Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Shroud of the Avatar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,766,107 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,086
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » SWTOR - Space Project - It Does Exist!!!!!

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search
136 posts found
  Sevenstar61

Hard Core Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

OP  12/01/12 7:17:38 PM#121
Originally posted by Pelaaja
Originally posted by Sevenstar61
Originally posted by Deewe
Originally posted by Sevenstar61
Also one more thing...  those who play Empire in TOR would have to have reasonable equivalent. Once you go for Empire there's no way to be a Rep.  Not many MMOs currently are offering to play villains. At least I am not aware of any.

Did not feel that much of a villain in TOR, more like a greedy peon if you ask...

Too often the dark choices are just about getting $$$. As if Sith or Jedi gliding towards the dark side cares about money.

But well some dark choice were indeed being an ass... that did dnot either fit the IP about being on the dark side.

Back to the space content and SWG: the nice thing about JTL is you had multiplayer space ships.

It allowed players more comfortable with 3D to bring in on friends and put them in turrets.

Then runs after runs, they would start to gettin the tricks and proceed to fly their own ship, side by side with a wing mate.

Eventually they'd start flying alone and more surprinsingly, or not, getting involved in PvP at some point and be good!

One thing you have to hope if they are really making a free roaming space sim is base it not on BFII (too easy so boring in the long term), nor even JTL & Wing  Commander (messy UI and controls) but on X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter.

deleted... should not post today LOL celebrating and had some wine LOL  ... anyway money and power are two factors that can make person evil... both of these factors are present in SWTOR. And sure being an ass just for a sake of it /grin it's there too. I would say all aspects are present, side quests are more money oriented, class quest depending on class...

Being evil or good gives you no edge/hinder against the opposite.

If you're talking RP instead of raw numbers then probably there's some sense in your words. Raw numbers tell me it's all the same what decisions you make in the game according to LS or DS. You benefit zip on it (except that being other than extreme might hinder you from buing shitty gear).

Of course I am talking RP. This is SWTOR...

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

tiefighter25

Novice Member

12/01/12 7:54:56 PM#122
Originally posted by Xirik
Originally posted by Jonoku
I don't blame them for not having the space project to come with the game. Space wasn't in SWG right away. Its going to be a sellout if the space will be any good. I'll come back if it looks good.

You know, I know and Bob knows... SW:ToR is ancient history now. It's the game of the past and will never recover whatever they try to do. At best they'll manage to keep those 200k (or what's the number today?) players around and that's it.

500k-750k subs. 2nd Biggest sub based game right now.

Yep everything other then 1st is irrelevant.. Kids these days...

Thanks for the estimation and a compliment. Every now and then it helps midlife crisis to hear such kind words.

But the numbers you said are to be projected towards other F2P games (or Freemiums, as some say) instead of subscription based games. Just to repeat it in case you didn't catch it, SW:ToR isn't a sub based game anymore.

So, there's WoW that's sub based game and then there's EVE. Any other MMO these days that don't have somekind of Freemium or B2P type account model?

Rift is sub based and manages to pump out a startling amount of content. TSW and Tera are still sub based. There are others that have smaller player bases but are still sub based. Final Fantasy has stated they will remain sub based. TESO will be sub based.

Beanpuie

Elite Member

12/01/12 7:58:46 PM#123

okay Sevenstar.....tell you what.. lets make a deal

If this comes out, ill bake you lasanga on your space ship and post screenshots.

Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

"Veni Vidi Vici"

12/01/12 8:05:22 PM#124
Originally posted by Xirik

500k-750k subs. 2nd Biggest sub based game right now.

Yep everything other then 1st is irrelevant.. Kids these days...

Are you stuck in the past? lol.

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

Masonic1

Novice Member

12/01/12 9:07:44 PM#125

no it doesn't.

bioware knows that the players are leaving and really came up with the whole thing as a way to try and slow the leaving player base down. note that it's barely working.

Sevenstar61

Hard Core Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

OP  12/01/12 10:17:15 PM#126
Originally posted by Beanpuie

okay Sevenstar.....tell you what.. lets make a deal

If this comes out, ill bake you lasanga on your space ship and post screenshots.

I take it LOL

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Rydeson

Advanced Member

12/02/12 4:51:50 AM#127
     I"m playing EVE right now on the 14 day free trial..  Are people saying that SWTOR is going to impliment a space game like EVE? or just beef up the space on rails?   I seriously doubt SWTOR is going to do any true galactic 3D space..
  ObiClownobi

Novice Member

12/02/12 6:34:09 AM#128
I hope it is in development, but with the stripped down Dev team, I don't think we will be seeing anything soon, I also am not sure they will be able to do the needed complete from the ground up re-write and feaqr a rehashed rails shooter.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

Yakamomoto

Apprentice Member

12/02/12 8:50:01 AM#129
Originally posted by FromHell
Originally posted by Yakamomoto

Star Citizen will dwarf their little SSSP space attempt.

I'm quite sure it's some "warzones," Moonbreaker style, you'll queue up, get a loading screen, shoot around in an instance with 16 players steering with mouse (no joystick support), 3rd person view, no cockpits, no complicated flight sim controls to cater to their casual customers.

Warzone ends, followed by a loading screen.

All in glorious dull Hero Engine clone wars graphics, tested to work on 2005 office laptops.

there, the SSSP in a nutshell.

yes, this is the absolute maximum I expect..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpVDPyH384c

Moonbreaker.

And let me add, earliest date is probably sometime 2014..."far out in the future".

lol @bioware

just sad.

exactly. The sad thing is, the Moonbreakers type gameplay fits perfectly into SWTOR with all the instancing, queuing up for warzones thing and linear themepark gameplay.

Perhaps they will buy it, reskin some ships, add some voiceovers and sell it to us as the SSSP .

Don't have any hopes for a SC, Freelancer or Elite Dangerous type space sim.

Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

"Veni Vidi Vici"

12/02/12 9:37:56 AM#130
Originally posted by Masonic1

no it doesn't.

bioware knows that the players are leaving and really came up with the whole thing as a way to try and slow the leaving player base down. note that it's barely working.

thats because they are already known to not meeting promises......... I wonder their definition of "soon"

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

olepi

Advanced Member

12/02/12 9:56:48 AM#131

Normally, we get the trademarked "Soon" (tm) as to when some new shiny feature will come out. In this case, it's not even "Soon" (tm), but "Not Soon" (tm).

Not gonna hold my breath, even if they had said "Soon".  I will be surpirsed if anything comes out until the end of next year.

------------
RIP City of Heroes. One of my favorite MMO's.

tiefighter25

Novice Member

12/03/12 2:52:04 AM#132

Soon™.

This is only for the true death metal enthusiasts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMh8GQnDW8

Bang your head.

Fignar

Novice Member

I support my legs, because they support me

12/04/12 3:26:31 PM#133

One thing you should have learnt by now is don't get your hopes up and don't expect anything. For all we know it could just be a slight upgrade to the rail shooter in place now. 

One thing that you can say  is that EAware have a habit of over hyping everything. 

Water cooled Intel Corei7 920 D0 Stepping OC'd 4.3GHz - 6GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM 2000Mhz - ASUS RAGE II EXTREME X58 Mobo - 2x HD 5870 in Crossfire X, OC'd 0.9Ghz core 1.3Ghz RAM - Dell 2407WFP Flat Panel LCD 24" 1920x1200

raistlinm

Novice Member

12/05/12 1:37:26 AM#134
Originally posted by Fignar

One thing you should have learnt by now is don't get your hopes up and don't expect anything. For all we know it could just be a slight upgrade to the rail shooter in place now. 

One thing that you can say  is that EAware have a habit of over hyping everything. 

You could say that if you don't like what they make whih works just as equally for any company that releases a product that any one single person doesn't like luckily for me I tend to really enjoy EA/BW games so for me it isn't over hyped.

In regards to the space project glad to see it moving along even though my interest in it is minor as I'm still enjoying the game and still finishing the storylines.

Draron

Novice Member

12/05/12 1:46:51 AM#135
I like the current space minigame for what it is - nothing more than a diversion really, like the minigames in GW1 (snowball fights?). I really hope the new space project is open ended and has more "meat" to it rather than being an on rails shooter.
  Swanea

Advanced Member

12/05/12 2:00:17 AM#136

I would never expect an EvE sort of space sim out of this game.  I think anyone hoping or "thinking' it will be that is just silly.  Especially those that think that it Should be that, but they already hate the game, so when it isn't that, it lets them hate it even more! Justifaction, go!

If it's similar to XwingVsTie, with missions with up to 8 people at the start in huge open space areas, that'd be wonderful.  I'd hope for more then just your one ship.

But that link to that moon breaker is most likely closer to what it will be. Sadly

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search