Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,707 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,069
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
48 posts found
  eddieg50

Hard Core Member

OP  3/30/12 11:51:22 AM#1

There comes a time when a Bioware/ black Isle etc game really sinks its teeth into you. I remember in Planescape Torment when the Priestess dug her talons into the nameless ones chest to find out about his past,  or when Morrigans mom turned into a great Dragon and we had to take her down.              I knew Swtor was for me very early on with my Bounty Hunter,  I was given a quest by this MOM to rescue her kid from his  Dad who took the kid because the mom was going to send him off to be a Sith,  and the chances of the kid dieing were good.  Well being a rotten Bounty Hunter I took the quest and when i caught up to the Dad and kid I shot down the dad dead even though he begged me to spare him cause he did not want to see his kid die in the Sith pits. The Kid started crying over his dads dead body and I told the kid to go back to his mom and he the kid would thank me some day.  WOW what great story telling and roll play goodness-I was hooked after that .

User Deleted
3/30/12 4:41:51 PM#2

I was hooked, until I remembered that there was a subscription fee for something that should be a singleplayer game.

User Deleted
3/31/12 4:37:05 AM#3

I was hooked on NWN 1 and its expansions.

Far better game than SWTOR will ever be.

JoeyMMO

Advanced Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

3/31/12 4:42:01 AM#4
Originally posted by eddieg50

There comes a time when a Bioware/ black Isle etc game really sinks its teeth into you. I remember in Planescape Torment when the Priestess dug her talons into the nameless ones chest to find out about his past,  or when Morrigans mom turned into a great Dragon and we had to take her down.              I knew Swtor was for me very early on with my Bounty Hunter,  I was given a quest by this MOM to rescue her kid from his  Dad who took the kid because the mom was going to send him off to be a Sith,  and the chances of the kid dieing were good.  Well being a rotten Bounty Hunter I took the quest and when i caught up to the Dad and kid I shot down the dad dead even though he begged me to spare him cause he did not want to see his kid die in the Sith pits. The Kid started crying over his dads dead body and I told the kid to go back to his mom and he the kid would thank me some day.  WOW what great story telling and roll play goodness-I was hooked after that .

Is this a sarcastic stab at the quality of BW storytelling? If it isn't, then I'm sorry for you.

User Deleted
3/31/12 4:44:40 AM#5

the CGI vids, but beta helped me to find out the game wasn't for me

Pivotelite

Novice Member

3/31/12 4:50:23 AM#6
Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Is this a sarcastic stab at the quality of BW storytelling? If it isn't, then I'm sorry for you.

It is not I can assure you that, this guy has been avidly defending SW:TOR for its story telling qualities on other games general discussions.

Ankur

Apprentice Member

3/31/12 4:52:21 AM#7
Originally posted by Pivotelite

It is not I can assure you that, this guy has been avidly defending SW:TOR for its story telling qualities.

So? a lot of people out there like BW's storytelling. I think they have as much right to defend it as you when it comes to everything and any thing Tera.

eddieg50

Hard Core Member

OP  3/31/12 11:03:07 AM#8

It is not I can assure you that, this guy has been avidly defending SW:TOR for its story telling qualities on other games general discussions.

thank you Piv!, hey what can I tell you all, I just love the stories that bioware, black isle, cdproject, bethesda (tell me you did not love the story in fallout 3-it was great) , I was just choosing an example of a very early quest that got me hooked on the game, other quests were not as good and many were just as good  or  better, but Bioware is the only one with the kahoonies to try something like this and for the most part (get rid of the PvP and concentrate on the Space Game) they have succeeded.

Now all that being said I am not of the mind that bioware can do no wrong.. PvP especially Hutt ball is weak, the space game while having fun elements to it is not nearly as good or fleshed out as the ground game (if you look at a game like STO it is just the oppisite), crafting is the same old crafting-no inovation here, But IMO bioware does such an outstanding job on Story, voice overs, cut scenes, Plot, sound, companions and small group play with socials that the other stuff with the exception of Space because after all this is STAR wars does not matter

JimyHumuHumu

Advanced Member

3/31/12 11:12:39 AM#9

thank you Piv!, hey what can I tell you all, I just love the stories that bioware, black isle, cdproject, bethesda (tell me you did not love the story in fallout 3-it was great) , I was just choosing an example of a very early quest that got me hooked on the game, other quests were not as good and many werejust as good  or  better, but Bioware is the only one with the kahoonies to try something like this and for the most part (get rid of the PvP and concentrate on the Space Game) they have succeeded

Erm no they are the only ones with money to do somehting like this, and they got rid of pvp because they couldnt get it going, their space game is a joke. Many other companies would actually be capable of making a fully working product, with pvp, real in depth space system, and much much more, if they only were able to pump as much money in a game.

And yea, i also applaud them for getting rid of pvp. Such a feat, im sure many other games will follow their example. They should also get rid of crafting alltogether, i dont like to craft, would be a huge plus in my books.

God ive seen people defend games they like in many weird ways, but you must be the first one who actually is happy to defend it with something like removal of x or y feature.So kudos to you, 10 for inovation. 

Drakxii

Novice Member

3/31/12 11:19:24 AM#10

thank you Piv!, hey what can I tell you all, I just love the stories that bioware, black isle, cdproject, bethesda (tell me you did not love the story in fallout 3-it was great) , I was just choosing an example of a very early quest that got me hooked on the game, other quests were not as good and many were just as good  or  better, but Bioware is the only one with the kahoonies to try something like this and for the most part (get rid of the PvP and concentrate on the Space Game) they have succeeded.

Really?  Your really going to defend the story telling in SWTOR by saying how great of a story bethesda's game have?  Then instead of picking out one of there games with an interesting story Morrowind/Skyrim, you point out of the with one of the stupidest main plots ever...

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

eddieg50

Hard Core Member

OP  3/31/12 11:25:58 AM#11
Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu

thank you Piv!, hey what can I tell you all, I just love the stories that bioware, black isle, cdproject, bethesda (tell me you did not love the story in fallout 3-it was great) , I was just choosing an example of a very early quest that got me hooked on the game, other quests were not as good and many werejust as good  or  better, but Bioware is the only one with the kahoonies to try something like this and for the most part (get rid of the PvP and concentrate on the Space Game) they have succeeded

Erm no they are the only ones with money to do somehting like this, and they got rid of pvp because they couldnt get it going, their space game is a joke. Many other companies would actually be capable of making a fully working product, with pvp, real in depth space system, and much much more, if they only were able to pump as much money in a game.

And yea, i also applaud them for getting rid of pvp. Such a feat, im sure many other games will follow their example. They should also get rid of crafting alltogether, i dont like to craft, would be a huge plus in my books.

God ive seen people defend games they like in many weird ways, but you must be the first one who actually is happy to defend it with something like removal of x or y feature.So kudos to you, 10 for inovation. 

uhhh PvP has not been removed from swtor, and yes you can find both good and bad in a game and still like it, or dis like it, for example Tera has very good combat but the story is so bad that I would have to put it in the dis like column for me, but I can still praise its combat

Zaltark

Advanced Member

3/31/12 11:27:25 AM#12

I dont think anyone visiting this website is 'hooked' on SWTOR. If they were, they wouldnt be here. This is for 'homeless' MMO vets.

eddieg50

Hard Core Member

OP  3/31/12 11:28:45 AM#13
Originally posted by Drakxii

Really?  Your really going to defend the story telling in SWTOR by saying how great of a story bethesda's game have?  Then instead of picking out one of there games with an interesting story Morrowind/Skyrim, you point out of the with one of the stupidest main plots ever...

Hey to each his own, now most bethesda games are free roaming games  with average quests but very strong rpg elements,. I did think that Fallout 3 had better quests than usual and the story was quirky and fun

BartDaCat

Novice Member

Gamer Forums, where "First World Problems" are our specialty!

3/31/12 11:29:49 AM#14
Originally posted by Zaltark

I dont think anyone visiting this website is 'hooked' on SWTOR. If they were, they wouldnt be here. This is for 'homeless' MMO vets.

::GASP!::  Bite your tongue!  I'm here because I was the only guild member not drinking while raiding last night, and I woke up early!

But to answer the main topic:  I wasn't quite hooked, but definitely curious where things would go.

I was a fan of BioWare, the thought of a Star Wars based MMO was enticing, and I always did want to shoot purple lightning from my fingers.

I was disappointed in the Sith Inquisitor storyline at first, but once I completed the first chapter, I was what I guess you would call, "hooked."  I wanted to see how it would continue to play out. 

EDIT:  Notice how vague I kept that last part about Chapter 1, NO SPOILERS!

eddieg50

Hard Core Member

OP  3/31/12 11:34:55 AM#15
Originally posted by Zaltark

LOL   actually one of the reasons I come onto mmorpg.com is because I like to argue. 

Drakxii

Novice Member

3/31/12 11:41:15 AM#16

Hey to each his own, now most bethesda games are free roaming games  with average quests but very strong rpg elements,. I did think that Fallout 3 had better quests than usual and the story was quirky and fun

Nothing wrong with... most of F3 side quests(The village of children that lasted 200 years?... huh?) but the over all story is just dumb and full of plot holes.  (Like many of SWTOR's quests)

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

darker70

Advanced Member

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

3/31/12 11:45:20 AM#17

Short answer i wriggled of the hook at Beta2,also should be interesting how many people actually stuck with this because there must be one hell of a drop of  rate after the first free month.

Zaltark

Advanced Member

3/31/12 11:48:02 AM#18

Dun get me wrong. I bought the books for SWTOR, I read them. I bought the preorder asap. I registered 2years before it was released. I WANTED it to be awesome. But with all the instancing, I just felt it wasnt an MMO.

Rednecksith

Apprentice Member

Bite my fiery metal ass!

3/31/12 12:05:34 PM#19

Bioware's storytelling ability reached its apex with Jade Empire, and has slowly been falling off ever since. This was only hastened when Drew Karpyshyn left the company. It really shows in DA2, ME3, and SWTOR.

As far as being hooked, the Imperial Agent storyline had me hooked for chapter 1, but chapter 2 pretty much lost me. Chapter 3 was better, but by that point I'd honestly stopped caring. I quit the game altogether when they nerfed my class to uselessness (unless you wanted to heal) because of the PvP babies.

Funnily enough, it wasn't until I quit that I started noticing all the little things which I had been overlooking because 'it was STAR WARS!'. But that's another thread entirely.

meltingstars

Novice Member

3/31/12 12:08:06 PM#20

At "Star Wars"

After playing the game I missed Jedi Academy.

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search