Trending Games | Swordsman | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Rift

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,830 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,576
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Free to Play Restrictions list

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
112 posts found
  nolic1

Apprentice Member

OP  11/15/12 7:29:52 PM#1

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Have a look for you self and decide.

To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.

cybersrs

Novice Member

11/15/12 7:34:30 PM#2
Why is it called Free to Play?
  Aethaeryn

Hard Core Member

11/15/12 7:39:31 PM#3
I assume prefered means having spent any amount of money?  I love that free to play can't even sprint :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Entropy14

Advanced Member

11/15/12 7:39:49 PM#4
lol so basically you can log on , wow, exciting.
  nolic1

Apprentice Member

OP  11/15/12 7:40:52 PM#5

If you mouse over the symbols on the list they explain what they are and spriting F2P get at lvl 15.

To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.

Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

"Veni Vidi Vici"

11/15/12 7:40:56 PM#6
Originally posted by cybersrs

To try to get people's attention. its more like limited to play.

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

SuperXero89

Advanced Member

11/15/12 7:47:59 PM#7

How long will it take them to remove the hotbar restriction?  My level 50 is unplayable because of this.  

Normally I cave and resubscribe or purchase the unlock I want, but this felt like such a slap in the face that I loaded up Rift and bought that expansion instead lol.

Kaerigan

Novice Member

11/15/12 7:51:40 PM#8
Originally posted by Entropy14
lol so basically you can log on , wow, exciting.

Shh! Don't give them any ideas!

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

tiefighter25

Novice Member

11/15/12 8:01:25 PM#9
Originally posted by mnwild1998
How many post can we have about haters/trol!$ whinning and crying that this is not Freebies and Handouts 2 play. Its unreal the lazieness and entitlement some people have.

Well based on the fact that 2 million people played and decided the game wasn't worth $15 a month, I'm guessing a lot.

Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

11/15/12 8:15:18 PM#10

to get suckers.

that must be why f2p games are full of retards. anyone above 20 iq would know better than to expect the game to be free to play.

tiefighter25

Novice Member

11/15/12 8:16:45 PM#11
Originally posted by tiefighter25
How many post can we have about haters/trol!$ whinning and crying that this is not Freebies and Handouts 2 play. Its unreal the lazieness and entitlement some people have.

Well based on the fact that 2 million people played and decided the game wasn't worth $15 a month, I'm guessing a lot.

Come on really? Every MMO loses subs after the 1st few months its normal. And to say TOR lost 2 million is a joke.

A joke on who, EA?

They sold 2.4 million boxes. Their subs are beneath 500k.

Just because recent MMOs have lost subs in their forst few months does not make it normal, especially not at the rate ToR lost subs.

But why go over old news? Enjoy the FTP relaunch.

Yanshee

Novice Member

11/15/12 8:23:34 PM#12
Originally posted by tiefighter25

Come on really? Every MMO loses subs after the 1st few months its normal. And to say TOR lost 2 million is a joke.

The truth sorta sucks huh...

User Deleted
11/16/12 2:18:34 AM#13

Marketing trick. Its expanded restricted free trial.

Originally posted by mnwild1998Come on really? Every MMO loses subs after the 1st few months its normal. And to say TOR lost 2 million is a joke.

Yah, its more to 2,3 million, people should get their numbers right.

Thank you for pointing it out :)

Darklotus79

Novice Member

11/16/12 3:00:53 AM#14

I know they wanna make the money but damn ! Got to be the most meffed up F2p setup I have ever seen !

At least let us have chat FFS..

nathonc Xfire Miniprofile
  maccajnr

Apprentice Member

11/16/12 4:21:35 AM#15

What happens to existing accounts converted to f2P?

- I had over 2 millions credits, will I loose 1.8 millions with the F2P credit cap?

- I had 5 characters. Will I loose 3 with the F2P characters slot limit, or not be able to play 3 of them?

- I had a cargo hold fully expanded. Will I loose everything, or not able to access it?

- My 3 crew skills were at max. Will they loose their skills?

- I had lots of purple gear equipped. Will I suddenly be naked?

sancher36

Novice Member

11/16/12 4:28:12 AM#16
Originally posted by maccajnr

- I had over 2 millions credits, will I loose 1.8 millions with the F2P credit cap?

- I had 5 characters. Will I loose 3 with the F2P characters slot limit, or not be able to play 3 of them?

- I had a cargo hold fully expanded. Will I loose everything, or not able to access it?

Free to play you will lose access to your credit until you either sub or pay to unlock the limit 

Po_gg

Elite Member

11/16/12 4:28:33 AM#17
Originally posted by maccajnr

I admit I didn't spent too much time on my main acc, so the others will correct / upate this, but as I know:

- credit not lost, 'only' not accessible above 350k

- can use all of them, for a while, until they find out how to limit the char slots. But cannot create new ones.

- pass on that (my guess is only not accesbile without loose anything, but hey, it's EA so I'm not sure :) )

- only 2 skills remains, but not loose it, if you buy the unlock you have it at max again

- purple remains, until you undress or try to modify it.

Edit: for sancher's post, nope, there's no limit upgrade in store. If you want to access your money, you HAVE to subscribe.

kabitoshin

Advanced Member

11/16/12 4:32:47 AM#18

That's absurd can only revive 5 times?!

maji

Spotlight Poster

11/16/12 4:38:40 AM#19

Free to play? You got to be kidding me. It's like a cinema advertising "watch this movie for free! You just have to wear these ear plugs and spend the duration of the movie sitting on the floor with your back to the screen. But it's free!"

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Siveria

Spotlight Poster

11/16/12 4:41:15 AM#20

Meh, I'll be honest game was crap before, its still going to be crap now, also those f2p restrictions.. what the hell is the point? might as well just give a 7 day free trial and then let them sub from there, because that is far from what i'd call f2p. Maybe not charge them for the game client after the trial, just a normal sub fee. Even though I always though swtor blew chunks, I was going to try it if the f2p wasn't too bad, but yeah, with that many restrictions I am not even going to waste my time. Lots of other, better f2p titles out there anyway.

Also I think more mmo's should do what eve online does, with the plex thing, you buy it for rl cash then its sellable in game as an item, you can play without spending cash out of your pocket, but someone will still have to pay the 15 bucks for you to subscribe, it just is not your 15 bucks and you can buy the plex in game off other player. Its honestly a pretty genious system.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search