Trending Games | EverQuest Next | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | World of Warcraft

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,754 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,464
Star Vault | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/09/10)  | Pub:Star Vault
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Mortal Online Forum » General Discussion » Is the lore behind MO vaporelore??

9 posts found
  darthturtle1

Apprentice Member

Joined: 12/02/11
Posts: 214

 
OP  1/10/12 6:13:11 PM#1

In a recent thread I brought the question to Theia, why will SV not release the lore behind Mortal Online even if it is in Swedish.  We all can find a translator, and I am sure that Swedish players would translate it for free.  His response was "Bizarre you raise this as we were literally discussing this a few hours ago. We've previously already asked the Game Designer, for exactly this.  We were told 'no, sorry'. "

 

It just solidifies my belief that SV is making the lore up on the spot.  There has never been a reason why creatures invade towns or what or who these new demons are.  I fully believe it is just SV ad hocing things to do for the current bored player base.

SV has used players before to do things for them in and out of the game.  I do not see any real reason or was not given a sufficient answer from THeia as to why they won't release it in Swedish since it is taking them 5 years to translate it.

  cyress8

Novice Member

Joined: 9/25/05
Posts: 866

BOOYAKA!

1/10/12 6:18:05 PM#2

An mmoRPG without lore, is that even possible? I think they are trying to divide by 0. I swear to God they are.

BOOYAKA!

  Najwalaylah

Novice Member

Joined: 6/21/09
Posts: 77

What is simple is not always obvious.

1/03/14 9:09:10 PM#3


Originally posted by cyress8
An mmoRPG without lore, is that even possible? I think they are trying to divide by 0. I swear to God they are.
Sounds legit.

All this time later, your answer and the one above are the best ones we yet have.

Casilda Tametomo, Posthorn-Bearer, Priestess of Soldeus | AKA [AI] Lepida
«Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

  Jacxolope

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/15/13
Posts: 762

1/03/14 9:18:44 PM#4
Originally posted by darthturtle1

In a recent thread I brought the question to Theia, why will SV not release the lore behind Mortal Online even if it is in Swedish.  We all can find a translator, and I am sure that Swedish players would translate it for free.  His response was "Bizarre you raise this as we were literally discussing this a few hours ago. We've previously already asked the Game Designer, for exactly this.  We were told 'no, sorry'. "

 

It just solidifies my belief that SV is making the lore up on the spot.  There has never been a reason why creatures invade towns or what or who these new demons are.  I fully believe it is just SV ad hocing things to do for the current bored player base.

SV has used players before to do things for them in and out of the game.  I do not see any real reason or was not given a sufficient answer from THeia as to why they won't release it in Swedish since it is taking them 5 years to translate it.

Man, shows how much YOU know.

 

The Lore is there man...Its made. Its the best Lore you have ever heard (er...Not heard) but its not written in Swedish. Its ADVANCED SWEDISH. Duh.

Thats like trying to play an Advanced D&DE Module while only having the Red Box of Basic D&D. Impossible, I tell you.

They dont call it "Advanced Swedish" for the hell of it. 

 

So yes. The Lore is there. Its comprehensive and it makes Tolkien or Robert Jordons shit look like a Saturday Night Live skit complexity wise. But you cant see it. And that doesnt mean ts not there....

 

Give em a break. Small team.

  Robokapp

Hard Core Member

Joined: 11/15/09
Posts: 4817

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

1/03/14 9:28:54 PM#5
this thread is fairly old...the small team had plenty of time.

  Jacxolope

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/15/13
Posts: 762

1/03/14 9:32:54 PM#6
Originally posted by Robokapp
this thread is fairly old...the small team had plenty of time.

They were busy doing...Stuff.

Important stuff too.

Plus there was space in the pre-order art book where you could write your own lore. Thats what the blank pages for for. Hey look- behind you!!!!!!!

*ducks away and runs off

  Solar_Prophet

Hard Core Member

Joined: 11/10/13
Posts: 730

WAAAGH!

1/03/14 9:37:58 PM#7
Originally posted by Jacxolope
Originally posted by Robokapp
this thread is fairly old...the small team had plenty of time.

They were busy doing...Stuff.

Important stuff too.

Plus there was space in the pre-order art book where you could write your own lore. Thats what the blank pages for for. Hey look- behind you!!!!!!!

*ducks away and runs off

Well, to be fair I think it's fitting that a sandbox game would come with a sandbox book.

Example of a common core math problem: If you have four pencils and seven apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple. Because aliens don't wear hats.

  Najwalaylah

Novice Member

Joined: 6/21/09
Posts: 77

What is simple is not always obvious.

1/03/14 9:53:36 PM#8


Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
Well, to be fair I think it's fitting that a sandbox game would come with a sandbox book.
That stuff in an Etch-a-Sketch is a kind of sand, right?

Etch-a-Sketch

Casilda Tametomo, Posthorn-Bearer, Priestess of Soldeus | AKA [AI] Lepida
«Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

  Amana

MMORPG.COM Staff

Joined: 1/03/11
Posts: 2417

1/04/14 2:39:46 PM#9
Guys, don't necro old threads. Link to an older thread in a new one if you want to discuss the same topic.

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com