Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,844,901 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,916
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
27 posts found
  Beyaco

Novice Member

OP  5/08/12 12:54:45 AM#1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI98t55EYvw

Do you think they will fix PvP?

Yes
No
They will break PvP even more...
(login to vote)
  punkrock

Novice Member

5/08/12 3:07:28 AM#2
Fix it? No my good sir it needs to be taken down and rebuilt. They have DAOC wtf, just copy an past like all mmorpg games do, They did it with WOW on PVE*thou TOR does it better imo* So why not DAOC.

MYSPACE ACCOUNT

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=80721225

Which FF Character Are You?

altair4

Advanced Member

5/08/12 3:18:26 AM#3

What they meant with expansions was just content patches. Was clarified on official forums.

punkrock

Novice Member

5/08/12 3:30:43 AM#4
Oh then that is pretty dam lame, oh well.

MYSPACE ACCOUNT

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=80721225

User Deleted
5/08/12 4:56:04 AM#5

Its patches (1,3 and 1,4) not expansions, even clarified on official forum.

nomatics856

Spotlight Poster

5/08/12 5:00:54 AM#6
Originally posted by punkrock
Fix it? No my good sir it needs to be taken down and rebuilt. They have DAOC wtf, just copy an past like all mmorpg games do, They did it with WOW on PVE*thou TOR does it better imo* So why not DAOC.

TOR does not do PVE better than WoW, it does singleplayer better than WoW, when it comes to group content, dungeons, raids, loot etc. WoW wins hand down, even EQ2 wins.

pierth

Novice Member

5/08/12 5:10:42 AM#7

Unless the entire game is developed around PvP then the PvP in a MMO will always be terrible. Even those that are primarily focused on PvP can still mess it up (WAR).

punkrock

Novice Member

5/08/12 6:19:50 AM#8
WOW is super boring but to each there own. Since you put EQ2 in the mix then ya sure it would be the best in PVE then TOR. Again it's all imo.

MYSPACE ACCOUNT

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

5/08/12 8:43:28 AM#9
WOW is super boring but to each there own. Since you put EQ2 in the mix then ya sure it would be the best in PVE then TOR. Again it's all imo.

I thought WOW had pretty bland PVE myself. Only made it to level 40 on that game before quitting. Never played any of the everquests.

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

Beyaco

Novice Member

OP  5/09/12 1:57:37 AM#10
Originally posted by altair4

What they meant with expansions was just content patches. Was clarified on official forums.

Yea, after reading around, I believe the article was referring to game updates/content patches and not actual expansion packs. Even then, it is still a red flag. I don't believe it would be healthy to pump out 2 updates in such a short time. Have you heard any details about 1.3, much less what is beyond that?  The only thing that we know, is 1.3 is going to have some of the things that didn't make it into 1.2, like ranked warzones etc.

Also, I am not sure why they would be banking on boosting subscriptions with game updates...Game updates are free and lets be honest, the last "game update" actually cost them money because they ended up giving away a free month to the majority of players.

Also, I believe they lost subscriptions since 1.2...So, it makes zero sense to believe 1.3 will add subscriptions until they can prove that a update can actually accomplish that. I Know what can add revenue in the short term though? A expansion pack.

clankyasp

Novice Member

5/09/12 2:03:29 AM#11

Rise of the Empire.

then

Death of the Empire.

Valua

Apprentice Member

5/09/12 2:09:12 AM#12
Originally posted by Beyaco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI98t55EYvw

I think BioWare will fix PvP eventually, probably not the next patch, but I can see it happening before the end of the year.

Off topic: Why do people even post on this website when it comes to The Old Republic? It just gets hated on, mostly by people whose extent of playing the game was watching gameplay videos on youtube.

I was always brought up with the saying "If you've got nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all."

People are enjoying the game and other people who bad mouth it are ruining it for those who enjoy it.

If you don't like the game get over it, if you bought it and didn't like it then it's tough isn't it? Only 40 pounds wasted. But don't ruin it for the people (1.3 million) who are enjoying it.

This is clearly a GW2 lovers website, and a Swtor hates website.

Rant over, sorry :P

descreth

Novice Member

5/09/12 2:15:50 AM#13

How the hell could they even put out an expansion? And no they wouldn't fix the PvP, the game is simply dead and it's already confirmed it will adopt the free to play model or perhaps shut down servers by the end of the year seeing the subscription rates. 

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

5/09/12 2:33:28 AM#14

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

Moodsor

Hard Core Member

5/09/12 4:52:17 AM#15
Originally posted by descreth

How the hell could they even put out an expansion? And no they wouldn't fix the PvP, the game is simply dead and it's already confirmed it will adopt the free to play model or perhaps shut down servers by the end of the year seeing the subscription rates. 

Alright alright, lets hold back a bit on the assumptions.

The 2 "expansions" they mention are content patches, already been confirmed to be a misunderstanding, the numbers show a 400k decline, but the game is making EA a profit in the long run.

F2P model has never been mentioned as a possibility, and MMO's have done well in the past with far less subs than this.

I dont play SWTOR myself, and I am not a fan of anything BW did with it, but lets atleast try to stay realistic and not just go crazy on assumptions.

gotha

Advanced Member

5/09/12 4:58:14 AM#16
Originally posted by Velera
Originally posted by descreth

Alright alright, lets hold back a bit on the assumptions.

The 2 "expansions" they mention are content patches, already been confirmed to be a misunderstanding, the numbers show a 400k decline, but the game is making EA a profit in the long run.

F2P model has never been mentioned as a possibility, and MMO's have done well in the past with far less subs than this.

I dont play SWTOR myself, and I am not a fan of anything BW did with it, but lets atleast try to stay realistic and not just go crazy on assumptions.

This is a good sober assessment of what is happening.  They do have themselves slightly in a bind however.  Any expansion will be more expensive to make due to the voice acting required.  They cannot put out content which is subpar to the origanal game,  which was expensive to make.  An expansion will likely now sell between 500k and 1.4 mil copies (if they are lucky).  Not sure EA will want to invest the money needed for the lower end of the those sales numbers.

palulalula

Novice Member

5/09/12 5:47:48 AM#17

Well maybe for you, but not for us. Wow is game with most content on market and specially today. It is so huge that  all other games looks so poor compared to wow. But who cares, we have or we got fun for so many years and even today we have largest gaming comunity on world. Rest of games can only dream about something like that. 

palulalula

Novice Member

5/09/12 5:52:33 AM#18

In fact it is second largest subscription  based game in the world. Give  subscription to any other game then wow and you will come out with numbers like  100k-300k. They just need to make pvp combat interesting like in wow where you have so much difference btw classes in pvp. Problem is that all classes in swtor feel almost the same in combat, rest of the game  is awesome. I know haters hate wow sou there is no need to write how  you don't like wow's pvp. Important is that  wow comunity is largest in the world and that only shows what people want to play

User Deleted
5/09/12 6:47:05 AM#19
Originally posted by palulalula

In fact it is second largest subscription  based game in the world. Give  subscription to any other game then wow and you will come out with numbers like  100k-300k. They just need to make pvp combat interesting like in wow where you have so much difference btw classes in pvp. Problem is that all classes in swtor feel almost the same in combat, rest of the game  is awesome. I know haters hate wow sou there is no need to write how  you don't like wow's pvp. Important is that  wow comunity is largest in the world and that only shows what people want to play

Nop. 2nd largest sub based game in the WEST. EvE has >300k btw. So does LOTRO (if we count subs same way as Blizzard).

Exactly your mentality makes companies throw hundreds of millions of dollars in the wind.

Originally posted by palulalula

Well maybe for you, but not for us. Wow is game with most content on market and specially today. It is so huge that  all other games looks so poor compared to wow. But who cares, we have or we got fun for so many years and even today we have largest gaming comunity on world. Rest of games can only dream about something like that. 

Well, tbh, WoW community can stay in WoW...forever.

spizz

Advanced Member

5/09/12 1:28:44 PM#20

If you watch the EA stock market charts, the stocks falling since the introduction of SWTOR

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=EA+Interactive#symbol=ea;range=6m;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

Iam sure that EA will not only try to squeeche out every cent with upcomming expansions for Swtor...stocks went down from around 22 to 14 in the last ~ 6months, thats really a lot and EA is under pressure.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search