Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,161 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,179
Star Vault | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/09/10)  | Pub:Star Vault
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Mortal Online Forum » General Discussion » Steam news made shares up 366% (as of now)

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  wmada2k

Novice Member

OP  9/10/13 4:01:54 PM#21

The share closed at .47 SEK. That is +67,86% and todays winner! 

Who could have seen that coming!

Anubisan

Novice Member

9/11/13 12:17:46 PM#22
There is no way to twist this news, however positive it may be, that people on this site will not attack. There is an unhealthy hatred for MO on this forum... borderline obsessive.
  Jacxolope

Advanced Member

9/11/13 1:05:37 PM#23
Originally posted by wmada2k

The share closed at .47 SEK. That is +67,86% and todays winner! 

Who could have seen that coming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLIgjB9gGw

EDIT- Under Henriks leadership we can expect nothing less than greatness and success as is evident by the roaring stock price and stellar game (which works as intended...really)- Now stockholders can celebrate another rally. Man, I am kicking myself now for not investing in such a sure bet.

psykobilly

Novice Member

9/11/13 5:44:44 PM#24
Originally posted by Anubisan
There is no way to twist this news, however positive it may be, that people on this site will not attack. There is an unhealthy hatred for MO on this forum... borderline obsessive.

Spoken like someone who knows nothing of the history of the game.

I actually tried to download the game again recently to see where it's at...  as soon as I realized I have to download years of patches after the initial download, I just deleted everything.  How can a company be so inept as to not have a 'snapshot' release that includes recent patches.

If people on steam have to download patches for two days after the initial download, the backlash will be intense.

Anubisan

Novice Member

9/11/13 7:00:03 PM#25
Originally posted by psykobilly

I actually tried to download the game again recently to see where it's at...  as soon as I realized I have to download years of patches after the initial download, I just deleted everything.  How can a company be so inept as to not have a 'snapshot' release that includes recent patches.

If people on steam have to download patches for two days after the initial download, the backlash will be intense.

Spoken like one of the individuals I was referring to...

I have actually been playing the game off and on since beta block B. And I am subbed now. I wonder how recently all the haters on this forum have actually played it? My guess is it's been a long time...

And by the way, I recently re-installed the game after I bought a new PC. I encountered 0 problems and it took me only a few hours to download and patch the entire thing. Totally standard for an MMORPG. Go figure.

Toferio

Apprentice Member

9/12/13 2:04:34 AM#26
Originally posted by psykobilly

Spoken like one of the individuals I was referring to...

I have actually been playing the game off and on since beta block B. And I am subbed now. I wonder how recently all the haters on this forum have actually played it? My guess is it's been a long time...

And by the way, I recently re-installed the game after I bought a new PC. I encountered 0 problems and it took me only a few hours to download and patch the entire thing. Totally standard for an MMORPG. Go figure.

Congratulations on missing his point, like a true MO fan :P

Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

9/12/13 11:33:26 AM#27

Here are the facts:

1. Less than 3000 people on the entire planet find this game worth a sub fee.

2. Anyone who purchased stock in this company before the game launched has seen the value of that investment go down dramatically.

3. SV has NEVER had a profitable quarter financially (that I know of)

Getting a greenlight on steam will have very little affect on the game, it has been free for some time now and even that did not improve the quarterly financial statements.  The people who use steam and do not follow other gaming forums like this one are not the type who are going to enjoy the long download, bugs, ganking and lack of direction in MO.  

raff01

Novice Member

9/13/13 2:45:53 PM#28

you do realise how pathetic 0.3SEK actually is? And consider this is the highest it will get. it will be back to 0,1 soon enough...and regardless, wether its 0.3 or 0,1 it doesn't make any difference given how low its gotten.

MO has never come close to breaking even and never will.

Its all a matter of how long they can keep losing money before they actually have to sell the hardware, thus shutting the server down.

Shyatic

Novice Member

9/16/13 1:40:28 PM#29
Originally posted by raff01

you do realise how pathetic 0.3SEK actually is? And consider this is the highest it will get. it will be back to 0,1 soon enough...and regardless, wether its 0.3 or 0,1 it doesn't make any difference given how low its gotten.

MO has never come close to breaking even and never will.

Its all a matter of how long they can keep losing money before they actually have to sell the hardware, thus shutting the server down.

When you have a father who will subsidize his son's stupid endeavors no matter how much they lose, then it can go on for a long time... 

2 Pages « 1 2 Search