Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,721 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,863
Star Vault | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/09/10)  | Pub:Star Vault
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Mortal Online Forum » General Discussion » The least flawed: DF:UW v MO

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  2/21/13 1:37:14 AM#21
Originally posted by Toferio
Never include "show results" in a poll, that's a sure way to make it useless :P

I added this option because I know that a lot of people have not played both MO and the DFUW beta. Some of those people would want to see results and would thus vote to do so. Therefore, allowing those people an option to just see results seemed the best way to go.

On your second point about waiting for DFUW to release, I don't think it's necessary because (A) we have no idea when it will release, and (B) people who have played both MO and the DFUW beta will be able to give a reasonable answer to the question asked.

And seriously, I'm not fishing for any answers. I realize that both of these are niche games now and so a lot of people who are interested in ffa pvp will have relevant experience with both. I just want to see what people think and why. I've had good times in DFO and MO. I haven't played MO since Awakening and I only played a little of DFUW beta right after it opened. So I'm just curious.

StarI

Hard Core Member

2/21/13 2:45:14 AM#22

i have to agree, I find it a rather bad comparison too, as UW is a rebuild of a game so technicaly it is a new game and not even released as such. Tho it really isn't that new, there's lots of rehashed stuff - having access to beta there's some exact bugs  that I've seen in original DF and I'm sure it's there because of copy/pasting....

Usualy one would think that the upgrade of a game would actually mean just that, but AV managed the impossible and currently UW is in many ways a lesser product to what original DF was tho I hope they pull it through and I'd estimate UW could somewhere by the end of year be quite ahead of predecessor.

But untill that happens, my vote goes to MO.

Toferio

Apprentice Member

2/21/13 4:21:16 AM#23
Originally posted by PWN_FACE
Originally posted by Toferio
Never include "show results" in a poll, that's a sure way to make it useless :P

On your second point about waiting for DFUW to release, I don't think it's necessary because (A) we have no idea when it will release, and (B) people who have played both MO and the DFUW beta will be able to give a reasonable answer to the question asked.

Sorry, but comparing a beta which is likely to change to a released game is asking for nothing but bias.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/21/13 4:38:36 AM#24
Eve is an indie game so no.

Also daoc and ac were.
  User Deleted
2/21/13 9:38:04 AM#25
MO is in it's final throes now: Seb is attempting to fix the server (ongoing drama for the last days and it's getting worse and worse. MO fanboys still haven't lost their faith though ). I'ld give it a few more days until we can RIP this game and skip it from the poll. As a fallback for the remaining MO junkies I recommond "MO the pen & paper RPG".
  Anubisan

Advanced Member

2/22/13 11:55:07 AM#26
Originally posted by picommander
MO is in it's final throes now: Seb is attempting to fix the server (ongoing drama for the last days and it's getting worse and worse. MO fanboys still haven't lost their faith though ). I'ld give it a few more days until we can RIP this game and skip it from the poll. As a fallback for the remaining MO junkies I recommond "MO the pen & paper RPG".

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I guess that's par for the course on this forum though..

User Deleted
2/22/13 2:15:46 PM#27

Are you the same Anubisan from MO's forum who posted this one?

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/please-fix-flying-players-creatures.84876/

Keep hoping. When the flying horses + NPC and players vanishing under the floor + server stability (no more node crashing) ever will be fixed come back and then try to convince me. But this time hopefully not with such a zero statement from another MO dud.

According to MO's server thread the server actually made it to 24h online w/o any bigger issues. Expect more MO zealots getting cocky and spreading the truth now (until the next minor update will everything blow apart again).

Edit: what did I say about the current server state? Forget it, the chaos is back again and much sooner than expected. But wait I think I got it now: MO isn't a game it's comedy!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search