Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,634 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,976
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Locked out of the game? Losing your 30 box days? Read Here.....

8 posts found
  DashiDMV

Advanced Member

OP  12/26/11 4:39:45 PM#1

So for whatever reason some of you may have entered the box code but were not able to enter a CC number or time card.

Don't worry about the specifics, there are 39813298123 threads about and you know how those have been ending up.

You may have checked your account and noticed that your free days that came with the box purchase have been going down. You may have asked how it could be that you are being told you don't have an active account because you have not entered subscription information but your account is being treated as active as far as your 30 days are concerned.

If this is happening to you, what you can do is after you establish a subscription on the account, you can call or e-mail customer support and they will reset your days so that you get the box time you paid for.

Don't know how many people are affected by this maybe 1% or less, but in the event you are at least you will not lose out on those days when you are ready to play again.

AdamTM

Novice Member

I'M PUNCHING YOUR SALAD!!!!

12/26/11 4:43:30 PM#2

can you mail CS when you are not having an active account?

alakram

Hard Core Member

12/26/11 4:46:53 PM#3
Originally posted by AdamTM

You mail them AFTER you enter a valid CC or time card.

-=AlaKraM=-
Don't fight against poverty, fight against greed.
My Lord of the Rings Gallery

AdamTM

Novice Member

12/26/11 4:48:44 PM#4
Originally posted by alakram
Originally posted by AdamTM

You mail them AFTER you enter a valid CC or time card.

Yes but according to the OP thats the problem, you can't.

So I'm taking that as a No then

superniceguy

Elite Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

12/26/11 4:57:07 PM#5

If they can restore the 30 days then that deals with the valid complaint I was having with this

The public email address for their CS is support@swtor.com

When I emailed them all I got was a bog standard automated response:

Greetings

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your account issue. This issue can be caused by out-dated or incomplete account information. In order to make sure that your Account is up to date we would like you to follow these steps:

If you do not have a Star Wars: The Old Republic account please complete steps 1 and 2, if you already have an account, please skip to step 3.

1. Create an account on https://account.swtor.com/user/register
2. Fill out all the requested contact information
3. Set up your 5 security questions to protect your account (https://account.swtor.com/user/security-questions)
4. Redeem an official Game Product Registration Code here: https://account.swtor.com/user/codes. Please note: This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code connected to the Official Game.)
5. Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code.

For detailed information on completing these steps, please see our Help Center article here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/3498

Please note that we do require a valid payment method to be attached to each account, even though you should not be billed (beyond a small authorization fee that will be refunded) until your 30 days free game time has elapsed.

We ask for a payment method to be attached as further proof of identity and to discourage fraudulent account creation. Adding payment information now also ensures that there will be no interruption of your gameplay when the thirty days granted with your purchase expire.

We apologize for any misunderstanding or inconvenience caused, and we look forward to seeing you in-game.

Galactic Support is our speciality…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

DashiDMV

Advanced Member

OP  12/26/11 4:58:31 PM#6

Yeah not having an account locks you out of a lot of things the forums being the most obvious.

If you cannot send an e-mail through the site, you can send a normal e-mail to support@swtor.com.

Expect about a 1-3 day wait time.

Also you can call 1-855-GO-SWTOR

The wait times are way less than they were last week but sometimes the English of the reps is a little but hard to understand and you may have to repeat your issue a couple times.  If they keep giving you the same off the script answers and it is not helping, ask to be transferred to a supervisior and you are likly to have your issue solved.

This is going off my dealings with them and is nothing official, hopefully the wait times will be even less and the experiences smoother.

AdamTM

Novice Member

12/26/11 5:01:03 PM#7

Hm, not a very good move to lock people out from the CS if they don't have an active account really.

At least the support forum could be enabled or somesuch...

pookir

Advanced Member

11/10/12 6:04:11 PM#8
Originally posted by superniceguy

If they can restore the 30 days then that deals with the valid complaint I was having with this

The public email address for their CS is support@swtor.com

When I emailed them all I got was a bog standard automated response:

Greetings

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg relations.

Many thanks dude!