Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,843,894 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,635
Star Vault | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/09/10)  | Pub:Star Vault
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Mortal Online Forum » General Discussion » MO has one of the best combat{Video inside}

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
66 posts found
  StarI

Hard Core Member

3/05/14 11:50:48 PM#61
Originally posted by Azzras
Looked like it might be fun from what I could watch, but I had to stop because it was making me dizzy and I felt nauseated.  First time watching a video has made me feel that way.  wtf?

That is not ok, beter go visit your local doctor.

Incomparable

Advanced Member

3/06/14 12:00:47 AM#62

Im not judging on the combat but omre on the scenario.

There should be ranged combat to take on a spear chucker. He has no shield as well.

Also the environment does not offer proper cover when moving in on ranged. Maybe the mountain itself is not suitable for a person to be in the open... but if this were real life, then someone dealing with ranged combat, it would be part of their training to never be caught in such an open and exposing environment.

Thus, the game should offer proper environments that ranged would have a hard time to target their prey, and the person using cover to manuveur and then using ranged or moving with the cover in on their target for melee damage.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

Toferio

Apprentice Member

3/06/14 4:43:20 AM#63
Originally posted by StarI
Originally posted by Azzras
Looked like it might be fun from what I could watch, but I had to stop because it was making me dizzy and I felt nauseated.  First time watching a video has made me feel that way.  wtf?

That is not ok, beter go visit your local doctor.

I can kinda relate to that, the tree chopping animation made me seasick. 

YoungCaesar

Apprentice Member

3/06/14 7:58:09 PM#64
Originally posted by Incomparable

Im not judging on the combat but omre on the scenario.

There should be ranged combat to take on a spear chucker. He has no shield as well.

Also the environment does not offer proper cover when moving in on ranged. Maybe the mountain itself is not suitable for a person to be in the open... but if this were real life, then someone dealing with ranged combat, it would be part of their training to never be caught in such an open and exposing environment.

Thus, the game should offer proper environments that ranged would have a hard time to target their prey, and the person using cover to manuveur and then using ranged or moving with the cover in on their target for melee damage.

theres all kinds of terrain with lots of obstacles to hide from ranged combat/magic, but in this case they were fighting on the open field....

psykobilly

Novice Member

3/08/14 7:23:14 PM#65
Originally posted by YoungCaesar
Even Henrik himself has said that prediciton will never be perfect in this kind of massive game with skill based combat... and in my opinion, its not that bad as your making it out to be and very much playable... what you describe (someone hitting u from 50 mters) happens very rarely and it probably has to do with the ping of that person or a server lag, but it DOESNT happen regularly in combat... 

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Back in beta there were no prediction issues.  The true history of the game that all beta vets know is that sometime just after release, SV released a patch that completely broke the game.  The devs openly admitted to us (privately) that they couldn't figure out what changed, and couldn't fix it back to the way it was.

Combat in beta was good... it was like the way darkfall is now - the person was actually where you saw them.  And speaking of Darkfall there you see combat with no prediction issues.  Planetside 2 - HUGELY massive combat with no prediction issues.  It's the coder + a shitty engine that is the problem, not the scope of the game.  

I already pointed out that in the combat video that this thread is about... the guy blocking is always blocking in the wrong direction. This kind of shit never happens in other, much more massive games.  50 meters no, but 10 meters yes all the time.

Anubisan

Hard Core Member

3/10/14 12:40:01 PM#66

There was a time when what you said was true, but the prediction issues you mention have been long since fixed for the most part...

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search