Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | EverQuest Next

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,793,933 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,194,804
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » To: Bioware EA customer managers

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  tiefighter25

Novice Member

11/20/12 3:49:16 PM#21
Originally posted by AG-Vuk

Chat restriction is the smartest thing they did for the F2P model. The trolling in general chat is already high with the paided subs. I can't imagine how much worse it would be without it. 

Op it's your own dam fault you paid close to  $300 for the pack you did. No one made you, yet you bought it. You played and decided the only aspect you like is PvP. Yet you complain that that you can't pick and chose what aspects of the game you can and want to play. Then to add to the hypocrisy by complaining that EA shouldn't be charging you for the parts of the game you want to play at the rate they are charging , mainly because you paid  ~ $300  for the game. Yet,  EA has decided if you like PvP you can play pvp only , it's just not a package. You'll need to pay  for 2 quick slots  ( might be able to get away with just one ) and a weekly WZ pass. For a grand total 740 Cartel coins or between  $ 5.40 - $ 8.22 a week on the high side. So $ 15 a month ,just makes more sense. Which is what EA wants. So the real complaint boils down to, you don't want to pay the prices EA decided , but the ones you'd rather pay. See EA can pick and choose , just as much as you can.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/swtor-cartel-market-calculator/2769/

You can try and justify it all you want but EA stating that people didn't want to pay a monthly sub so they decided to open the game up to those people by charging them a higher weekly sub is a failure in logic that cannot be resolved without seeking ulterior motives.

AG-Vuk

Advanced Member

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Oh, I see it's too late to help you.

11/20/12 5:20:38 PM#22
Originally posted by tiefighter25
Originally posted by AG-Vuk

Chat restriction is the smartest thing they did for the F2P model. The trolling in general chat is already high with the paided subs. I can't imagine how much worse it would be without it. 

Op it's your own dam fault you paid close to  $300 for the pack you did. No one made you, yet you bought it. You played and decided the only aspect you like is PvP. Yet you complain that that you can't pick and chose what aspects of the game you can and want to play. Then to add to the hypocrisy by complaining that EA shouldn't be charging you for the parts of the game you want to play at the rate they are charging , mainly because you paid  ~ $300  for the game. Yet,  EA has decided if you like PvP you can play pvp only , it's just not a package. You'll need to pay  for 2 quick slots  ( might be able to get away with just one ) and a weekly WZ pass. For a grand total 740 Cartel coins or between  $ 5.40 - $ 8.22 a week on the high side. So $ 15 a month ,just makes more sense. Which is what EA wants. So the real complaint boils down to, you don't want to pay the prices EA decided , but the ones you'd rather pay. See EA can pick and choose , just as much as you can.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/swtor-cartel-market-calculator/2769/

You can try and justify it all you want but EA stating that people didn't want to pay a monthly sub so they decided to open the game up to those people by charging them a higher weekly sub is a failure in logic that cannot be resolved without seeking ulterior motives.

You're failure in logic is not seeing the marketing aspect of this. EA has said okay , there's this preception that people won't play a game unless it's free to play and won't pay a sub for the entire game. So let's give them parts of the game they want and they can pick and choose what and how much they want to play.  The majority of people being the dumb bunnies they are, think this is a great idea.  A game for free and i pay for what i want to use. The thing is that majority are to dumb to realize that when everything is said and done , they'll get more value if they just pay the sub. Either way EA wins, if you want to play the game .  So you claim my logic fails. The marketing on the hand , wins. This was never about logic , quite the contrary. It was about parting fools from their money.

Deewe

Novice Member

11/20/12 5:25:22 PM#23
Originally posted by Airtaee
Originally posted by Deewe

OP (as many others vets) is unhappy because, for some reason, he thinks he deserves more than new players.

So now the choice is easy: sub or leave.

I think you should read my thread... just before to place your opinion.

But no worries i have a TL,DR for you: 

Pay for unlock a slotbar after paying 150€ for the game is not fair. Pay it separatly for every character you have...is just moronic.

Want new players who pay full sub? amke game fun. 

In before your response game is fun for you: Tell that to the millon players lost by the way.

Never said I disagree nor I agree with you. I was just pointing at the facts in a neutral way... 

rdrakken

Apprentice Member

11/20/12 7:07:49 PM#24
Originally posted by ignore_me

^^ this will happen, in droves.

Again, this will happen again, in droves.

User Deleted
11/21/12 2:40:34 AM#25
Originally posted by ignore_me

^^ this will happen, in droves.

Again :)

LoverNoFighter

Novice Member

SWG pre cu > all

11/21/12 3:15:17 AM#26
This game is declining in a fascinating speed.
  Skuall

Hard Core Member

11/21/12 8:46:31 AM#27
Originally posted by DSWBeef

EAware should have really copied aions F2P model. NCsoft makes boat loads of money selling costumes, pets, mounts, boosts, and so on on the story while the WHOLE game is comepletely free. I mean just read the features of being a F2P player.

What are the benefits of Truly Free?

The Aion Truly Free experience combines the best parts of the
Lineage 2: Goddess of Destruction™ Truly Free model with numerous enhancements.

Here are some of the key features of Aion Truly Free:

• No subscription fee. Play for free!
  • No account restrictions. Visit any zone, chat in any channel, sell any amount of stuff on the trade broker—nothing is off limits!
  • Robust countermeasures to combat game abuse. We're dedicating a ton of resources to preventing account theft, botting, and real money trading.
  • No hassles. Create your account, download the game, and play!
  • No harassment. Don't worry, we won't hound you with constant offers or promotions.
  • A lot of great stuff we'll reveal more about leading up to launch!
If swtor had this kind of model then EA would see a HUGE influx of new players. People care about being different so much that BW could sell modable armor, color crystals, modable weapons, mounts, companion skins, titles, and even the lotto packs and it would rake in cash. If people are being treated like $ signs then they will just leave, if they are being treated like human being then they will throw money at you because you are being respectful to them. The sub would get such benefits as:
Free content updates
500CC a month
Priority queue time
A special title and mount (only usable if subbed)
Ship Skins
Dual spec
Special forum tag

It seems that the subs are the loyal swtor customers so even if subs only entail fluff stuff and 500 CC a month thy will still sub because they are LOYAL!

QFT!

OG_Zorvan

Apprentice Member

11/22/12 2:02:55 AM#28
Originally posted by LoverNoFighter
This game is declining in a fascinating speed.

Oh, no no no. It passed fascinating speed months ago.

It has now hit ludicrous speed and will soon reach plaid.

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

2 Pages « 1 2 Search