Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,619 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,948
Star Vault | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/09/10)  | Pub:Star Vault
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Mortal Online Forum » General Discussion » Starvault posts continued loses for 2013 (Full year and Q4)

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
52 posts found
  Lahuzer

Advanced Member

Sit on my face and tell me that you love me...

3/01/14 5:10:12 PM#21
Well he ain't lying. It has been launched for testing. It hasn't gone live yet. To me there is a difference and quite easy to spot. Sure the wording ain't the best, and he acknowledge this. But try bringing this issue to a court and see if it holds...
  Anubisan

Hard Core Member

3/01/14 5:23:03 PM#22
Originally posted by Lahuzer
Well he ain't lying. It has been launched for testing. It hasn't gone live yet. To me there is a difference and quite easy to spot. Sure the wording ain't the best, and he acknowledge this. But try bringing this issue to a court and see if it holds...

This. I know for a fact that it is being tested right now. Granted, the language that was used is a bit misleading, but honestly it's not the huge deal people are making of it. The statement was directed towards investors, not the community playing the game.

Unfortunately it could take a little while for this patch to go out because they are also touching up the entire Myrland map at the same time. This will be a big update when it's finished and will make it easier for them to add new lands outside the main continent.

Slapshot1188

Elite Member

OP  3/02/14 5:59:22 AM#23
Originally posted by argirop
 "Nystrom tells the truth and the fact that lied a gazilion times in the past is irrelevant and doesnt count nor the fact that playerbase cought him lying again with his pants down".

Yes but don't you see?  He didn't really MEAN what he said! He meant to say something else. but somehow it came out wrong on the report!  Therefore we should trust him that he meant to say something else, and thus it's not a lie!  And the fact that the company, the CEO and some of the fans have a documented HISTORY of saying things that ummm... don't turn out to happen, should not factor into this conversation!

One of the only parts of the report that is proven factual is the chart I linked above.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

3/02/14 6:45:55 AM#24
Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Yes but don't you see?  He didn't really MEAN what he said! He meant to say something else. but somehow it came out wrong on the report!  Therefore we should trust him that he meant to say something else, and thus it's not a lie!  And the fact that the company, the CEO and some of the fans have a documented HISTORY of saying things that ummm... don't turn out to happen, should not factor into this conversation!

One of the only parts of the report that is proven factual is the chart I linked above.

No. I try this once more. It HAS launched on test server, so he ain't lying. It's actually quite easy to understand. Dunno why you can't grasp this simple fact.

Slapshot1188

Elite Member

OP  3/02/14 9:45:39 AM#25
Originally posted by argirop
 "Nystrom tells the truth and the fact that lied a gazilion times in the past is irrelevant and doesnt count nor the fact that playerbase cought him lying again with his pants down".

No. I try this once more. It HAS launched on test server, so he ain't lying. It's actually quite easy to understand. Dunno why you can't grasp this simple fact.

So we can say that games like Camelot Unchained and  Shroud of the Avatar have LAUNCHED because they are on a test server testing parts of the game?   Please, the depths this discussion has sunk to are laughable.

We don't need to redefine what the definition of LAUNCHED is.  Everyone knows what it means and it doesn't mean on an internal "test server" with a  dozen people with an unknown ETA.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

3/02/14 10:13:32 AM#26

So we can say that games like Camelot Unchained and  Shroud of the Avatar have LAUNCHED because they are on a test server testing parts of the game?   Please, the depths this discussion has sunk to are laughable.

We don't need to redefine what the definition of LAUNCHED is.  Everyone knows what it means and it doesn't mean on an internal "test server" with a  dozen people with an unknown ETA.

This wasn't a game. This was a UPGRADE to the ENGINE. BIG difference. The game is alive and kicking.

crysent

Novice Member

3/02/14 10:26:30 AM#27

I would love a privately ran Mortal Online.  

When the game was in middle beta it was so much fun.  The most fun I've ever had an a MMO.  When resources were simple to get and NPCs crafted for you.  There was constant small and large scale PvP all over the place.  It was so much fun.

Then they introduced the various crafting, resource gathering time sinks...add in all the exploits that have been used over the games existence (dupes, hacks, exploits) and you have a mess of a situation.  One day it hit me..I was spending hours and hours gathering resources, crafting and gearing myself and guildies, only to get killed by someone using the ghost armor exploit, or who had ungodly amount of resources as a result of duping.

Thinking of the flying exploit and speed hacks used early on as well by pks to mass pk.  It was just a massive mess.  Essentially players who followed the rules were at a HUGE disadvantage to those who did not.  Add in that SV was notoriously slow to respond to exploits and hacks in game, and rumors abound of gm flirtation with certain notorious guilds.

I'm telling you, if they took it back to middle beta, when resources were easy to find and npcs took care of crafting I'd rebuy the game and pay 20.00 a month.  

This game could (and could have) do much better, but that would involve SV realizing and admiting to all the mistakes they have made.  This game, in its current state is so far beyond saving IMO: there only hope would be to re-release it, like FFXIV after significant revamps and wipes of everything:  MO should be a PvP game, get rid of the absurd crafting systems and resources gathering crap.

Toferio

Apprentice Member

3/02/14 11:07:16 AM#28

This wasn't a game. This was a UPGRADE to the ENGINE. BIG difference. The game is alive and kicking.

Doesn't really matter whether it is about a game, a patch or an upgrade. When you say it's launched - it means it's on the live, public server, not on a test server, period. Don't go twisting around established terms, thank you.

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

3/02/14 11:15:56 AM#29
Originally posted by Toferio

Doesn't really matter whether it is about a game, a patch or an upgrade. When you say it's launched - it means it's on the live, public server, not on a test server, period. Don't go twisting around established terms, thank you.

I'm saying that he didn't say where it was launched, just that it was launched, so you can't say it's a straight up lie, cause it ain't. Bad wording? Sure. But not a lie. If not. Feel free to sue them, and let's see if it holds in court. Good luck with that..

Slapshot1188

Elite Member

OP  3/02/14 11:54:16 AM#30

This quote from the programmer (this week) should really put the silly and futile argument to bed.  For those wondering Myrland is the current continent so he is talking about screenshots of the current continent with the new engine:

1. Sebastian PerssonDeveloper

Agamenon said:

Thanks.

When we see any screens about, new engine,TC and the new continent?

I could take a SS of the new Myrland but it's not finished at all and I'm not sure it will do the upgrade justice.

No matter how hard a select few try to gloss over things, facts will always come out.

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

3/02/14 11:59:57 AM#31

This quote from the programmer (this week) should really put the silly and futile argument to bed.  For those wondering Myrland is the current continent so he is talking about screenshots of the current continent with the new engine:

Agamenon said:

Thanks.

I could take a SS of the new Myrland but it's not finished at all and I'm not sure it will do the upgrade justice.

No matter how hard a select few try to gloss over things, facts will always come out.

He says it ain't finished and the screens the guy want, will not do the new engine upgrade justice. What's wrong with that? This just shows the engine upgrade is done to test server, but since it ain't completed, the screenshot wouldn't show the engine upgrade in full bloom.

Slapshot1188

Elite Member

OP  3/04/14 1:01:07 PM#32

Agamenon said: ?

Thanks.

He says it ain't finished and the screens the guy want, will not do the new engine upgrade justice. What's wrong with that? This just shows the engine upgrade is done to test server, but since it ain't completed, the screenshot wouldn't show the engine upgrade in full bloom.

I cannot follow this logic so I will just let them stand (along with the financial chart) for folks to evaluate on their own.

User Deleted
3/14/14 10:49:51 AM#33
Originally posted by deathshroud
yet the game still continues

Not on its own, it's been a commercial failure since release with 3.5+ years in the RED. The game could have zero population and Henrik would still keep it running out of sheer vanity.

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

3/14/14 10:58:28 AM#34

Thanks.

I cannot follow this logic so I will just let them stand (along with the financial chart) for folks to evaluate on their own.

What logic? It's right there in the quote you posted. Pretty straight forward if you ask me. It's alittle funny when you call it fact, when it speaks in favor of what me and others said all along. So, I'm fine with letting these facts stand...

User Deleted
3/14/14 11:05:09 AM#35

Thanks.

What logic?

You missed the point entirely.

McJer84

Apprentice Member

3/14/14 11:10:24 AM#36
Ive actually thought of going back and playing the game a bit. I started at launch and it was buggy as hell. However when I forgot to cancel my sub they charged me for the next month. I sent in an email asking for my 15 bucks back and they pretty much told me to go fuck myself. I know it was my fault, but I would have gone back and played again by now had they simply refunded my money.
  Nephaerius

Apprentice Member

3/14/14 11:12:15 AM#37

Thanks.

What logic? It's right there in the quote you posted. Pretty straight forward if you ask me. It's alittle funny when you call it fact, when it speaks in favor of what me and others said all along. So, I'm fine with letting these facts stand...

If the engine upgrade is launched then it should be done right?  Oh wait.....  I forgot launched meant we have an incomplete version of it on the test server....

Twitter: @Nephaerius
Steam: Neph
Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

3/14/14 11:12:51 AM#38
Originally posted by ilives

Thanks.

What logic?

You missed the point entirely.

Rly? Why don't you tell what was wrong with how I interpreted what Sebastian said, to how Slappy did? Wheres the logic? I only see two people interpreting a quote differently. Help me out, ohh wise Banana...

Slapshot1188

Elite Member

OP  3/14/14 1:25:03 PM#39

Thanks.

I rest my case :-) 

Slapshot1188

Elite Member

OP  3/14/14 1:27:14 PM#40
Originally posted by Nephaerius

Thanks.

If the engine upgrade is launched then it should be done right?  Oh wait.....  I forgot launched meant we have an incomplete version of it on the test server....

You understand that.  I understand that.  99.9% of the population understand that.  Some people want to debate what the meaning of "is", is.  Best not to argue and just let folks read what was written above.  It speaks for itself.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search