Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,624 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,958
Wizard101 (W101)
KingsIsle Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/02/08)  | Pub:KingsIsle Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$09.95
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:E10+Out of date info? Let us know!

Wizard101 Forum » General Discussion » Why does this game suddenly have a huge number of hits?

4 posts found
  Quizzical

Guide

OP  11/18/12 9:02:58 PM#1

On the home page, it currently says that WIzard 101 has 137,363 hits this month, which is fifth most.  111,265 of those hits have come within the last week, which is second most.  It's listed as a "trending game" in the top bar for this site.

Meanwhile, there's basically no activity here.  It does have one feature in the last month, but that was a little over a month ago, and not in the last week.  Before this post, this forum section had only gotten seven forum posts total (six on one thread, one on another) in the last month and a half.  So it's not like there's a ton of player interest, as with, say, Guild Wars 2.

I have nothing against the game, really.  But I suspect that there's something fishy going on with bots.

Sephros

Apprentice Member

11/18/12 9:50:20 PM#2
Yeah, there couldnt possibly other players in this world besides mmorpg.comers. If it aint popular here then it must be a scam.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
Press F1 to continue......

Kenze

Novice Member

11/18/12 9:53:39 PM#3

mmorpg just had a in game item giveaway that could have some thing to do with it.

but Id put on the tin foil hat just in case if i were you :)

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

Quizzical

Guide

OP  11/19/12 9:50:43 PM#4
Originally posted by Kenze

mmorpg just had a in game item giveaway that could have some thing to do with it.

but Id put on the tin foil hat just in case if i were you :)

Thanks.  That probably explains it.