Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,886 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,939
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » Questions & Answers » Does the jedi consular Shadow ever get skills to heal himself in combat?

9 posts found
  Aaron321

Novice Member

OP  11/10/12 11:29:53 AM#1

I've noticed that most of the enimies you come across you can defeat without using up all your hit points and some of the stronger ones you come damn near dying.  However there are some enimies who defeat me and I have to keep respawning and coming back and attacking again.  This can't be the way the game is intended to be played...  And the medpacks have such a long interval between when you can use them. 

I'm currently level 11.  Will I ever get a skill that heals me in combat?

maccajnr

Apprentice Member

11/13/12 9:01:28 AM#2

I can't comment on Jedi Shadow, it's one of the class I haven't tried.

But the companion plays an important role in combat. As you level up, you'll get different style of companion. I think Shadow gets a healing doctor companion, same as all other classes. This helps a lot.

blutm8

Advanced Member

11/13/12 9:12:37 AM#3
Originally posted by Aaron321

I've noticed that most of the enimies you come across you can defeat without using up all your hit points and some of the stronger ones you come damn near dying.  However there are some enimies who defeat me and I have to keep respawning and coming back and attacking again.  This can't be the way the game is intended to be played...  And the medpacks have such a long interval between when you can use them. 

I'm currently level 11.  Will I ever get a skill that heals me in combat?

if you cant kill the beast get a group.... THATS the way it mean to be played!

btw.. if you want to have a heal skill, roll a healer (the other consular class) or just wait you get your healing companion

sirphobos

Advanced Member

11/13/12 9:15:11 AM#4
If you spec into the tank tree you get a lot of self heals.  Also you will get a healer companion around level 25 or so.
  blutm8

Advanced Member

11/13/12 9:17:19 AM#5
Originally posted by sirphobos
If you spec into the tank tree you get a lot of self heals.  Also you will get a healer companion around level 25 or so.

that, sir, isn't correct. your blade stance has a chance to heal you for a little amount (not really usefull for healing, more to hold agro)

nolic1

Advanced Member

11/13/12 9:17:48 AM#6
The Jedi Shadow is a tank / dps class but its more of a DPS class then anything. You can go to your trainer and see what skills you learn in total through all lvls by a drop down menu. But as far as I know the Jedi Sage is the healer of the consular class but they do not do as much dmg as most of the other classes.

To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.

gaou

Keeper of the Archives

11/13/12 9:18:50 AM#7

as far as i can tell, shadows do not get the an in-combat heal. if playing solo, then like another poster said, you will need the healing companion

http://www.torhead.com/abilities/class/6/level/1-50

edit: combat techinque which you can get at 14 can do a tiny bit of healing

sirphobos

Advanced Member

11/13/12 9:20:49 AM#8
Originally posted by blutm8

that, sir, isn't correct. your blade stance has a chance to heal you for a little amount (not really usefull for healing, more to hold agro)

No, I'm correct.  In addition to your stance, you also get Telekinetic Throw which heals for a substantial amount as well as Battle Readiness.

gaou

Keeper of the Archives

11/13/12 9:27:32 AM#9
Originally posted by blutm8

No, I'm correct.  In addition to your stance, you also get Telekinetic Throw which heals for a substantial amount as well as Battle Readiness.

im guessing something in the skill tree adds healing to battle readiness? beacuse from the tool tip i am reading, it doesnt have a heal itself but boosts healing power

Battle Readiness
Instant
Cooldown: 2 minutes
Readies yourself with the Force, increasing the damage and healing dealt by all Techniques by 100% for 1 seconds.

http://db.darthhater.com/abilities/1134/battle_readiness/