Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Destiny | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,415 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,247,259
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » God, can gamers be more primitive that SWTORs?

9 posts found
  Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

OP  11/10/12 5:59:09 PM#1

I mean, not you here, I mean, in chat. Yes, MMO chat always contains trolls and idiots. But ever since I returned to SWTOR about 10 days ago, here on Harbinger Dromund Kaas and Space Station... good riddance. I can add one to my ignore list every 2 minutes, and there is virtually no trolling, name calling, insulting and harassment people do NOT practice. And F2P hasn't even begun!

I am really used a lot, but this makes Barrens Chat like an intellectual club!

Seriously, what's wrong with people today? I have seen a  lot in games, but the experience of the last few days in SWTOR easily tops it all.

[mod edit]

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

bcbully

Elite Member

11/10/12 6:05:32 PM#2
This is my dream. To one day while browsing mmorpg, see my ingame toons name in a post like this.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

grimal

Spotlight Poster

11/10/12 6:12:49 PM#3
Jung Ma (PVP RP) actually has a pretty decent community last I checked.  I will be logging in tomorrow to see if any has changed.

"I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you." - Robin Williams

User Deleted
11/10/12 6:17:35 PM#4
Is it really worse than the racist and violent rape filled diatribe I used to read flowing through trade chat on Area 51 in WOW for example? If so, I will admit shock. I have never seen another game with a community as bad as WOW trade chat can get and I have played a lot of games. There were a few jerks when I played on Harbinger back in the day but it had a lot of nice folks "then" and a small community feel. The few trolls bled away. If that's changed man, IDK what to say. Maybe its a question of what the game is doing to attract that sort as a regular?
  FromHell

Novice Member

11/10/12 6:35:30 PM#5

On their "story focused" MMO, three time I got to a flashpoint I never played because group finder never popped up, then I got immediately kicked because I wanted to see the story the first time and did not skip the cutscenes. 

Really I´ve had it with that community.

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

OP  11/10/12 7:17:53 PM#6
Originally posted by FromHell

On their "story focused" MMO, three time I got to a flashpoint I never played because group finder never popped up, then I got immediately kicked because I wanted to see the story the first time and did not skip the cutscenes. 

That's sad, but alas what I feared when I heard of the dialogue-heavy design.

You know, it really angers me, that I never ever got a GM into SWTOR. Sure, other games it takes time. But in WOW at least I had sometimes a GM to help me, and with other MMOs too. In every SOE MMO I had a GM within at least 1-2 hours, asking me about the issue, in EQ2, SWG and also DCU.

In SWTOR no GM EVER showed up no matter WHAT issue occured, and that's just very bad customer service. You want at least someone who asks you what's the matter.

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

User Deleted
11/10/12 7:22:56 PM#7
Originally posted by Elikal

You know, it really angers me, that I never ever got a GM into SWTOR. Sure, other games it takes time. But in WOW at least I had sometimes a GM to help me, and with other MMOs too. In every SOE MMO I had a GM within at least 1-2 hours, asking me about the issue, in EQ2, SWG and also DCU.

In SWTOR no GM EVER showed up no matter WHAT issue occured, and that's just very bad customer service. You want at least someone who asks you what's the matter.

really .join wow now and see the awesome wait times for GM to answer your questions .sometimes as long as 10-20 days wow eu servers . by that time you even forget what you wanted to inquire . thanks to diablo 3 ,wow customer support is slow as snail 

FromHell

Novice Member

11/10/12 7:28:33 PM#8

yes, this is really sad, only those customer service "droids" reply to tickets with mostly pre written texts.

I submitted two tickets because I never was able to get the red matrix shard from the fleet museum when I clicked on it, nothing.  Neither added to inventory nor mission items. They wrote they submitted a bug report on this matter, that is 5months ago, still not working last time I checked, no answer .

I'm not subbed anymore but will check out f2p.

I was so surprised when in another game, TSW, I once found a bugged quest I could not advance and within a minute GM materialized as Council of Venice soldier, talked to me via chat and advanced me to the next tier, ran off and vanished.

That was amazing, much better customer support.

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

OP  11/10/12 7:44:57 PM#9

yes, this is really sad, only those customer service "droids" reply to tickets with mostly pre written texts.

I submitted two tickets because I never was able to get the red matrix shard from the fleet museum when I clicked on it, nothing.  Neither added to inventory nor mission items. They wrote they submitted a bug report on this matter, that is 5months ago, still not working last time I checked, no answer .

I'm not subbed anymore but will check out f2p.

I was so surprised when in another game, TSW, I once found a bugged quest I could not advance and within a minute GM materialized as Council of Venice soldier, talked to me via chat and advanced me to the next tier, ran off and vanished.

That was amazing, much better customer support.

True, Funcom has had a fast ingame support when I needed one, both in TSW and AoC. It is SO important for me, because I feel like a customer whom a company cares about, even if they can't do anything.

But still, my best experiences are with Blizzard. So often GM's made stuff spawn, ported me or did everything possible right in the game to make something broken work, and I never waited more than 30-45 min. I recall several times they really worked ingame when I had issues. Say about WOW what you want but their GMs are top!