Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,226 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,798
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
69 posts found
  iceman00

Novice Member

Kevin Tierney

4/18/12 10:21:57 PM#41
Originally posted by wowfan1996

Originally posted by Alders
and crunching the numbers, hmm...

I didn't say anything about numbers. :) Relevant math, logic and statistics should add value to opinions. But this has nothing to do with running a premade or being a member of a specific guild.

The people who do the most crunching of numbers are those elitists snobs.  Casual players don't invent tactics in games, at least not intentionally.  They don't sit there in vent arguing theorycrafting or in-depth calculations of damage/mitigation, etc.

Especially in the pvp world of things.  TOR needs to decide if it is going to be a casual game where "all ye who want to play beyond 2 months abandon hope" or something different.  It can't be all things to all people.  It's main selling points (voice overs, story arcs, companions) are more slated towards the casual audience.  The stuff they've been so hot on lately (pvp, FP's and heroics) are towards the "something different" crowd.

User Deleted
4/18/12 10:43:56 PM#42
Originally posted by Alders

Originally posted by Bardus
When WAR is the poster child for how hard and fast a MMO can fall, maybe you should have.

2) Listening to a select minority exclusively will keep only the said minority happy (at best).
3) It's definitely not fair and not realistic as long as every player pays the same monthly fee.

Listen to the players that are on 1-2 hours a night or listen to the ones that are on all the time and crunching the numbers, hmm...

TOR is in the shape it's in because they're already listening to the wrong people; to the ultra casuals.  It's why there's no community, no long term outlook, no MMO or Star Wars feeling to the game.  When gear is way too easy to get and the content that delivers said gear is either way too easy or just buggy, it's time to start listening to the players that have long term vested interest.

I'm not saying build a game around hardcore players, i'm just saying they know the game better than anyone else, including BW.

Have to completely disagree with you there. I'm an ultracasual and i wouldn't touch this game for all the money in the world. The reason why? To me it's not an MMO experience. The poor kid in the post is just trying to save the game he loves. Now when it comes to him saying they should only listen to the hardcore i agree only so far as the pvpers are concerned because i see that pvp is usually dominated by the hardcore players.

HOWEVER, saying that the entire problem with this game comes from them listening to the casuals is just stupid at best. It's a complete and utter lie at it's foundation. The casuals aren't the problem in this title, the devs are because the devs of this game aren't REALLY listening to any of their players they are just carrying on despite everyone's requests in their forums. It shows.

What gets me is why would anyone bother at this stage? If they didn't listen to you in beta why stay and put yourself through that? I know i wouldn't especially since they are taking my money (hypothetically) for me to even post on something. It's one of the many reasons i left WoW. Arrogant self centered Devs who don't listen to their playerbase do not deserve a dime. The sooner people take back the power from these people by hitting them where it counts, their wallets, the sooner they might actually wake-up and realize it's not all about what they want, it's about the players and what the players want because they are the ones footing the bill post launch. So no, it's definitely not the casuals, it's the Devs not listening to ANYONE.

If you want to blame a company for listening to casuals, blame (Anet) GW2, that's a casual gamers game and it's one of the many reasons i'm getting it ASAP. SWTOR was definitely not built for casuals or they would have open world events, all the questing would be optional, there would be no dungeons and no gear treadmill. That's ultra casual.

wowfan1996

Novice Member

4/18/12 11:48:23 PM#43

Originally posted by iceman00
The people who do the most crunching of numbers are those elitists snobs.

Sorry, I didn't notice any in the post quoted by the TC. Again: elitism never adds credibility. Repeat this mantra 10 times every morning and you'll be cured.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

iceman00

Novice Member

Kevin Tierney

4/19/12 8:14:05 PM#44

The people who do the most crunching of numbers are those elitists snobs.

Sorry, I didn't notice any in the post quoted by the TC. Again: elitism never adds credibility. Repeat this mantra 10 times every morning and you'll be cured.

Most of the time, "elitist" in the gaming world is the equivalent of "fascist" in politics:  what you use to label someone you just don't like.  Many times people who are called "elitist" are simply those who recognize a bad idea when they see it, backing it up, and the person suggesting it gets a lil butthurt.

And other times, the correct word for them is being a jerk.

Everytime a game makes bad changes, they claim it was to get rid of "elitism" in the game.  In other words, its a scapegoat.

wowfan1996

Novice Member

4/20/12 4:30:07 AM#45

Most of the time, "elitist" in the gaming world is the equivalent of "fascist"

Exactly. Elitist is simply someone who thinks he represents a superior "caste".

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

rodingo

Elite Member

4/20/12 3:41:59 PM#46

Yeh you really can't say that BW is listening to casuals.  Heck, usually "casuals" specially "ultra-casuals" aren't going to even care enough to post on the forums.  They will just log in, play, and if the game starts to suck for them they will just shrug, log off, and play something else.  It's actually hard to tell if BW actually listens to the players anyways.  When the game first launched, the pvp forums were filled with crys for nerfing operatives/scoundrels.  Soon after, knee jerk nerfing began.  However on the PTS people were warning BW about their sweeping class "balance" changes (haha) and WZ/Comms changes.  We now see that BW pretty much ingnored the player base and went ahead with 1.2.  Now you can easily see BW backpedaling and attempting damage control with free 30 day extensions on subs.

The people who are posting in the forums that are crying, asking for nerfs, venting, etc are mostly the solid playerbase that mostly cares about the game they are paying for and want it changed to fit THEIR needs.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Gdemami

Elite Member

4/20/12 3:53:58 PM#47

Originally posted by rodingo

The people who are posting in the forums that are crying, asking for nerfs, venting, etc are mostly the solid playerbase that mostly cares about the game they are paying for and want it changed to fit THEIR needs.

Still minority tho...

Sith2112

Novice Member

4/21/12 10:49:54 PM#48

Why people complain and continue to play is beyond me.

If they are that unhappy with it. Then log out and move on.

I recall seeing a post on the patch server about someone who was able to do quite well with a Sorc after the "nerf" and he posted his stats and explained how he played and a good amount of people called him fanbio and said he was lying all because they didn't want to change the way they played. - That's what it is coming to.. 

Bottom line - they bought the game to play it. It's not what they expected so rather than speak with their wallets, the choose to continue to play and complain.

I have issues with some things in the game but in all honesty, if it bothers me that much - I'll move on.

The constant whining and QQ posts are tiresome. I only go there to "TRY" and get some good advice and info about classes and I'm forever weeding through crap posts... 

Oh well...QQ about them makes me just as bad I guess...:)

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

4/21/12 10:55:16 PM#49
Originally posted by Kaocan

The gear imblance at cap is the primary problem with PvP in SWTOR. When someone new entering the 50 bracket comes in, hits a power, that on the tooltip says it does 1800-2400 damage over 3 seconds, and sees it hit 5 people for no more that 75 points each on 3 ticks.... I dont care how much class and power balancing you do, it wil never matter to the new guy coming into that bracket if they never have a chance in hell of even being a productive part of a match. Their only hope is to do enough warzones to finsh enough daily and weekly quests to get some gear that will help. But since Tier I PvP gear might as well be paper compared to BM gear, that uselessness for new level 50s will NEVER go away. BW designed level 50 gear with too steep of a stat climb. Thier changes in 1.2 made it even more of a problem, because now those without much of a chance of helping in the match due to the gear disadvantage now get nothing for rewards in a match. Instead of thier new system being something to punish the AFKers, what it did is kil the new level 50s who dont have the gear yet. A broad sweeping change to fix a problem without looking at the side effects beofre it was implimented. They screwed up, and as a result, they are going to lose a TON of players.

That is indeed a big problem especially in the arena type PVP. If my basic equip lv 50 attacks a BM, it's like attacking with cotton balls. Not fun!

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

Shatter30

Novice Member

4/21/12 11:00:13 PM#50

Doesnt matter, GW2 will be out soon so to heck with TOR and their horrible devs

Greyhooff

Novice Member

4/25/12 2:51:53 AM#51
Originally posted by Shatter30

Doesnt matter, GW2 will be out soon so to heck with TOR and their horrible devs

GW2 open beta email just went out today.

Greyhooff

Novice Member

5/02/12 1:52:06 AM#52

Someone reposted the "I told you so" post on the official swtor.com forums, where the OP predicted all the problems with 1.2 and was banned for trying to provide solutions.

He quoted his own posts from PTS forums while testing the patch, warning Bioware about the problems with the patch (all his posts were ignored), after which he provided the solutions (which were also ignored).

Of course the repost was deleted shortly after, and whoever posted it was probably banned.

Posted by Redmarx

It seems petty perhaps to point this out now, but all the problems and the massive amount of complaints about 1.2 were predictable.

Let me rephrase that: they were predicted. By me. And others.

All my posts quoted below are 2-4 weeks old, mostly on PVP and PTS forums arguing against the 1.2 changes.

How can I put it better than this: I told you so.

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3473038]The balance changes are... unbelievable.

As a marauder, I can honestly say: bad idea, we are going to be insanely overpowered.

Sorcs and merc healers: reroll.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3744851]After 1.2, people will be begging for pre-1.2 game balance.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3651944]They need to add a debuff and votekick function.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3819069]No PVP testing was done on PTS. None.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3635658]Warzones should award a good amount of credits, don't force PVPers to grind PVE dailies for cash, we hate that sort of thing[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3593600]What is the point of having Q&A sessions at all if you're going to avoid ALL the most pressing concerns of the players.

Rather than giving straight answers, you instead choose to answer fluff questions asked on a whim by a couple of people on the forum rather than the hundreds of posts on the same major issues:

- Why has the healing paradigm been so drastically changed so suddenly, and is causing healing frustration really a good idea given that healers are the core of every operation / warzone?

- What are the PVP design decisions (specifically, what roles in rated warzones do you believe make sense) behind the sweeping nerfs to some classes that are in dire need of help (operative) and a complete lack of attention to the strongest classes (tank assassins in dps gear)?

- Why does it appear to the playerbase that you do balance changes purely based on who cries foul on forums the most? Is that actually how you do them? Isn't it awful that we even have to ask?

- What kind of improvements are you making to the PTS to allow more widespread testing, rather than just testing by a small group of guilds who might give insufficient / incorrect data?

- Why are server issues not being addressed more proactively in order to avoid eventual implosions due to straggling activity?

etc etc.

If all you wanted was easy questions, the answers to which no one cares about, you could just invent the questions yourselves and answer why the lightsaber is green (hint: it's because of the crystal).[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3635658]Melee destroys ranged in this game. The only cases where ranged can dominate is against disorganised pugs full of bad players.

In skilled PVP, melee is dominant, by far.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3731617]Well clearly Bioware has no clue.

1.2 is going to be a disaster if this is how they are balancing.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3492212]Pretty much.

Both sorcs and mercs got hit hard with a healing nerfbat, with no real thought or coherent plan behind it.

Ilum was a fiasco, Bioware was not prepared, we get that, mass world PVP is a notoriously hard thing to get right. Feel free to ask your Warhammer devs why they failed, but for pity's sake don't invite them to give their opinions on class balance changes.

The 1.2 patch class balance changes are ill-devised and frankly amateurish.

And this is coming from a marauder, who will be godmode in 1.2.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3206025]Well done for outing yourself on forums as a bad player.

Only the absolute worst, most clueless pug dps monkeys think healers need nerfing.

Interrupts are huge due to their extremely short cds. Throw a PT and a marauder on a healer. There is nothing that healer can do, they will die very quickly unless peeled and guarded/taunted like a maniac.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3506923]I often look at other marauders and facepalm.

No, having a few more buttons to deal damage does not make marauder hard to play. Every class is easy, it's muscle memory and practice; but clearly there are a lot of clickers around.

As for class balance, marauder was already the strongest PVP class by far.

Buffing us is going to result in balance problems down the road which will threaten to get the class gutted like what they did to dps operatives, sorcs and mercs in 1.2

Rather not have that happen, tyvm.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3731617]The devs have no clue what they are doing. Their testers are a bunch of inexperienced PVE clickers who have never played in a proper PVP premade.

GZ thinks teams of operatives are stunlocking people and making them unsub, and that somehow hybrid sorcs and tracermercs are stronger than marauders or tank assassins.

That's the level of chaos and cluelessness that is going on.

It's no wonder 1.2, which should have been a great jesus-patch with lots of new content, is being destroyed by a horrible class balance debacle.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3731617]So you basically interrupt yourself if you're a keybinder and pressing your next instant ability while your current one is going off?

That's... ridiculous. It will make the game unplayable for anyone who isn't a clicker.

I wonder if the design team are all clickers.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3650792]To answer the original question:

Bad players think that sorcs, dps mercs, and dps operatives are overpowered.

Bioware listens to bad players, see 1.2 patch notes.

Hope that was simple and clear enough.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3635658]Ilum was a PVP fiasco.

The devs didn't listen to the simple advice of limiting the number of people of one faction to 50% of the total max players in 1 instance of Ilum. It would have been a simple fix, but no, they did not listen.

While the PVE changes and additional content in 1.2 are excellent, the patch is looking like another PVP fiasco, with incredibly poor balance tuning that appears to have been done based on the QQ of terrible players, and no real thought to proper PVP progression.

Developers need to start listening to the experienced, intelligent players more; and listening to the clueless pug randoms less. It would lead to much more judicious changes than what we routinely see in MMOs.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3555211]Marauder/Sentinel can break assists better than any other class in the game. That is exactly why we are so strong in group PVP and dominate warzones.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3555211]The fight actually looks very simple and not difficult.

The difficulty is artificially boosted by having healers who can't heal.

I guess this is their new "design" - make the game boring yet frustrating.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3492212]NPC in starting area, click on it to recieve enough xp to ding to 50.

Remove costs of items on fleet vendors.

Problem solved.

PTS working properly and enabling players to test all content and submit feedback to make a better 1.2 patch.

Does this honestly sound too complicated?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3454552]We melee are already stronger than ranged in PVP... and you want to buff melee?

Something very wrong behind the keyboard.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3376550]Good stream, nice initiative.

I guess it does show what good players have known for a long time:

- Strong classes: powertechs, marauders, merc healers

- Weak classes: tracerspammers, sorcs, snipers[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3333122]Healing is fine. HOTs and instant casts are quite weak.

Oh you're complaining about the casted heals? Why are you letting healers cast?

Oh because you're awful at PVP, pugging solo expecting to beat guarded healers without an assist and without calling interrupts.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3769779]Nothing left to do but watch it all crumble.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3820523]I feel like it's 2 days left till NGE hits and I have nothing to wear.[/QUOTE]

User Deleted
5/02/12 6:38:06 AM#53

Yup, pretty much all true, they have been warned for months, and when 1,2 patch notes were made public lot of people scratched their heads and asked themselves why do they want to ruin their own game.

Now, if threads werent closed ba the speed of light, every second thread would be complaint about something in above post.

PTS is a joke, PvP was thorougly untested, thats reason why rated WZs were scrapped but lot of stuff that made sense only for rated WZs was left ingame (even "preseason" sign) so PvP is one big mess.

Not to talk about whole Ilum situation.

Sigh, such promising game, and so little delivered, and what little was delivered ruined, by themselves,  in patches.

Wonder whats going on in BW, i think they are more confused atm than their customers (which are very confused about direction of SWTOR) lol

Greyhooff

Novice Member

5/19/12 12:45:42 PM#54

It's funny, looking back at this, the trend towards closing threads and overall censorship of any criticism on the swtor.com forums has become even worse.

I guess this is what happens when a bad moderation team has no supervision and treats the forums like their own fanboy club.

DarKJudge

Novice Member

5/19/12 1:15:11 PM#55

Clap Clap Clap!!!!

CrunkJuice2

Novice Member

5/19/12 1:48:52 PM#56

'Originally posted by Shatter30

Doesnt matter, GW2 will be out soon so to heck with TOR and their horrible devs"

meh,gw2 just looks like deja vu of swtor all over again

community comes in,hypes the game to living hell.devs cant live up to the hype the players give the game.and it tanks 6 months later

and i wouldnt count on gw2 coming out soon.since theres no release date,so for all we know.it could end up being another duke nukem forever.eather way though i plan on checking it out,but i guess i probably could say i probably wouldnt even bother with gw2 if the pvp in swtor was actually good and not tacked on garbage

gestalt11

Advanced Member

5/19/12 1:49:45 PM#57
Originally posted by Greyhooff

This was posted by the original poster redmarx on darthhater.com (a SWTOR fansite run by Curse) and was also deleted (guess darthhater got an email from EA):

wowmarx wrote:

I only posted it once, and didn't repost it anywhere. I didn't even add to it, I simply let others discuss the thread, which they did, and the discussion was fantastic, cooperative and constructive.

Dozens - really, dozens - of people said it was the "post of the  year" and "the best PVP post" and "Bioware should hire this person", etc.

It had hundreds of posts agreeing with it. I wanted to thank people at some point in the thread, and reply to my PMs etc, but I was banned before I could.

The entire thread was quietly deleted. I can't even reply to all the PMs I got thanking me for writing the post and saying that they agreed.

They even deleted my forum signature, when I click on that feature it says "Sorry, you are not permitted to have a signature."

This seems like rather special treatment.

Someone posted about the deletions of both the original post and the re-posts others did of the original post - and that thread got closed, no doubt it will be deleted shortly also:

ErthAnjil
Mods Banning players | Today , 04:37 AM

Is there anything we can do about the mods abusing their power permanently banning anyone for posting redmarx post? I think it's getting out of hand with them trying to silence us for a post of constructive criticism that a majority of the players agreed with.

Vaipyr
Today , 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErthAnjil
Is there anything we can do about the mods abusing their power permanently banning anyone for posting redmarx post? I think it's getting out of hand with them trying to silence us for a post of constructive criticism that a majority of the players agreed with.
The same 12 or so people spamming it over and over =/= majority. Also the bans were well justified.

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/dd2c081cbedbe6c4.png

ekaikaforge
Today , 04:41 AM

What is wrong with a thread of ideas to fix PvP?

Can a yellow name please explain why that discussion violates the forum rules? There are a hundred other idea threads out there.

Ardim
Today , 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaikaforge
What is wrong with a thread of ideas to fix PvP?

Can a yellow name please explain why that discussion violates the forum rules? There are a hundred other idea threads out there.
This. Honestly :/

The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Canderous Ordo
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

Arzhanin
Today , 04:53 AM

Hello folks,

While we understand you can get frustrated at moderation actions taken which you do not agree with, please note that discussion of specific moderation actions is not allowed on the forum. This includes discussion regarding content that was part of a post that was moderated.

If you have a concern about moderation or specific moderation action taken by us, you may feel free to e-mail communitysupport@swtor.com, so that we can receive your concerns directly.

We'll be closing this thread now. Thanks for your understanding.

When I see a company acting like this I immediately concael my sub/stop buying any expansions and stop playing.  Its an instant boycott from me on all their products.

And this is coming from someone who is still posting on these boards after getting a temp ban two days ago.  One that was unfair in my opinion as I wasn't flamaing I was simply being ironic.  But that's fine sometimes it hard for the mods to see irony or sarcsam in a written medium.

But what is going on in the SWTOR forums is sickening.

Alders

Hard Core Member

I cannot fiddle but I can make a great state of a small city.

5/19/12 1:53:41 PM#58
Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

'Originally posted by Shatter30

Doesnt matter, GW2 will be out soon so to heck with TOR and their horrible devs"

meh,gw2 just looks like deja vu of swtor all over again

community comes in,hypes the game to living hell.devs cant live up to the hype the players give the game.and it tanks 6 months later

and i wouldnt count on gw2 coming out soon.since theres no release date,so for all we know.it could end up being another duke nukem forever

Difference being the devs hyped up SWTOR because they knew the game was bad 6 months prior to release and the players hype GW2 because it's an actually well built game.

Kabaal

Novice Member

Haggis Humper

5/19/12 1:59:11 PM#59

Such drama; threads on this site wouldn't be worthy without it.

gestalt11

Advanced Member

5/19/12 2:01:29 PM#60
Originally posted by Greyhooff

Someone reposted the "I told you so" post on the official swtor.com forums, where the OP predicted all the problems with 1.2 and was banned for trying to provide solutions.

He quoted his own posts from PTS forums while testing the patch, warning Bioware about the problems with the patch (all his posts were ignored), after which he provided the solutions (which were also ignored).

Of course the repost was deleted shortly after, and whoever posted it was probably banned.

Posted by Redmarx

It seems petty perhaps to point this out now, but all the problems and the massive amount of complaints about 1.2 were predictable.

Let me rephrase that: they were predicted. By me. And others.

All my posts quoted below are 2-4 weeks old, mostly on PVP and PTS forums arguing against the 1.2 changes.

How can I put it better than this: I told you so.

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3473038]The balance changes are... unbelievable.

As a marauder, I can honestly say: bad idea, we are going to be insanely overpowered.

Sorcs and merc healers: reroll.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3744851]After 1.2, people will be begging for pre-1.2 game balance.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3651944]They need to add a debuff and votekick function.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3819069]No PVP testing was done on PTS. None.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3635658]Warzones should award a good amount of credits, don't force PVPers to grind PVE dailies for cash, we hate that sort of thing[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3593600]What is the point of having Q&A sessions at all if you're going to avoid ALL the most pressing concerns of the players.

Rather than giving straight answers, you instead choose to answer fluff questions asked on a whim by a couple of people on the forum rather than the hundreds of posts on the same major issues:

- Why has the healing paradigm been so drastically changed so suddenly, and is causing healing frustration really a good idea given that healers are the core of every operation / warzone?

- What are the PVP design decisions (specifically, what roles in rated warzones do you believe make sense) behind the sweeping nerfs to some classes that are in dire need of help (operative) and a complete lack of attention to the strongest classes (tank assassins in dps gear)?

- Why does it appear to the playerbase that you do balance changes purely based on who cries foul on forums the most? Is that actually how you do them? Isn't it awful that we even have to ask?

- What kind of improvements are you making to the PTS to allow more widespread testing, rather than just testing by a small group of guilds who might give insufficient / incorrect data?

- Why are server issues not being addressed more proactively in order to avoid eventual implosions due to straggling activity?

etc etc.

If all you wanted was easy questions, the answers to which no one cares about, you could just invent the questions yourselves and answer why the lightsaber is green (hint: it's because of the crystal).[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3635658]Melee destroys ranged in this game. The only cases where ranged can dominate is against disorganised pugs full of bad players.

In skilled PVP, melee is dominant, by far.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3731617]Well clearly Bioware has no clue.

1.2 is going to be a disaster if this is how they are balancing.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3492212]Pretty much.

Both sorcs and mercs got hit hard with a healing nerfbat, with no real thought or coherent plan behind it.

Ilum was a fiasco, Bioware was not prepared, we get that, mass world PVP is a notoriously hard thing to get right. Feel free to ask your Warhammer devs why they failed, but for pity's sake don't invite them to give their opinions on class balance changes.

The 1.2 patch class balance changes are ill-devised and frankly amateurish.

And this is coming from a marauder, who will be godmode in 1.2.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3206025]Well done for outing yourself on forums as a bad player.

Only the absolute worst, most clueless pug dps monkeys think healers need nerfing.

Interrupts are huge due to their extremely short cds. Throw a PT and a marauder on a healer. There is nothing that healer can do, they will die very quickly unless peeled and guarded/taunted like a maniac.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3506923]I often look at other marauders and facepalm.

No, having a few more buttons to deal damage does not make marauder hard to play. Every class is easy, it's muscle memory and practice; but clearly there are a lot of clickers around.

As for class balance, marauder was already the strongest PVP class by far.

Buffing us is going to result in balance problems down the road which will threaten to get the class gutted like what they did to dps operatives, sorcs and mercs in 1.2

Rather not have that happen, tyvm.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3731617]The devs have no clue what they are doing. Their testers are a bunch of inexperienced PVE clickers who have never played in a proper PVP premade.

GZ thinks teams of operatives are stunlocking people and making them unsub, and that somehow hybrid sorcs and tracermercs are stronger than marauders or tank assassins.

That's the level of chaos and cluelessness that is going on.

It's no wonder 1.2, which should have been a great jesus-patch with lots of new content, is being destroyed by a horrible class balance debacle.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3731617]So you basically interrupt yourself if you're a keybinder and pressing your next instant ability while your current one is going off?

That's... ridiculous. It will make the game unplayable for anyone who isn't a clicker.

I wonder if the design team are all clickers.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3650792]To answer the original question:

Bad players think that sorcs, dps mercs, and dps operatives are overpowered.

Bioware listens to bad players, see 1.2 patch notes.

Hope that was simple and clear enough.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3635658]Ilum was a PVP fiasco.

The devs didn't listen to the simple advice of limiting the number of people of one faction to 50% of the total max players in 1 instance of Ilum. It would have been a simple fix, but no, they did not listen.

While the PVE changes and additional content in 1.2 are excellent, the patch is looking like another PVP fiasco, with incredibly poor balance tuning that appears to have been done based on the QQ of terrible players, and no real thought to proper PVP progression.

Developers need to start listening to the experienced, intelligent players more; and listening to the clueless pug randoms less. It would lead to much more judicious changes than what we routinely see in MMOs.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3555211]Marauder/Sentinel can break assists better than any other class in the game. That is exactly why we are so strong in group PVP and dominate warzones.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3555211]The fight actually looks very simple and not difficult.

The difficulty is artificially boosted by having healers who can't heal.

I guess this is their new "design" - make the game boring yet frustrating.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3492212]NPC in starting area, click on it to recieve enough xp to ding to 50.

Remove costs of items on fleet vendors.

Problem solved.

PTS working properly and enabling players to test all content and submit feedback to make a better 1.2 patch.

Does this honestly sound too complicated?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3454552]We melee are already stronger than ranged in PVP... and you want to buff melee?

Something very wrong behind the keyboard.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3376550]Good stream, nice initiative.

I guess it does show what good players have known for a long time:

- Strong classes: powertechs, marauders, merc healers

- Weak classes: tracerspammers, sorcs, snipers[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3333122]Healing is fine. HOTs and instant casts are quite weak.

Oh you're complaining about the casted heals? Why are you letting healers cast?

Oh because you're awful at PVP, pugging solo expecting to beat guarded healers without an assist and without calling interrupts.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3769779]Nothing left to do but watch it all crumble.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Redmarx;3820523]I feel like it's 2 days left till NGE hits and I have nothing to wear.[/QUOTE]

Wow I wasn't really reading up on what they did but after reading that I started having acid flash backs of WAR and its horrible magnet stuff and the radical changes they made.  It also reminded me of the champions online release day patch that radically changed gameplay.

I have thought since before release that this game was probably not made by Bioware but rather that EA rebranded the Mythic devs as Bioware and Bioware only did guidance on the personal story aspects and some overall management oversight.

Giving the insane swing and lack of prepared well though out design I am starting to turn that into a certainty.  It was the same problem in WAR, they basically never even tried to mature their design.  They had an ok starting point and then just winged it.  Really immature method of doing things.  It was the main reason I left the game.   I knew they could never do better.  I was sure they could come up with all kinds of changes but they would never have a mature design they seemed to lack any ability to deliberate or refine their ideas.

The WAR campaign was so close to being pretty good, but even that they couldn't change to make sense.  And the problems it had at release were so obvious.  They clearly never even tried to refine it or they were completely blinded by arrogance.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search