Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Elder Scrolls Online | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,539 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,903
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » If you thought Ilum PVP was bad wait till you pvp after 1.2

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
96 posts found
  Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

4/15/12 5:13:28 PM#61

I dont understand this. They had Mythic. Whatever you may say, at least THEY know how to make PVP. Where did all their expertise go to?

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

shadow9d9

Advanced Member

4/15/12 5:36:49 PM#62
Originally posted by Elikal

I dont understand this. They had Mythic. Whatever you may say, at least THEY know how to make PVP. Where did all their expertise go to?

They don't "have" Mythic.  Mythic is now EA.  Mythic as you used to know them ceases to exist.

Alders

Elite Member

I cannot fiddle but I can make a great state of a small city.

4/15/12 5:44:20 PM#63
Originally posted by TwwIX

I wish that they had left PvP completely out of the game or at least from PvE servers. I'd actually still be playing the game and enjoying it like i was during the early closed beta tests. BioWare seems to be under the impression that this is a PvP game when it's clearly not. But, hey. Let's keep pleasing those whiners with more nerfs. Yeah, that should improve the over all experience for everybody.

Don't develop a freaking Star Wars MMO if you can't do PVP correctly.  It's the basis of the entire franchise.  It's not Star Wars without PVP.

Puremallace

Novice Member

4/15/12 5:53:50 PM#64

So a themepark game that has tab targeting is bad at pvp. GO FIGURE! This is like me expecting Rift to put out tons of pvp content and no have people cry. Just go play GW2 when it comes out.

Watching the opposite complaints about GW2 not having any pve end game will be sweet irony. You guys have no clue.

TwwIX

Novice Member

4/15/12 6:10:59 PM#65
Originally posted by Alders

I wish that they had left PvP completely out of the game or at least from PvE servers. I'd actually still be playing the game and enjoying it like i was during the early closed beta tests. BioWare seems to be under the impression that this is a PvP game when it's clearly not. But, hey. Let's keep pleasing those whiners with more nerfs. Yeah, that should improve the over all experience for everybody.

Don't develop a freaking Star Wars MMO if you can't do PVP correctly.  It's the basis of the entire franchise.  It's not Star Wars without PVP.

This was never intended to be a PvPcentric MMO in the first place. Had you actually played the earlier beta versions, you'd know that by now. No, they chose to crowbar the shitty PvP Warzones at last minute and balance it at the cost of what was once a fun PvE experience. Nobody even partakes in the overhyped open world PvP. Gear based PvP, in general, is a fucking joke.

Alders

Elite Member

I cannot fiddle but I can make a great state of a small city.

4/15/12 6:22:20 PM#66

This was never intended to be a PvPcentric MMO in the first place. Had you actually played the earlier beta versions, you'd know that by now.

Actually i was in the friends and family beta for a long time.  I wasn't expecting the game to be PVP centric but i was expecting more of a Star Wars feel.  As soon as i saw Hutball, i knew this was never going to happen.  It's another missed opportunity.

The game was designed for older players with families that may have 1-2 hours a night to play.  No meaningful PVP can come from anything like that.  Again, don't create a game when a universe is required.

Chrome1980

Novice Member

OP  4/15/12 7:18:35 PM#67

This was never intended to be a PvPcentric MMO in the first place. Had you actually played the earlier beta versions, you'd know that by now. No, they chose to crowbar the shitty PvP Warzones at last minute and balance it at the cost of what was once a fun PvE experience. Nobody even partakes in the overhyped open world PvP. Gear based PvP, in general, is a fucking joke.

Maybe it was never intended to be a PVP centric MMO but to deny that PVP was not going to be a huge part of it would be false.

Then 2011 - James Ohlen SWTOR Game Director wrote :

"PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis."

Now

"We have the same entire team dedicated to adding content and feartures for pvp. Prepare to be blow away(again)....... with patch 1.2".

Well you did blew us away twice.. no doubt about that. Sadly players won't be around for the third time.

TeknoBug

Novice Member

4/15/12 9:12:48 PM#68

Warzones are so discouraging now, you get almost nothing for a loss.

TeknoBug

Novice Member

4/15/12 9:14:50 PM#69

Right, develop a game that isn't pvp centric but hire a dev squad that's experienced in pvp development dedicated to pvp.

Mors-Subita

Novice Member

4/15/12 9:23:50 PM#70
Originally posted by Quixote

Bravo BW, you will need to give another free month (based on some random parameter you decide) again next month.

Its not a "random parameter"... Correct me if I am wrong, of course... but didn't they just re-active and/or extend all of these accounts right before they have to provide an official count of their active subscribers to their investors?

I can just imagine the conversation, "Shit! What are we going to do???" "I know. Let's re-activate all of the de-activated accounts from anyone who got a char to max level, and then give everyone with a max level char 30 days free subscription. We can then count all those people as active subscribers!"

Opapanax

Novice Member

Most Morbid One

4/15/12 9:26:53 PM#71
Originally posted by Mors-Subita
Originally posted by Quixote

Bravo BW, you will need to give another free month (based on some random parameter you decide) again next month.

Its not a "random parameter"... Correct me if I am wrong, of course... but didn't they just re-active and/or extend all of these accounts right before they have to provide an official count of their active subscribers to their investors?

I can just imagine the conversation, "Shit! What are we going to do???" "I know. Let's re-activate all of the de-activated accounts from anyone who got a char to max level, and then give everyone with a max level char 30 days free subscription. We can then count all those people as active subscribers!"

I'd write them a personal e-mail to not re-activate my account. For I have uninstalled and don't want their fubar back end system to try and charge me on some bs the following month because I didn't officially cancel after their free month..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Ganksinatra

Advanced Member

4/15/12 9:38:39 PM#72

So to sum up this entire thread:

"Waaaaah, they aren't doing the stuff for PvP that I want in a PvE based game!"

Please stop doing this crap. There are PLENTY of PvP centric MMOs out there. You all constanly complaining about how they won't focus on PvP in a PvE centric game drives the rest of us nuts. We get it, you like to PvP......not everyone does. This is like going into a game like Fallout and complaining that they're not focusing enough on the FPS action. What you whine about is a SMALL part of the game, and never intended to be the dev's only matter to deal with. I watched this same crap happen with WoW, and now all we get every patch is more nerfs to PvE because Player X got his behind handed to him by Class Z, and demands they be nerfed all to hell. Go play GuildWars or any number of the open world PvP games out there if you like PvP so much. Leave the PvE centric games alone.

TeknoBug

Novice Member

4/15/12 10:04:19 PM#73

Originally posted by Ganksinatra

Please stop doing this crap. There are PLENTY of PvP centric MMOs out there. You all constanly complaining about how they won't focus on PvP in a PvE centric game drives the rest of us nuts. We get it, you like to PvP......not everyone does. This is like going into a game like Fallout and complaining that they're not focusing enough on the FPS action. What you whine about is a SMALL part of the game, and never intended to be the dev's only matter to deal with. I watched this same crap happen with WoW, and now all we get every patch is more nerfs to PvE because Player X got his behind handed to him by Class Z, and demands they be nerfed all to hell. Go play GuildWars or any number of the open world PvP games out there if you like PvP so much. Leave the PvE centric games alone.

PvE centric? Why did Bioware partner with Mythic for pvp development and tell us that they're the best MMO pvp dev team in the world? Also they said that ~50% of the playerbase in SWTOR pvp's, they've spent more time tweaking things based on pvp than pve since launch.

Chrome1980

Novice Member

OP  4/16/12 1:18:59 AM#74

I don't hink anyone put a gun to the head of BW to advertise ilum PVP and how they are going to blow away players with PVP in 1.2

Your anger and frustration is misplaced. it is not players fault if BW keeps spouting lies and mis information.

User Deleted
4/16/12 2:54:21 AM#75

As long as THEY advertise they want PvP to be meaningful part of the game (not that they succedeed) YOU arent one to decide how and what to do.

Star wars without PvP=bland drab crappy

If theyve gone route of Turbine and say "PvP will never ever be a major contributor, its side attraction to PvE", well, it wouldnt be SW (which it drifts away slowly anyway).

So yah, go QQ on official boards to stop missadvertising and make SWTOR PvE only game (like LOTRO).

TwwIX

Novice Member

4/16/12 4:34:01 AM#76
Originally posted by mikahr stop missadvertising and make SWTOR PvE only game (like LOTRO).

LOTRO is actually a successful game and has won numerous awards because Turbine knows how to make a fun and enjoyable PvE experience, unlike BioWare.

Ganksinatra

Advanced Member

4/16/12 4:35:23 AM#77
Originally posted by mikahr

As long as THEY advertise they want PvP to be meaningful part of the game (not that they succedeed) YOU arent one to decide how and what to do.

If theyve gone route of Turbine and say "PvP will never ever be a major contributor, its side attraction to PvE", well, it wouldnt be SW (which it drifts away slowly anyway).

So yah, go QQ on official boards to stop missadvertising and make SWTOR PvE only game (like LOTRO).

And here is the mindset I'm talking about. It doesn't HAVE to be one or the other. IT'S NOT. You keep expecting it to be, however. I left the game a month ago. It was boring.  But complaining about PvP on a game that is SO OBVIOUSLY based around PvE (all that PvP voiceover and convo choices gave it away......) is about the most ridiculous thing ever.You all seem to expect this E-sport PvP experience. It's not going to happen. Most games look at what WoW has become trying to force it's Arena system into the realm of an E-sport and wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole. You can tell yourself all day that PvP is a major part of this game, but I bet if we took a poll RIGHT NOW, and asked why people played this game, an OVERWHELMING number would be for PvE, while a small but vocal minority would be for PvP. Like I said.......none of you are gonna be happy until you get your GuildWars2 fix. Just own it and move on.

Chrome1980

Novice Member

OP  4/16/12 4:43:04 AM#78
Originally posted by mikahr

And here is the mindset I'm talking about. It doesn't HAVE to be one or the other. IT'S NOT. You keep expecting it to be, however. I left the game a month ago. It was boring.  But complaining about PvP on a game that is SO OBVIOUSLY based around PvE (all that PvP voiceover and convo choices gave it away......) is about the most ridiculous thing ever.You all seem to expect this E-sport PvP experience. It's not going to happen. Most games look at what WoW has become trying to force it's Arena system into the realm of an E-sport and wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole. You can tell yourself all day that PvP is a major part of this game, but I bet if we took a poll RIGHT NOW, and asked why people played this game, an OVERWHELMING number would be for PvE, while a small but vocal minority would be for PvP. Like I said.......none of you are gonna be happy until you get your GuildWars2 fix. Just own it and move on.

Ofcourse people will expect if BW will make claims like ' we will blow you away with PVP in ilum and 1.2 and that we have our best team working on it'. Now if SWTOR was advertised as pure PVE game i would agree just how i don't take complaints of PVP players in EQ2 seriously or LOTRO.

It is not what players want but what BW advertised to potential customers. Even though not perfect PVP was working fine before 1.2. We were happy doing warzones while waiting for BW to rework on ilum. But now BW has destroyed that option too.

Believe it or not but PVP is a big part of SWTOR and the current world event is proof of that. Now you can try to put all the blame on players but i doubt anyone would agree with you.

User Deleted
4/16/12 6:33:22 AM#79

I will just say this:

After their "mind blowing" statements and delivery of:

Ilum v1,0

Ilum v1,1

WZs in 1,2

They deserve every bash you can think of. And yes, they brought in on themselves by themselves.. And yes, GW2 seems to have PvE and PvP.

Its "mind blowing" i know.

erictlewis

Apprentice Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

4/16/12 6:41:35 AM#80
Originally posted by mikahr stop missadvertising and make SWTOR PvE only game (like LOTRO).

LOTRO is actually a successful game and has won numerous awards because Turbine knows how to make a fun and enjoyable PvE experience, unlike BioWare.

Did you ever play pvp in lotro,  they are the biggest forum whiners about pvp that ever existed,  PVP in lotro was a second though after the game was in beta.  It still is.

I got to ask what awards have they won lately that they did not give to themselves.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search