Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Neverwinter | World of Warcraft

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,817,987 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,216,218
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
56 posts found
  Bynt

Novice Member

Joined: 9/15/12
Posts: 35

10/11/12 7:32:44 PM#21

I missed this news, Thanks for sharing the 1.5 update!  This game is awesome and keeps getting better all the time! 

On my server, Prophecy of the Five, we had 6 instances of fleet on tuesday night, and I got into 12 pvp fights in an hour on Hoth while questing, loving the action lately!

  User Deleted
10/11/12 7:36:26 PM#22
Originally posted by tiefighter25

I'm happy for SWTOR's subscriber base that Bioware is finally begining to release new content.

The fact that they have either been sitting or tinkering with the content since February is unsettling.

[mod edit]

Pretty much this.  I mean WoW releases a content patch on the average of 1 per every 9 months and if a struggling game like SWTOR cant even beat them, then its time to turn off the servers IMO.

  Karteli

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/09/12
Posts: 2704

10/11/12 7:42:10 PM#23
Originally posted by Bynt

I missed this news, Thanks for sharing the 1.5 update!  This game is awesome and keeps getting better all the time! 

On my server, Prophecy of the Five, we had 6 instances of fleet on tuesday night, and I got into 12 pvp fights in an hour on Hoth while questing, loving the action lately!

I have never seen more than 2, or heard about more than 3 .. lol .. take a screenshot next time :-) .. 1500 people ... 6 instances, lol?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

  Sevenstar61

Elite Member

Joined: 7/22/12
Posts: 1559

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

10/11/12 7:46:25 PM#24
Originally posted by gaou
Originally posted by Jonoku
that was fast, it is an improvement of making content asap but its not what I've been asking for a thousand times. out of curiosity wonder when makeb will come out, 1.6?

doubt makeb will be in 1.6. it will likely be the new warzone:

 

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/21321-gamescom-2012-interview-with-gabe-amatangelo

He said it in an interview that there will be new content every six weeks is that something you think the team can stick to?

Yeah, we’ve got a lot of stuff in the pipeline, and you know, at least, you can’t sit here and say a year from now, everything that’s lined up, but I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that definitely for the next foreseeable future, we’ve got a lot of stuff to release on a regular pattern. Six weeks in fact. So we’ll see the Terror from Beyond, and then shortly after, probably HK-51, or something in the Belsavis area, and then the new warzone, something along those lines.

 

since they seemed to have both hk and the belsavis stuff in this upcoming patch, the war zone would likely be next

 

i dont think we will see makeb this year. following 1.4, it was stated they they were planning on 3 more patches by the end of the year, so that would  get us to 1.7(assuming they can keep the schedule). my guess for 1.7 would be a new flashpoint that has been briefly hinted at(assuming 1.6 is the warzone)

 

http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-game-update-1.4-terror-beyond

This year has been exciting so far with three Game Updates. But before the end of the year, it’s our intention to have released another three Game Updates, starting with Terror From Beyond. This is in addition to moving to Free to Play. But I can say in all honesty, that our plans for 2013 are even bigger. Our team’s experience, improving tools and better production processes are allowing us to move faster in development than we ever have before. More exciting news to come!

Most likely new Warzone will be next and then or at the same time F2P. I sort of think that F2p will be released before Xmas. They were talking about remaking Ilum in January... but dunno. Makeb might come first.

Oh forgot about these space missions that were also leaked. It might be after Pvp warzone I guess.

NEW SPACE MISSIONS
http://www.torhead.com/missions/catg/9

Ardis Outpost Fortification
Baros Ambush
Cha Raaba Assault
Duma Strike
Far Cradle Strike
Hypori Escort
Kabal Station Defense
Kanz Minefield
Lorta Escort
New Cov Asteroid Field
Operation Ardis Outpost Fortification
Operation Baros Ambush
Operation Cha Raaba Assault
Operation Clean Sweep
Operation Duma Strike
Operation Far Cradle Strike
Operation Foe-Smasher
Operation Hypori Escort
Operation Kabal Station Defense
Operation Kanz Minefield
Operation Lorta Escort
Operation New Cov Asteroid Field
Operation Regnant Station Assault
Regnant Station Assault
Space Combat: Ardis Outpost Fortification
Space Combat: Baros Ambush
Space Combat: Cha Raaba Assault
Space Combat: Duma Strike
Space Combat: Far Cradle Strike
Space Combat: Hypori Escort
Space Combat: Kabal Station Defense
Space Combat: Kanz Minefield
Space Combat: Lorta Escort
Space Combat: New Cov Asteroid Field"
Space Combat: Regnant Station Assault
Space Combat: Thanium Disruption
Thanium Disruption

NEW VANITY PETS

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/4/subcatg/8/page/1

Arctic Manka Lynx
Black Womp Weasel
Bloodhusk Lylek
Blue-Speckled Gizka
Brown Womp Weasel
Desert Nekarr Cat
Ebon-wing Flutterplume
Fire-bellied Vrblet
Flamehair Kowakian Monkey-lizard
Forest Lizardbat
Forest Nekarr Cat
Gilded Flutterplume
Golden Lizardbat
Golden-skinned Vrblet
Green-backed Vrblet
Green-Spotted Gizka
Ivory Mouse Horranth
Jungle Manka Lynx
Low Atmosphere Miniprobe
Lunar Wriggler
Lurker Blurrg
Micro-Aggressor Droid
Micro-Defender Droid
Micro-Patroller Droid
Mossy Mouse Horranth
Mottled Blurrg
Mountain Lizardbat
Paradise Flutterplume
Red-Backed Gizka
Ruddyscale Kowakian Monkey-lizard
Sablefur Kowakian Monkey-lizard
Savanna Manka Lynx
Shadow Nekarr Cat
Slate Mouse Horranth
Slateshard Lylek
Speckled Blurrg
Stellar Wriggler
Sub-Zero Miniprobe
Toxic Environment Miniprobe
Tundra Nekarr Cat
Venomcrest Lylek
White Womp Weasel

NEW MOUNTS
http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/4/subcatg/0

Ambassador's Meditation Hoverchair
Avalanche Heavy Tank
Desler Explorer
Desler Nomad
Diplomat's Meditation Hoverchair
Dominator's Command Throne
Overlord's Command Throne
Praxon Aether
Praxon Firaxa
Praxon Trackmaster
Shadow Hand's Command Throne
Tirsa Champion
Watchman's Meditation Hoverchair

 

I really want to see how this Avalanche Heavy Tank will look. LOL

 


Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  smh_alot

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/10/12
Posts: 990

10/11/12 7:52:00 PM#25
Originally posted by Zylaxx
Originally posted by tiefighter25

I'm happy for SWTOR's subscriber base that Bioware is finally begining to release new content.

The fact that they have either been sitting or tinkering with the content since February is unsettling.

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leak-1.3 Leaked Feb. 3rd 2012

Pretty much this. I mean WoW releases a content patch on the average of 1 per every 9 months and if a struggling game like SWTOR cant even beat them, then its time to turn off the servers IMO.

? Lol. Besides it meaning that in your eyes the majority of MMO's can easily be turned off (there are enough that can't equal WoW in content updates, even if they're doing it laid back), iirc BW has released other content updates over the past 9 months as well. It isn't on the level of a WoW, but not nearly as struggling as some here hope/wish for it to be.
  aRtFuLThinG

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/30/09
Posts: 1008

10/11/12 8:04:02 PM#26
Originally posted by smh_alot
Originally posted by Phry

It would probably have sounded better if it came from something people had actually heard of, or had some kind of legitimacy with the online gaming scene even.  i mean, game designers choice ?? seriously.. 

 

? Lol. The annual GDC's are pretty well known and regarded as pretty solid events, kinda weird to state them having little legitimacy or being meaningless.

 

To be fair though, the list of competitors weren't that impressive, seeing how also non-MMO online games were included. So, it's not that strange that SWTOR won in various departments.

Probably also might be because the cut-off deadline for 2012's award was before the release of TSW and GW2.

I think it if was after that, swtor would probably got blown out of the water in a few of the categories.

  Karteli

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/09/12
Posts: 2704

10/11/12 8:05:48 PM#27
Originally posted by Sevenstar61
Originally posted by gaou
Originally posted by Jonoku
that was fast, it is an improvement of making content asap but its not what I've been asking for a thousand times. out of curiosity wonder when makeb will come out, 1.6?

doubt makeb will be in 1.6. it will likely be the new warzone:

 

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/21321-gamescom-2012-interview-with-gabe-amatangelo

He said it in an interview that there will be new content every six weeks is that something you think the team can stick to?

Yeah, we’ve got a lot of stuff in the pipeline, and you know, at least, you can’t sit here and say a year from now, everything that’s lined up, but I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that definitely for the next foreseeable future, we’ve got a lot of stuff to release on a regular pattern. Six weeks in fact. So we’ll see the Terror from Beyond, and then shortly after, probably HK-51, or something in the Belsavis area, and then the new warzone, something along those lines.

 

since they seemed to have both hk and the belsavis stuff in this upcoming patch, the war zone would likely be next

 

i dont think we will see makeb this year. following 1.4, it was stated they they were planning on 3 more patches by the end of the year, so that would  get us to 1.7(assuming they can keep the schedule). my guess for 1.7 would be a new flashpoint that has been briefly hinted at(assuming 1.6 is the warzone)

 

http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-game-update-1.4-terror-beyond

This year has been exciting so far with three Game Updates. But before the end of the year, it’s our intention to have released another three Game Updates, starting with Terror From Beyond. This is in addition to moving to Free to Play. But I can say in all honesty, that our plans for 2013 are even bigger. Our team’s experience, improving tools and better production processes are allowing us to move faster in development than we ever have before. More exciting news to come!

Most likely new Warzone will be next and then or at the same time F2P. I sort of think that F2p will be released before Xmas. They were talking about remaking Ilum in January... but dunno. Makeb might come first.

Oh forgot about these space missions that were also leaked. It might be after Pvp warzone I guess.

NEW SPACE MISSIONS
http://www.torhead.com/missions/catg/9

Ardis Outpost Fortification
Baros Ambush
Cha Raaba Assault
Duma Strike
Far Cradle Strike
Hypori Escort
Kabal Station Defense
Kanz Minefield
Lorta Escort
New Cov Asteroid Field
Operation Ardis Outpost Fortification
Operation Baros Ambush
Operation Cha Raaba Assault
Operation Clean Sweep
Operation Duma Strike
Operation Far Cradle Strike
Operation Foe-Smasher
Operation Hypori Escort
Operation Kabal Station Defense
Operation Kanz Minefield
Operation Lorta Escort
Operation New Cov Asteroid Field
Operation Regnant Station Assault
Regnant Station Assault
Space Combat: Ardis Outpost Fortification
Space Combat: Baros Ambush
Space Combat: Cha Raaba Assault
Space Combat: Duma Strike
Space Combat: Far Cradle Strike
Space Combat: Hypori Escort
Space Combat: Kabal Station Defense
Space Combat: Kanz Minefield
Space Combat: Lorta Escort
Space Combat: New Cov Asteroid Field"
Space Combat: Regnant Station Assault
Space Combat: Thanium Disruption
Thanium Disruption

NEW VANITY PETS

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/4/subcatg/8/page/1

Arctic Manka Lynx
Black Womp Weasel
Bloodhusk Lylek
Blue-Speckled Gizka
Brown Womp Weasel
Desert Nekarr Cat
Ebon-wing Flutterplume
Fire-bellied Vrblet
Flamehair Kowakian Monkey-lizard
Forest Lizardbat
Forest Nekarr Cat
Gilded Flutterplume
Golden Lizardbat
Golden-skinned Vrblet
Green-backed Vrblet
Green-Spotted Gizka
Ivory Mouse Horranth
Jungle Manka Lynx
Low Atmosphere Miniprobe
Lunar Wriggler
Lurker Blurrg
Micro-Aggressor Droid
Micro-Defender Droid
Micro-Patroller Droid
Mossy Mouse Horranth
Mottled Blurrg
Mountain Lizardbat
Paradise Flutterplume
Red-Backed Gizka
Ruddyscale Kowakian Monkey-lizard
Sablefur Kowakian Monkey-lizard
Savanna Manka Lynx
Shadow Nekarr Cat
Slate Mouse Horranth
Slateshard Lylek
Speckled Blurrg
Stellar Wriggler
Sub-Zero Miniprobe
Toxic Environment Miniprobe
Tundra Nekarr Cat
Venomcrest Lylek
White Womp Weasel

NEW MOUNTS
http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/4/subcatg/0

Ambassador's Meditation Hoverchair
Avalanche Heavy Tank
Desler Explorer
Desler Nomad
Diplomat's Meditation Hoverchair
Dominator's Command Throne
Overlord's Command Throne
Praxon Aether
Praxon Firaxa
Praxon Trackmaster
Shadow Hand's Command Throne
Tirsa Champion
Watchman's Meditation Hoverchair

 

I really want to see how this Avalanche Heavy Tank will look. LOL

 

Bizarre.  Did EA put this stuff in just to give hope to players?  I mean that many operations, as listed, is a 5-10 year plan....

 

Nothing was ever talked about, but I sure wish they would go in a different direction and put in stuff that just screams Star Wars or KotOR.  More instanced encounters is not what is wanted (at least not by me).  More story, minigames, social games, 3D space, and stuff that breaks the mold is needed.  Operations, more quests, more instances, more solo instanced space combat, and more instanced PVP  just says more of the same (boo).

 

But thanks for the link, it is interesting.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

  RefMinor

Novice Member

Joined: 7/16/11
Posts: 3542

Hipster

10/11/12 8:08:04 PM#28
Originally posted by Sevenstar61
Originally posted by Phry
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Pretty excited that they push updates as promised:)

 

Just found it today .

SWTOR dominates Game Developers Choice Online Awards

 

And the winners are.....

Winners List:

Best Social Game - Draw Something
Best Online Game Design - Star Wars: The Old Republic, Bioware Austin
Best Community Relations - League of Legends
Best Audio for an Online Game - Diablo III, Blizzard
Best Online Visual Arts: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin
Online Innovation Award: Journey, thatgamecompany
Audience Award: League of Legends, Riot
Best Online Technology Award: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin
Best Live Game Award: League of Legends, Riot
Best New Online Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin

With four wins, Star Wars: The Old Republic dominated the awards ceremony tonight, with League of Legends having three wins. Congratulations to all the winners, and all the nominees for being recognized for their hard work. It's not always easy trying to entertain the world, but these companies are obviously doing something right.

http://www.examiner.com/article/swtor-dominates-game-developers-choice-online-awards

http://gdconlineawards.com/

It would probably have sounded better if it came from something people had actually heard of, or had some kind of legitimacy with the online gaming scene even.  i mean, game designers choice ?? seriously.. 

It happened that developers were chosing awards :) I just mentioned it because I found it today. I guess developers appreciate what BioWare created, and I read this that way.  

 

Edit: So developers who create games do not have any legitimacy with the online gaming?

If the "best new" and "best design" winner is a game that went from the IP selling 2.4m boxes to the game losing 90% of the players and going Free to Play in less than year, then you really have to question the judges competence, they obviously feel the best game is one the consumers trampled each other to death to get out of.

  tiefighter25

Novice Member

Joined: 7/30/12
Posts: 949

10/11/12 8:17:34 PM#29
Originally posted by smh_alot
Originally posted by Zylaxx
Originally posted by tiefighter25

I'm happy for SWTOR's subscriber base that Bioware is finally begining to release new content.

The fact that they have either been sitting or tinkering with the content since February is unsettling.

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leak-1.3 Leaked Feb. 3rd 2012

Pretty much this. I mean WoW releases a content patch on the average of 1 per every 9 months and if a struggling game like SWTOR cant even beat them, then its time to turn off the servers IMO.

 

? Lol. Besides it meaning that in your eyes the majority of MMO's can easily be turned off (there are enough that can't equal WoW in content updates, even if they're doing it laid back), iirc BW has released other content updates over the past 9 months as well. It isn't on the level of a WoW, but not nearly as struggling as some here hope/wish for it to be.

What I was alluding to was that there was only one content patch before EA decided to switch to FTP (iirc patch 1.1 and 1.3 were not content patches) in the spring. (Announced ~August 1st). Prior to the descion to switch to FTP, Bioware has planned on combating lowered subscription rates by aggresively pumping out new content. (When they anounced they would be realeasing major content updates at a monthly rate.) The leaks for the content Bioware was working on, and are now just begining to find their way live, came out in early February of this year. What's more, the content that was previously slated to release in meaty patches that consisted of an operation, a flashpoint, and a warzone, etc.; are now being broken up into much smaller 6 week pieces. An operation in one patch, a companion in another patch, a warzaone in another patch, etc. As someone just posted, a lot of what they've been working on lately is vanity pets and speciality mounts. Guess where they will end up.

I'm pointing out that this content (1.4, 1.5) has been worked on to near completion in the spring (the HK questline was in the beta) , and either EA has been sitting on and stockpiling  the content to coincide with the FTP launch, or EA's deep cuts to the development staff as prevented Bioware from being able to release the mostly finished content to the live servers.

Either way, it doesn't seem very fair to their subscribers. In essence, SWTOR's sub base has been funding a conversion to FTP. I guess you could say it's one of the darker aspects of a game that converts to freemium post launch, especially a game with a much reduced staff.

  SuperXero89

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/16/09
Posts: 2609

10/11/12 8:20:10 PM#30
Originally posted by Karteli

 

Nobody is asking for SWTOR to fail,

 

Oh yes they are.  TES Online is kinda getting the same treatment right now as well.

  tiefighter25

Novice Member

Joined: 7/30/12
Posts: 949

10/11/12 8:24:00 PM#31
Originally posted by Sevenstar61
Originally posted by Phry
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Pretty excited that they push updates as promised:)

 

Just found it today .

SWTOR dominates Game Developers Choice Online Awards

 

And the winners are.....

Winners List:

Best Social Game - Draw Something
Best Online Game Design - Star Wars: The Old Republic, Bioware Austin
Best Community Relations - League of Legends
Best Audio for an Online Game - Diablo III, Blizzard
Best Online Visual Arts: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin
Online Innovation Award: Journey, thatgamecompany
Audience Award: League of Legends, Riot
Best Online Technology Award: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin
Best Live Game Award: League of Legends, Riot
Best New Online Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin

With four wins, Star Wars: The Old Republic dominated the awards ceremony tonight, with League of Legends having three wins. Congratulations to all the winners, and all the nominees for being recognized for their hard work. It's not always easy trying to entertain the world, but these companies are obviously doing something right.

http://www.examiner.com/article/swtor-dominates-game-developers-choice-online-awards

http://gdconlineawards.com/

It would probably have sounded better if it came from something people had actually heard of, or had some kind of legitimacy with the online gaming scene even.  i mean, game designers choice ?? seriously.. 

It happened that developers were chosing awards :) I just mentioned it because I found it today. I guess developers appreciate what BioWare created, and I read this that way.  

 

Edit: So developers who create games do not have any legitimacy with the online gaming?

Since people were wondering, the people who decide who wins the awards are as committee of the following individuals:

http://gdconlineawards.com/advisory/index.html

16 game developers, 3 of which who work for EA including Richard Vogel and Eugene Evans of Bioware.

And no, they can't recuse themsleves.

Then again, I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee!

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

  Karteli

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/09/12
Posts: 2704

10/11/12 8:39:53 PM#32
Originally posted by tiefighter25
Originally posted by Sevenstar61
Originally posted by Phry
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Pretty excited that they push updates as promised:)

 

Just found it today .

SWTOR dominates Game Developers Choice Online Awards

 

And the winners are.....

Winners List:

Best Social Game - Draw Something
Best Online Game Design - Star Wars: The Old Republic, Bioware Austin
Best Community Relations - League of Legends
Best Audio for an Online Game - Diablo III, Blizzard
Best Online Visual Arts: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin
Online Innovation Award: Journey, thatgamecompany
Audience Award: League of Legends, Riot
Best Online Technology Award: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin
Best Live Game Award: League of Legends, Riot
Best New Online Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin

With four wins, Star Wars: The Old Republic dominated the awards ceremony tonight, with League of Legends having three wins. Congratulations to all the winners, and all the nominees for being recognized for their hard work. It's not always easy trying to entertain the world, but these companies are obviously doing something right.

http://www.examiner.com/article/swtor-dominates-game-developers-choice-online-awards

http://gdconlineawards.com/

It would probably have sounded better if it came from something people had actually heard of, or had some kind of legitimacy with the online gaming scene even.  i mean, game designers choice ?? seriously.. 

It happened that developers were chosing awards :) I just mentioned it because I found it today. I guess developers appreciate what BioWare created, and I read this that way.  

 

Edit: So developers who create games do not have any legitimacy with the online gaming?

Since people were wondering, the people who decide who wins the awards are as committee of the following individuals:

http://gdconlineawards.com/advisory/index.html

16 game developers, 3 of which who work for EA including Richard Vogel and Eugene Evans of Bioware.

And no, they can't recuse themsleves.

Then again, I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee!

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

Rich Vogel is dusting off his resume, so I imagine an award like this would only benefit him..

 

The other EA dev's would also vote for themselves, as it would benefit their careers.  What an insult to gamers.  Gaming journalists should be ashamed :/

 

Gordon Walton is also in the list.  He is the one responsible for blessing everyone with the alpha version of the Hero Engine, which he said EA engineers could finish themselves.  Wow, what a corrupt panel of judges :P

 

Heres a graphical representation of all on the board:

http://www.gdconline.com/aboutgdc/advisoryboard.html

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

  gaou

Keeper of the Archives

Joined: 12/04/09
Posts: 2002

 
OP  10/11/12 8:41:30 PM#33
Originally posted by Karteli
Originally posted by Sevenstar61
Originally posted by gaou
Originally posted by Jonoku
that was fast, it is an improvement of making content asap but its not what I've been asking for a thousand times. out of curiosity wonder when makeb will come out, 1.6?

doubt makeb will be in 1.6. it will likely be the new warzone:

 

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/21321-gamescom-2012-interview-with-gabe-amatangelo

He said it in an interview that there will be new content every six weeks is that something you think the team can stick to?

Yeah, we’ve got a lot of stuff in the pipeline, and you know, at least, you can’t sit here and say a year from now, everything that’s lined up, but I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that definitely for the next foreseeable future, we’ve got a lot of stuff to release on a regular pattern. Six weeks in fact. So we’ll see the Terror from Beyond, and then shortly after, probably HK-51, or something in the Belsavis area, and then the new warzone, something along those lines.

 

since they seemed to have both hk and the belsavis stuff in this upcoming patch, the war zone would likely be next

 

i dont think we will see makeb this year. following 1.4, it was stated they they were planning on 3 more patches by the end of the year, so that would  get us to 1.7(assuming they can keep the schedule). my guess for 1.7 would be a new flashpoint that has been briefly hinted at(assuming 1.6 is the warzone)

 

http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-game-update-1.4-terror-beyond

This year has been exciting so far with three Game Updates. But before the end of the year, it’s our intention to have released another three Game Updates, starting with Terror From Beyond. This is in addition to moving to Free to Play. But I can say in all honesty, that our plans for 2013 are even bigger. Our team’s experience, improving tools and better production processes are allowing us to move faster in development than we ever have before. More exciting news to come!

Most likely new Warzone will be next and then or at the same time F2P. I sort of think that F2p will be released before Xmas. They were talking about remaking Ilum in January... but dunno. Makeb might come first.

Oh forgot about these space missions that were also leaked. It might be after Pvp warzone I guess.

NEW SPACE MISSIONS
http://www.torhead.com/missions/catg/9

Ardis Outpost Fortification
Baros Ambush
Cha Raaba Assault
Duma Strike
Far Cradle Strike
Hypori Escort
Kabal Station Defense
Kanz Minefield
Lorta Escort
New Cov Asteroid Field
Operation Ardis Outpost Fortification
Operation Baros Ambush
Operation Cha Raaba Assault
Operation Clean Sweep
Operation Duma Strike
Operation Far Cradle Strike
Operation Foe-Smasher
Operation Hypori Escort
Operation Kabal Station Defense
Operation Kanz Minefield
Operation Lorta Escort
Operation New Cov Asteroid Field
Operation Regnant Station Assault
Regnant Station Assault
Space Combat: Ardis Outpost Fortification
Space Combat: Baros Ambush
Space Combat: Cha Raaba Assault
Space Combat: Duma Strike
Space Combat: Far Cradle Strike
Space Combat: Hypori Escort
Space Combat: Kabal Station Defense
Space Combat: Kanz Minefield
Space Combat: Lorta Escort
Space Combat: New Cov Asteroid Field"
Space Combat: Regnant Station Assault
Space Combat: Thanium Disruption
Thanium Disruption

 

 

I really want to see how this Avalanche Heavy Tank will look. LOL

 

Bizarre.  Did EA put this stuff in just to give hope to players?  I mean that many operations, as listed, is a 5-10 year plan....

 

Nothing was ever talked about, but I sure wish they would go in a different direction and put in stuff that just screams Star Wars or KotOR.  More instanced encounters is not what is wanted (at least not by me).  More story, minigames, social games, 3D space, and stuff that breaks the mold is needed.  Operations, more quests, more instances, more solo instanced space combat, and more instanced PVP  just says more of the same (boo).

 

But thanks for the link, it is interesting.

those arent operations as in raids.  those are space mission quests that are repeatable weekly

 

as for ilum, i don think it it is so much them remaking it as them having a plan for an event that is going to happen there

 

Next one, very recent, yesterday The Grand Acquisition Race came online. Anything you can tell about world events? Are they coming more often or, just every few months, every year?

Our long-term plan is to get the world events to be really frequent, and we’re going to continue to add them to the game. In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet. We’re targeting that for, January is when we’d like to see it, but we’ll see when it happens, you can’t hold me to that! I know how everyone does, and then I’m going to have the Executive Producer on me saying “you said a date!” and it’s like “no, no” but that is our target, because that’s when we’d like to have it because of the spirit of, and just sort of laughing at what happened.

  Senden

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/16/05
Posts: 588

10/12/12 8:31:03 AM#34

1.6: A Brand New World

 

Instead of spending our time wasting resources in creating brand new shallow content nobody asked for, we finally decide after a good few years of the suggestion to focus on creating a more immersive world. No longer will you see NPCs standing around doing nothing but filling an empty space.

 

-  NPCS now offer a broad range of different conversations, movement routes and ultimately come to life

-  Soldier patrols in various different zones including random enagements between republic and imp forces

- Active random real world events taking place everywhere that people can participate in

-  random class specific dailies that can be located on every world  that lets smugglers smuggle, bhs hunt etc

- All new pvp zones similar to illum that can be found on various different worlds that offer objective based pvp

 

There, announce that EA/BW and you might actually have created new content worthy of people to give this game another look. Keep failing at the WoW clone rubbish though.

s3nd3n Xfire Miniprofile
  halflife25

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/13/12
Posts: 787

10/12/12 8:35:13 AM#35
Originally posted by Karteli

More missions, and instanced stuff.  HK51 didn't excite me even back to it's original announcement.  MMkay then, another patch of stuff that nobody was asking for in the many threads of how to improve SWTOR :/

 

The people still playing would enjoy this, but population isn't high enough to continue to support this game, and the stuff that would bring players back is always somehow missing from patch notes ... Boo EA.

i am glad that entire SWTOR community chose you to speak on their behalf. You must feel really important.

  Senden

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/16/05
Posts: 588

10/12/12 8:39:23 AM#36
Originally posted by halflife25
Originally posted by Karteli

More missions, and instanced stuff.  HK51 didn't excite me even back to it's original announcement.  MMkay then, another patch of stuff that nobody was asking for in the many threads of how to improve SWTOR :/

 

The people still playing would enjoy this, but population isn't high enough to continue to support this game, and the stuff that would bring players back is always somehow missing from patch notes ... Boo EA.

i am glad that entire SWTOR community chose you to speak on their behalf. You must feel really important.

And what percentage of that "community" make up the total number of people who bought the game?   Karteli is merely pointing out that once again, EA have failed to grasp and put resources into bringing in features that might entice old players back.

s3nd3n Xfire Miniprofile
  halflife25

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/13/12
Posts: 787

10/12/12 8:42:52 AM#37
Originally posted by Senden
Originally posted by halflife25
Originally posted by Karteli

More missions, and instanced stuff.  HK51 didn't excite me even back to it's original announcement.  MMkay then, another patch of stuff that nobody was asking for in the many threads of how to improve SWTOR :/

 

The people still playing would enjoy this, but population isn't high enough to continue to support this game, and the stuff that would bring players back is always somehow missing from patch notes ... Boo EA.

i am glad that entire SWTOR community chose you to speak on their behalf. You must feel really important.

And what percentage of that "community" make up the total number of people who bought the game?   Karteli is merely pointing out that once again, EA have failed to grasp and put resources into bringing in features that might entice old players back.

it is lways better to talk about your own experinces or expectations instead of trying to speak on behalf of others by using words like 'many' or 'no body'. it is a very old trick to give more weight to your opinion.

But if that is how you want to play it.  

This is another patch of stuff that 'everybody' was asking for in the many threads on how to improve the SWTOR. 

Now i hope you support what i said too.

*grins*

 

  JobeArthur

Novice Member

Joined: 11/29/11
Posts: 39

10/12/12 10:41:25 AM#38
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Pretty excited that they push updates as promised:)

 

Just found it today .

SWTOR dominates Game Developers Choice Online Awards

 

And the winners are.....

Winners List:

Best Social Game - Draw Something
Best Online Game Design - Star Wars: The Old Republic, Bioware Austin
Best Community Relations - League of Legends
Best Audio for an Online Game - Diablo III, Blizzard
Best Online Visual Arts: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin
Online Innovation Award: Journey, thatgamecompany
Audience Award: League of Legends, Riot
Best Online Technology Award: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin
Best Live Game Award: League of Legends, Riot
Best New Online Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin

With four wins, Star Wars: The Old Republic dominated the awards ceremony tonight, with League of Legends having three wins. Congratulations to all the winners, and all the nominees for being recognized for their hard work. It's not always easy trying to entertain the world, but these companies are obviously doing something right.

http://www.examiner.com/article/swtor-dominates-game-developers-choice-online-awards

http://gdconlineawards.com/

Ill Just leave this here..

 

Warhammer Online has received the following awards:[39]
[edit]
2008
IGN PC: Best of E3 2008-Best MMO
IGN PC: 2008 Best Persistent World Game
IGN PC: 2008 Reader's Choice
Game Focus – Best MMO Game/ Expansion
GameSpy: Best of E3 2008
GameSpy: Best Use of License
GameSpy: Top 10 PC Games – Ranked #2
GameStooge – Best Massively Multiplayer Roleplaying Game
G4TV: Best of E3 – PC
Massively – Favorite New MMO of 2008
MMORPG.com – Reader's Choice Awards – Best New Game of 2008
MMORPG.com – Reader's Choice Awards – Most Innovative Feature
MSNBC – Best PC games of 2008
Voodoo Extreme: E3 2008 – Best MMO
Warcry's Editor's Choice: Most Anticipated of 2008
X-Play: Best MMO
[edit]
2007
Ten Ton Hammer: Best Fantasy MMOG
Ten Ton Hammer: Best of Show
Beckett Massive Online Game Reader's Choice Award: Most Anticipated MMO
Warcry's Editor's Choice: 2007's Most Anticipated
MMORPG.com Readers Choice: Most Anticipated
[edit]
E3 2006
MMORPG.com: Best Use Of A License
Game Amp: Best of Show
Game Amp: Best Loot
Game Daily Nod Award
Voodoo Extreme: Best Massively Multiplayer Game
GameSpot Editor's Choice: Best Stage Demo
Ten Ton Hammer Editor's Choice Award

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Online:_Age_of_Reckoning

 

 

Its all nice that they won those awards and such but really it just doesn't matter.

As for 1.5 being on the PTS, thats cool and everything and hope they can pull it off but they haven't even fixed a lot bugs from 1.4 yet. This could yet be another Bioware disaster in the making, bugs from 1.4 and soon 1.5 and the FTP conversion. I hope for the sake logic that 1.5 is on the PTS for extensive testing only, but giving Biowares track record i would be pretty nervous if i was a current player who is planning on staying after ftp.

 

  Draron

Novice Member

Joined: 5/07/11
Posts: 1009

10/12/12 5:46:31 PM#39
Originally posted by Senkensha

Sure, it's a themepark, does that make it like WoW?  If you expected a non-story driven game sandbox and you bought a Bioware title, you're just silly.

This. When I read a post saying "This is what Star Wars fans want", I have to sigh. It's a Bioware game, of course it's going to be a directed story experience. For those that wanted something else, that's understandable, as is expecting features that would be reasonable in this type of MMO. But saying each patch isn't giving what you want when the game's foundation isn't what you want is like beating a head horse. 

On topic, it's a nice patch if they're sticking to there 6 week update schedule. If they go months again without updating, then I have to say this would be a dissapointment. 

  Karteli

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/09/12
Posts: 2704

10/13/12 4:52:37 PM#40
Originally posted by Draron
Originally posted by Senkensha

Sure, it's a themepark, does that make it like WoW?  If you expected a non-story driven game sandbox and you bought a Bioware title, you're just silly.

This. When I read a post saying "This is what Star Wars fans want", I have to sigh. It's a Bioware game, of course it's going to be a directed story experience. For those that wanted something else, that's understandable, as is expecting features that would be reasonable in this type of MMO. But saying each patch isn't giving what you want when the game's foundation isn't what you want is like beating a head horse. 

On topic, it's a nice patch if they're sticking to there 6 week update schedule. If they go months again without updating, then I have to say this would be a dissapointment. 

Nobody around here is saying they want SWTOR to be like WoW?  Or did I miss something..

 

The poster, Senkensha, made a general (arguably irrational & without cause to the quoted reference) statement that people somehow wanted WoW.  I don't think they did, hence why so many left, when they found out SWTOR was too much like WoW.

 

So .. This isn't what SW fans wanted, it's just someones accusations, without justification.  Don't sweat it.

 

6 week schedule is definitely positive.  Although 1.5 will be the first in the cycle, so I'll believe it when I see it .. yet I wonder if EA can keep it up, once all the previously developed content gets released (with what was known about way before vs. what is coming).

 

Space flight, minigames?  Next year .. maybe?  Was development started?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search