Trending Games | Pirate101 | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,709 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,406
Star Vault | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/09/10)  | Pub:Star Vault
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Mortal Online Forum » General Discussion » My experience with Mortal Free 2 Play so far.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
44 posts found
  psykobilly

Novice Member

12/05/12 12:18:20 PM#41
Originally posted by cirsyndic
[mod edit]

You know I wouldn't even bother if I had a patched client at this point...  no content to even look at that I haven't seen.

Popple

Novice Member

12/07/12 9:36:35 PM#42
Well after reading all the threads/posts.I will skip MO.Not going to wait around for 4 hrs or 9 hrs or 2 hrs to download a game and then try to get it running..No thanks i will pass..thanks for the Info guys/gals..

I retired retroactively..Haha

BigMango

Advanced Member

12/08/12 2:59:59 PM#43
Originally posted by Popple
Well after reading all the threads/posts.I will skip MO.Not going to wait around for 4 hrs or 9 hrs or 2 hrs to download a game and then try to get it running..No thanks i will pass..thanks for the Info guys/gals..

What are you talking about? MO runs great.

I installed the game 5 days ago with no problems at all (it took perhaps 2 hours to download and install), and now I've been having a blast with it for the past week.

This is imho one of the top mmorpgs. On one hand you have WOW and all of its clones (SWTOR, AoC, Rift, GW2, Tera, LOTRO, etc... which are the same repetitive game in a different setting) and on the other hand you have EVE, Darkfall and Mortal Online.

I first tried MO 2 years ago in beta. It was so broken that I uninstalled it after a couple days. But this week as it went F2P I tried it again and its a beauty.

It feels like Morrowind. I think I have never been so immersed in an mmo.

As a new player I think it's important  to try out the different starting cities, because after trying 2 of them  I wanted to uninstall the game (didn't like the cities and found the movement/combat to be clunky).

But then I started again in Meduli and ho boy, this changed the game for me. And once I improved the different skills movement and combat became smooth too.  (searching the web to learn how to play helps a lot).

Of course the game is not perfect, but there is so much depth to the sanbox elements, it's completely different from the other quest grind "fetch me this same thing over and over again" games.

I'll see how long it lasts, but after my 1st week, it gets better the more I play,  I'm highly impressed.

deathshroud

Novice Member

12/08/12 3:22:35 PM#44

the problem with mo is the installation process varies signifcantly in success rate dpeending on the persons pc.

Many have issues with it but not everyone, personally i had no trouble installing any of MOs patches until the awakening patch which was a nightmare.

great though that you are enjoying the game, some do some dont

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search