific group/community activities right now that may be present in SWTOR.

Thank you for any thoughtful & informative replies.