Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | WildStar | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,233 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,786
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » Questions & Answers » Ashara Zavros: Missed the first [Flirt] option

10 posts found
  SpectralTime

Novice Member

OP  12/11/12 2:41:45 AM#1
I'm playing a male Sith Inquisitor, and enjoying the game. Through the magic of the internets, I learned that Ashara Zavros, my new companion, is really hard to gain affection with if you aren't romancing her.

Now, in the fullness of time, I had a conversation with her that offered a [Flirt] option. I'm one of those people who obsessively retreads dialogue trees over and over again until they turn out in a way I'm happy with, and I wanted to hit on her in a way that didn't make me sound like a creep. Unfortunately, in so doing, I accidentally terminated the conversation without having actually flirted with her, so I missed that first chance.

Here's my question: if you DON'T take the option to romance her right off the bat, do you lose the chance to try to do it later? If so, is there some way to reset a quest if you don't click on the "accepted" button under the "Pending" window?

I'm sorry to bother everyone with this, but I'm just trying to see how much affection item-grinding I'm going to have to do here. Also, I kinda like her, though I'd need to talk with her a little more to tell if I'd be comfortable doing the romance thing.

Ginaz

Hard Core Member

12/11/12 2:45:59 AM#2
One missed dialogue option shouldn't effect your chance to romance a companion.  Just keep trying to raise her effection and should be able to do it eventually.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

SpectralTime

Novice Member

OP  12/11/12 2:54:19 AM#3
Good to know, then.  Thanks for the prompt and speedy response.
  SpectralTime

Novice Member

OP  12/11/12 6:09:17 PM#4

Finally found a complete assessment elsewhere.  Unfortunately, it all-but confirms that I only had one chance and blew it.

...Aw, well.  I'll live.

Jyd111

Apprentice Member

12/12/12 7:59:37 AM#5
Originally posted by SpectralTime

Finally found a complete assessment elsewhere.  Unfortunately, it all-but confirms that I only had one chance and blew it.

...Aw, well.  I'll live.

Where is this assessment you found elsewhere? I am pretty sure that you have more than one chance to start a romance with her. I just got her as a companion but with my other characters they have had multiple chances to romance their companion.

Give me back SWG at sunset and keep adding to it and I would pay twice what it was costing.

SpectralTime

Novice Member

OP  12/13/12 2:15:28 AM#6
The way I heard it is this:

If you take the [Flirt] option in a dialogue with a companion, that starts their romance path. Along that path, there may be other [Flirt] options, but there are only certain pre-determined points at which a player can "break in" to the romance arc.

Most NPCs have multiple points, but Ashara only has the one, early on. Thus, missing the first [Flirt] misses the arc.

But, you know what? I'm honestly okay with that. If the only way to romance the girl is to be a creep and take advantage of her hero-worship, then screw it. I'mma just get on with my life, and stay in character.

...Even if it DOES turn the process of gaining Affection into, pardon my French, an absolute male-genitalia-grinder. How do lady Inquisitors stand it?
  TribeofOne

Advanced Member

12/13/12 2:18:43 AM#7
if that is the chick at the very beginning you can flirt with her but i leads nowhere.....as the overseer kills her as an example. iirc
  FromHell

Novice Member

12/13/12 2:20:43 AM#8
Do you have a crush on that alien?

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

SpectralTime

Novice Member

OP  12/13/12 7:45:52 PM#9
Originally posted by TribeofOne
if that is the chick at the very beginning you can flirt with her but i leads nowhere.....as the overseer kills her as an example. iirc

Nah, not her.  It's the Jedi girl with the head-tentacles who's a follower.

But, again, I'm okay with that.

Tigasnake

Apprentice Member

1/31/13 9:53:06 AM#10
If you felt like you missed out on some togruta fun, there are romance videos littered all over YouTube.