Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | EverQuest Next | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,147 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,470
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Bioware Level 50 restriction dropped

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
38 posts found
  jacklo

Novice Member

OP  4/16/12 10:35:18 AM#1

Seems Bioware has buckled under pressure from fans and has changed the terms for the free 30 days. Not before time I have to say.

BioWare has altered the 30 days free game time SWTOR promotion to include more people than those who have reached character level 50.
Now, all SWTOR players who have reached Legacy Level 6 qualify, and they have longer to do so.
You can reach Legacy Level 6 by having two characters levelled 45 and 42, for example. Or you can have three characters levelled 45, 32 and 32. Or you can have a bunch of characters levelled 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-16-bioware-revises-extends-swtor-free-game-time-offer

RefMinor

Novice Member

Hipster

4/16/12 10:38:10 AM#2
Originally posted by jacklo

Seems Bioware has buckled under pressure from fans and has changed the terms for the free 30 days. Not before time I have to say.

BioWare has altered the 30 days free game time SWTOR promotion to include more people than those who have reached character level 50.
Now, all SWTOR players who have reached Legacy Level 6 qualify, and they have longer to do so.
You can reach Legacy Level 6 by having two characters levelled 45 and 42, for example. Or you can have three characters levelled 45, 32 and 32. Or you can have a bunch of characters levelled 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-16-bioware-revises-extends-swtor-free-game-time-offer

This was announced a couple of days ago.
  jacklo

Novice Member

OP  4/16/12 10:44:30 AM#3
Originally posted by RefMinor
Originally posted by jacklo

This was announced a couple of days ago.

My apologies if that's the case. I did a quick check in 'general discussion' and found nothing about it in the latest posts going 5 pages deep.

User Deleted
4/16/12 10:52:24 AM#4

Thanks for the info. I didn't know this had been changed. People tend to shout the bad stuff from the rooftops and whisper the good with this game.

nomss

Apprentice Member

4/16/12 10:55:37 AM#5
Originally posted by DannyGlover

Thanks for the info. I didn't know this had been changed. People tend to shout the bad stuff from the rooftops and whisper the good with this game.

This changes very little.

Guild Wars 2's 50 minutes game play video:
http://n4g.com/news/592585/guild-wars-2-50-minutes-of-pure-gameplay
Everything We Know about GW2:
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/287180/page/1

synn

Apprentice Member

4/17/12 3:40:29 AM#6

it actually changes alot since this promo was geared more towards ppl that have been playing for a while. This allows many players that haven't 50 yet a chance to get there and also those altaholics that may not have a 50 but have already attained legacy lvl 6 due to lvling a bunch of alts.

User Deleted
4/18/12 7:11:39 AM#7

Still it was the douchebag way how the gone about it. They artificially created an unreasonable situation in which they win money by not giving out to much free time, and if people revolt enough they can still expand the promo to be reasonable and get to play the "good guys listen to us" card.

It's a Win / Win situation this way.

sadeyx

Novice Member

4/18/12 7:15:50 AM#8

With all the Euck ups recently and their generally poor release, they should just go ahead and give all subscribers free 30 days.

Lord knows they deserve it.

Sanguinelust

Advanced Member

broken

4/18/12 7:21:49 AM#9
Originally posted by nomss

How so?

JeroKane

Elite Member

4/18/12 3:19:57 PM#10
Originally posted by Sanguinelust

How so?

Because you still need to have at least one character that has finished Act.1 to unlock Legacy. So you need at least one char to level45 or so.

I have about 8-9 chars with several of them around level30.

MMOarQQ

Novice Member

"Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain."

4/18/12 3:22:40 PM#11

The fact that they didn't see the outrage coming just speaks volumes.

User Deleted
4/18/12 3:26:15 PM#12

The fact the "entitled" whiners get anything disappoints me to no end. I'd rather have each and every one of them ragequit and make the world a better place.

Ex0dUs101

Advanced Member

4/18/12 3:26:30 PM#13

As a roleplayer that preordered and supported the game from launch, I still get the shaft because I focussed on bringing the world to life through storytelling. It shouldnt matter what I did with my ingame time, I still paid exactly the same as anyone else.

Thanks for nothing Bioware.

BarCrow

Hard Core Member

4/18/12 3:30:13 PM#14
Originally posted by JeroKane

How so?

Because you still need to have at least one character that has finished Act.1 to unlock Legacy. So you need at least one char to level45 or so.

My BH main is level 45 and into Act 3. Act 1 finishes anywhere from about 30-33 in my experience. I have 8 characters..45,32,19,22,14,14,13,12. Legacy level = 9 .

JeroKane

Elite Member

4/18/12 3:32:54 PM#15
Originally posted by BarCrow

How so?

My BH main is level 45 and into Act 3. Act 1 finishes anywhere from about 30-33 in my experience. I have 8 characters..45,32,19,22,14,14,13,12. Legacy level = 9 .

Huh, I thought there was only one Act. right now and that it finishes around level45 or so, before you unlock Legacy?

So you mean, for Republic, Act.1 finishes on Alderaan?

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

4/18/12 3:33:59 PM#16

The way the title was worded, I was thinking "what? you can level past 50 now?"

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

BarCrow

Hard Core Member

4/18/12 3:34:04 PM#17
Originally posted by Ex0dUs101

As a roleplayer that preordered and supported the game from launch, I still get the shaft because I focussed on bringing the world to life through storytelling. It shouldnt matter what I did with my ingame time, I still paid exactly the same as anyone else.

I have to agree. Even though the recent change made me eligible for the free time...it really should be given to those who have continually paid since launch..regardless of any level. Especially for an offer so soon after launch. Then do a promo in a year with even better rewards based on consecutive months subbed. Like I've said before...imo....Money is loyalty for an MMO. (especially with a monthly sub)

User Deleted
4/18/12 3:36:00 PM#18
Originally posted by Ex0dUs101

Precisely.

This is a reward of real-world monetary value. I'm all for in-game rewards for in-game achievements, but this is how they reward the loyalty of those who don't have a lot of time to play or don't want to skip half the content, yet still pay for the game like everyone else?

Ludicrous.

pags411

Novice Member

4/18/12 3:36:35 PM#19
Originally posted by Psychow

The fact the "entitled" whiners get anything disappoints me to no end. I'd rather have each and every one of them ragequit and make the world a better place.

Does this post suggest that you feel player entitlement is synonomous with customer exclusion?  Everyone pays $15 a month.  Why should people who have played a specific way (bringing one character to 50) be offered a promotion and not people who played a different way?  Frankly, it's a bad PR move for TOR.  The game is mostly populated by people who play alts.  The game is designed for leveling characters and experiencing class stories.  The game isn't being created for raiding or high-level pvp communities.  Look at the entire legacy patch- it's just features for rolling multiple characters.  If anything, you should be disappointed that BW seems so confused as to who their game is for.

Distopia

Drifter

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

4/18/12 3:39:18 PM#20
Originally posted by BarCrow

How so?

Huh, I thought there was only one Act. right now and that it finishes around level45 or so, before you unlock Legacy?

So you mean, for Republic, Act.1 finishes on Alderaan?

Act one ends around 30 if I recall correctly.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

2 Pages 1 2 » Search