Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,670 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,436
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search
165 posts found
  ComfyChair

Novice Member

4/16/12 8:23:49 PM#121

Are you having fun in the game? yes?

The stop caring if everyone else is :D The game doesn't need large crowds to be enjoyed. Hell, i played during the launch month and i could count the times i grouped on one hand. Not because i didn't want to, but because the european servers were dead. It didn't stop me having fun (until i got bored of the standard MMO combat, but that's nothing more players could have fixed). This MMO is probably the friendliest MMO there is for lone players, which is why it 'tanking' or not shouldn't concern anyone enjoying it.

The game isn't the messiah, we knew that a while before release when beta's were around, but it's not the worst game in the world. It'll go F2P in about 6 months and it'll finally have the playerbase it deserves :) The game is good, but i don't think it's £10 a month good. Hence why i stopped playing. I'd definitely reconsider giving it another go for a bit if it went F2P.

Drakxii

Novice Member

4/16/12 8:26:45 PM#122
Originally posted by Tayah
Originally posted by Zippy

Take alook at ToR status and one can quickly see that ToR's has many less players playing today than this time last wek.  The hemoraging of subs has not stopped.  What has happened has that all the players have been moving to 3 US servers as almost all other servers are dead.  There are only 11 US servers and 2 Euro servers left with any substantial population.

1.2 has not stopped people leaving.  Look at the bottom of ToR status it will show you the oveall drop each day and subs continue to drop each day.  ALmost every server is a ghost town.

I am not saying the OP is intentinally lying but his post is nonsense and is backed up by nothing other than mere hope.  The game is still continuing to die.  Even with free playtime there are l,ess people playing everyday.  Their only chance left is to merge servers or otherwise all servers but 4 or 5 will be dead.

Their egos tell them that nothing is wrong.

Why admit your wrong when you have fanboys everywhere defending every stupid thing you do?

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

PyrateLV

Tipster

4/16/12 8:30:01 PM#123
Originally posted by Bunks

Swotor is basically the 200lb girl on the beach with the beauty pagent begining in 10 minutes. With Tera TSW, GW2, and D3 coming in.

It's over....game over....

I wouldnt say SWTOR is a 200lb girl.

Nice looks, but a bit plastic. Average body. Standard Boobjob. Too much make-up. Very shallow in personality. Annoying voice and she has a flat ass and toe-thumbs

Thinks WAAAAY too highly of her $200 million self.

She's a Hoe

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

4/16/12 8:31:07 PM#124

Why admit your wrong when you have fanboys everywhere defending every stupid thing you do?

Pretty much sums up how it was in beta
 If you brought up anything the fanbois didn't like, they'd jump all over your posts.

If I'm a chef, I don't care how many people come to me and tell me how brilliant and tasty my dish's are, the few that come to me and tell me what they didn't like about it are the ones I'm looking to listen to. How else can you improve when you only have those praising you and massaging your ego?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

NeoZcar2

Novice Member

4/16/12 8:33:59 PM#125

It completely amazes me when people think servers with a population of 500 - 1200 players is a strong population. TOR has some of thes smallest populations on their servers when compared to other mainstream MMORPGs and they only have like 11 servers worldwide that are hitting those marks with like 2 - 4 with 1500+ people. Other games like EQ, WoW, EQ2, Aion, RIft had anywhere from 4000 - 10000 players on a server in their hayday.

User Deleted
4/16/12 8:34:28 PM#126

Pretty much sums up how it was in beta
 If you brought up anything the fanbois didn't like, they'd jump all over your posts.

If I'm a chef, I don't care how many people come to me and tell me how brilliant and tasty my dish's are, the few that come to me and tell me what they didn't like about it are the ones I'm looking to listen to. How else can you improve when you only have those praising you and massaging your ego?

i do a lot of writing for extra cash, and the thing i hate to hear is "that's good" or "i liked that bit." because it tells me nothing. i want to hear what bit sucked. what bit was confusing. what didn't you understand?

i want all my errors pointed out in horrid red font. i want you to tell me what's wrong with what i've written.

having said that, the other flipside is those who say, "it fails." and you say, "why?" and they say, "it does."

like that means anything, too.

Greyhooff

Novice Member

4/16/12 8:36:01 PM#127

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Viral-Marketing-Exposed-Big-Buyout-Horizon-40885.html

It just seemed relevant.

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

4/16/12 8:47:40 PM#128
Originally posted by NeoZcar2

It completely amazes me when people think servers with a population of 500 - 1200 players is a strong population. TOR has some of thes smallest populations on their servers when compared to other mainstream MMORPGs and they only have like 11 servers worldwide that are hitting those marks with like 2 - 4 with 1500+ people. Other games like EQ, WoW, EQ2, Aion, RIft had anywhere from 4000 - 10000 players on a server in their hayday.

Indeed. I guess it is the weakness of the Hero Engine. :(

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

ignore_me

Apprentice Member

4/16/12 8:53:44 PM#129
Originally posted by Elikal
Originally posted by NeoZcar2

Indeed. I guess it is the weakness of the Hero Engine. :(

Go to one of the heavy servers and you will see the very real effect on framerate from just having people in same instance of the planet.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

4/16/12 9:00:11 PM#130
Originally posted by Greyhooff

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Viral-Marketing-Exposed-Big-Buyout-Horizon-40885.html

It just seemed relevant.

OMFG

OMFG

OMFG.

Ok, it seems I was naive like a child. Even with all the skepticism I thought I had, I never expected this would really exist, that companies like EA would sent paid trolls to attack critics.

If that is true, I hope EA crashes and burns. IF. I mean, who can say, these days. Everything and nothing can be true.

Damn. Now I can never look a forum poster in the eyes and not doubt his motivations. Damn you Internet!

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

Drakxii

Novice Member

4/16/12 9:08:22 PM#131

It just seemed relevant.

OMFG

OMFG

OMFG.

Ok, it seems I was naive like a child. Even with all the skepticism I thought I had, I never expected this would really exist, that companies like EA would sent paid trolls to attack critics.

If that is true, I hope EA crashes and burns. IF. I mean, who can say, these days. Everything and nothing can be true.

Damn. Now I can never look a forum poster in the eyes and not doubt his motivations. Damn you Internet!

Wonder how much of bioware would know about the paid fanboys?  Or is a case of bioware(and other devs) thinking there games are great because paid fanboys and reviewers tell them so...  

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

Durray

Novice Member

4/16/12 9:09:55 PM#132

Wait so to summarise 13 pages?

1-2 servers had ques.

It was pointed out this game is still bleeding players like an arterial rupture.

Fanbois put on war paint and screamed "BIOWARE!!"

Cynical remarks were exchanged

...and here we are

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

4/16/12 9:11:33 PM#133
Originally posted by Drakxii

It just seemed relevant.

OMFG

OMFG

OMFG.

Wonder how much of bioware would know about the paid fanboys?  Or is a case of bioware(and other devs) thinking there games are great because paid fanboys and reviewers tell them so...  

Where is my tinfoil hat? I need clear thoughts! XD

(EDIT: That all threads about this were immediately closed on MMORPG.com spooked me off even more. How far does the arm of EA reach now! Good riddance...)

bansan

Novice Member

4/16/12 9:55:17 PM#134

It just seemed relevant.

What he said about he acquisitions is completely plausible.  It's very similar to what Bernard Ebbers did with Worldcom, kept merger/acquisitions, and it was very hard for even the professionals to tell if they were healthy or not.  Their revenue (not profit) kept increasing, but they couldn't make a profit.

Rhoklaw

Elite Member

$500 Backer to 2015's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

4/16/12 10:11:50 PM#135

Anyone who thinks EA is a legitimate gaming company hasn't been alive for very long. EA is ruining the gaming industry, specifically PC, probably in hopes of boosting console sales, so they can go back to concentrating on rehashing sports games for another 200 years. I've had doubts with SOE and Funcom, but EA is seriously getting an extreme amount of flak, especially since they were ranked #1 worst company in North America recently @ Forbes.

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

4/16/12 11:09:50 PM#136
Originally posted by bansan

It just seemed relevant.

What he said about he acquisitions is completely plausible.  It's very similar to what Bernard Ebbers did with Worldcom, kept merger/acquisitions, and it was very hard for even the professionals to tell if they were healthy or not.  Their revenue (not profit) kept increasing, but they couldn't make a profit.

Just a sidenote, I would VERY much want to know if that is even legal.

Due to German law, any advertisement MUST be marked as such. Advertising as paid worker for a company without saying so is strictly illegal due to German law, and possibly also in law of the European Union.

I would very much like to know if such form of advertising is illegal in the USA.

EDIT: I looked it up. In the entire European Union, due to a verdict from June 9th 2011 of the European Supreme Court, false advertising is illegal, even if no monetary payment was given, and if that person speaks for a company without saying so. Given by European Court of Justice, case C-52/10 as most recent example. An example given was, if you make a Blog and pretend to just be a private person giving an opinion about a product, praising it, but in fact you are paid from that company, you fulfill the crime of False Advertising, which is illegal in the EU.

User Deleted
4/17/12 12:20:55 AM#137

It just seemed relevant.

OMFG

OMFG

OMFG.

time to stop using the word "fanboi" (thank god) and go to "employed troll"?

Bardus

Novice Member

4/17/12 12:34:25 AM#138

It just seemed relevant.

I don't see many fans trying to debunk this. Did they all get layed off today?

Someone last week must of started burning an EA voodoo doll. 1st all that patch troubles and now the dirt is going public.

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

4/17/12 12:38:07 AM#139
Originally posted by Bardus

It just seemed relevant.

I don't see many fans trying to debunk this. Did they all get layed off today?

Someone last week must of started burning an EA voodoo doll. 1st all that patch troubles and now the dirt is going public.

Sshh don't tell, but it's probably Blizzard's paid trolls. ;)

User Deleted
4/17/12 12:41:19 AM#140

TORtanic in effect but our hearts will go on - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saalGKY7ifU 

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search