Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Star Citizen | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,293 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,240
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
48 posts found
  Hrica

Novice Member

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a mystery, and today is a gift"

3/31/12 1:14:24 PM#21

thankfully I was hooked and realed out of this game after seeing I had to pay a subscription to it.

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

3/31/12 1:14:58 PM#22

Can't say that I'm hooked, story lines are mildly entertaining until I find something better to play.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
"People can do with their money what they want. But... that doesn't make it smart" - COORS
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

eddieg50

Elite Member

OP  3/31/12 1:25:48 PM#23
Originally posted by Rednecksith

Bioware's storytelling ability reached its apex with Jade Empire, and has slowly been falling off ever since. This was only hastened when Drew Karpyshyn left the company. It really shows in DA2, ME3, and SWTOR.

As far as being hooked, the Imperial Agent storyline had me hooked for chapter 1, but chapter 2 pretty much lost me. Chapter 3 was better, but by that point I'd honestly stopped caring. I quit the game altogether when they nerfed my class to uselessness (unless you wanted to heal) because of the PvP babies.

Funnily enough, it wasn't until I quit that I started noticing all the little things which I had been overlooking because 'it was STAR WARS!'. But that's another thread entirely.

actually I have never played Jade Empire, I heard that was more of an aciton game rather that story telling, is that true?  Da2 actually has a good story line with political intrigue its just that bioware got lazy and everything in the game looks the same and it was not as good as DA.  ME2 was a great story because Shepard had to gather this crew most of which he had never met before and each one had a mission of there own and a story of their own to tell, because Me3 was a continuation those interesting story lines could not be told again. So the story in me3 was not quite as engaging as me2 however I love the combination of action and story and rpg elements in both me2 and 3.  I would love to see swtor put in a "Jump to lightspeed" space and take out the current space game they have now, if they can put in SWG space and crafting that would be awsome

Sarariel

Advanced Member

3/31/12 1:29:37 PM#24
Originally posted by //\\//\\oo

I was hooked, until I remembered that there was a subscription fee for something that should be a singleplayer game.

That and when I realised how much of the world was just a backround and can;'t be explored.

User Deleted
3/31/12 9:32:06 PM#25

Ive been hooked by BG and original Fallouts. Its been all downhill (more or less steep) from then.

Think that ME3 is last BW game ill buy (and i do have them all), and i said farewell to SWTOR, its just too generic.

Chrisbox

Advanced Member

3/31/12 9:39:08 PM#26

Since when is it wrong on forums to enjoy a games story? Im pretty sure its hard to compare the level of story that bioware delivers in their games, or someone else would have done it before them....and they didnt.

Played-Everything
Playing-FFXIV:ARR

MMOarQQ

Novice Member

"Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain."

3/31/12 9:48:48 PM#27

"Once upon a time, there was this dude. Lots of people wanted this dude dead, but he got strong and beat up the dudes. The dude also uncovered a shady organization that was behind all those dudes that wanted him dead. The dude got laid. The dude had gay sex also. The dude defeated the shady organization and is the hero of all.

-Fin "

Eat your heart out Hepler.

Spaceweed10

Apprentice Member

Where do we go from here?

3/31/12 10:03:44 PM#28

Hard to get hooked on a generic yawn fest of a game with a shockingly bad game engine.

Deathstrike2

Novice Member

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

3/31/12 10:51:27 PM#29

It's the only MMO I'm subscriped to at the moment and I play it pretty regularly, so I guess I could say I'm hooked.  In fact, I really am not looking forward to any game on the horizon at the moment, and I'm satisfied taking my time with SWTOR (level 41 currently).

I'm happy with the graphics, I don't PvP, and I really enjoy the story lines.  There are things about the game that I hope will either be added, improved or changed at some point, but that's normal in all MMOs.

On a side note, I understand that this is a forum, but geez, when someone obviously makes a positive thread about a game, why do so many people feel the need to shit all over it?  We get it.  you don't like the game.  Move on already.  It's probably never going to be something you're interested in, so go support some other MMO instead of constantly trying to tear down the ones you don't like.  

PyrateLV

Tipster

3/31/12 11:43:02 PM#30

Was never hooked

Saw that the worm was plastic so I swam on by.

Cant fool this fish with your cheap wallyworld lures

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

gainesvilleg

Novice Member

3/31/12 11:47:50 PM#31
Originally posted by eddieg50

There comes a time when a Bioware/ black Isle etc game really sinks its teeth into you. I remember in Planescape Torment when the Priestess dug her talons into the nameless ones chest to find out about his past,  or when Morrigans mom turned into a great Dragon and we had to take her down.              I knew Swtor was for me very early on with my Bounty Hunter,  I was given a quest by this MOM to rescue her kid from his  Dad who took the kid because the mom was going to send him off to be a Sith,  and the chances of the kid dieing were good.  Well being a rotten Bounty Hunter I took the quest and when i caught up to the Dad and kid I shot down the dad dead even though he begged me to spare him cause he did not want to see his kid die in the Sith pits. The Kid started crying over his dads dead body and I told the kid to go back to his mom and he the kid would thank me some day.  WOW what great story telling and roll play goodness-I was hooked after that .

You are talking about the story, which was pretty good (for an MMO).  Unfortunately I finished the story within the first month and then saw how poor the PVP was and un-subbed.  Thinking the story was pretty good (for an MMO) is different than "being hooked."  Chess hooked me, I still play.  Civ4 hooked me I still play.  There is no hook in SWTOR unfortunately and I no longer play.

And yeah, I shot the guys dad too.  The wuss tried to wimp out of Sith camp even though it looked like he had the apptitude.  This is war soldier!

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

Greymantle4

Advanced Member

3/31/12 11:51:06 PM#32

The first month I was hooked. The second month I regretted signing up for another month. I was gone by the third month.

eddieg50

Elite Member

OP  4/01/12 11:54:01 AM#33
Originally posted by gainesvilleg

There comes a time when a Bioware/ black Isle etc game really sinks its teeth into you. I remember in Planescape Torment when the Priestess dug her talons into the nameless ones chest to find out about his past,  or when Morrigans mom turned into a great Dragon and we had to take her down.              I knew Swtor was for me very early on with my Bounty Hunter,  I was given a quest by this MOM to rescue her kid from his  Dad who took the kid because the mom was going to send him off to be a Sith,  and the chances of the kid dieing were good.  Well being a rotten Bounty Hunter I took the quest and when i caught up to the Dad and kid I shot down the dad dead even though he begged me to spare him cause he did not want to see his kid die in the Sith pits. The Kid started crying over his dads dead body and I told the kid to go back to his mom and he the kid would thank me some day.  WOW what great story telling and roll play goodness-I was hooked after that .

You are talking about the story, which was pretty good (for an MMO).  Unfortunately I finished the story within the first month and then saw how poor the PVP was and un-subbed.  Thinking the story was pretty good (for an MMO) is different than "being hooked."  Chess hooked me, I still play.  Civ4 hooked me I still play.  There is no hook in SWTOR unfortunately and I no longer play.

And yeah, I shot the guys dad too.  The wuss tried to wimp out of Sith camp even though it looked like he had the apptitude.  This is war soldier!

LOL  actually I was tempted to shoot the kid.  I am a more casual player, I have been playing from the beginning and have 1 main and 3 alts so I have not gotten to end game yet. yes I do agree that the PvP is lame , I think bioware should scrap PvP and just concentrate on the space game

Ankur

Apprentice Member

4/01/12 11:56:12 AM#34

I was hooked till i finished my BH and Smuggler story. but i am not a raider so i will go back and check the game out once new content is added or if i feel like experincing more class stories. For now i got my moneys worth. No regrets.

eddieg50

Elite Member

OP  4/01/12 12:01:09 PM#35
Originally posted by Deathstrike2

It's the only MMO I'm subscriped to at the moment and I play it pretty regularly, so I guess I could say I'm hooked.  In fact, I really am not looking forward to any game on the horizon at the moment, and I'm satisfied taking my time with SWTOR (level 41 currently).

I'm happy with the graphics, I don't PvP, and I really enjoy the story lines.  There are things about the game that I hope will either be added, improved or changed at some point, but that's normal in all MMOs.

On a side note, I understand that this is a forum, but geez, when someone obviously makes a positive thread about a game, why do so many people feel the need to shit all over it?  We get it.  you don't like the game.  Move on already.  It's probably never going to be something you're interested in, so go support some other MMO instead of constantly trying to tear down the ones you don't like.  

People on this forum have very strong views,are very combative and are very loyal to their game.  also a lot of people on this forum have played many mmo's and have not been able to find their niche and thus are a little bitter and want to knock games that people like.  I have knocked other games on these forums and cannot be to offended by others, however I do not like it when people personally insult you. There are many people who love swtor but are afraid to say so cause they are afraid of the haters, I am not in fact I like a good arguement

crabdog

Apprentice Member

4/01/12 12:02:18 PM#36

I was hooked until i finished my character creation.

Then I got dumped into the lifeless trashpile that the game is.

Thankfully it was a beta weekend so I didn't pay money to find how how fail it is.

Siveria

Spotlight Poster

4/01/12 12:04:32 PM#37

I was hooked when on the 2nd day I uninstalled this piece of garbage and moved on to a real game, Oh wait you mean when was I hooked on swtor? hmm never, i was falling asleep my 2nd day in due to how generic and bland the game was after waking up from a normal 8 hr sleep. Went to play some f2p mo iirc that was far more intersting in many ways.. but thats me. Thankfully i was on a beta weekend so I didn't have to waste money on this.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Ankur

Apprentice Member

4/01/12 12:05:18 PM#38

People on this forum have very strong views,are very combative and are very loyal to their game.  also a lot of people on this forum have played many mmo's and have not been able to find their niche and thus are a little bitter and want to knock games that people like.  I have knocked other games on these forums and cannot be to offended by others, however I do not like it when people personally insult you. There are many people who love swtor but are afraid to say so cause they are afraid of the haters, I am not in fact I like a good arguement

I really doubt that. But if people are scared of anonymous internet tough guys and keyboard warriors whom we are never even going to meet face to face than wow... i have no words. But like i said i doubt people are afraid to express themselves if they like swtor just that most of the happy people are busy playing while unhappy people are busy complaining.

Zaltark

Advanced Member

4/01/12 12:12:48 PM#39

I'm happy with the graphics, I don't PvP, and I really enjoy the story lines.

Theres the problem. SWTOR tried to introduce PVP, did it badly(is it alright to say horrible), and didnt come with any guild perks/abilities/anything. If they just took ALL the pvp out and focused on making it a pve game, that would probably be for the best on this game. As it is, less of an MMO, more of a coop singleplayer.

Betaguy

Advanced Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

4/01/12 12:14:05 PM#40

I was hooked until I played it for a month at release.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search