Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | H1Z1 | City of Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,147 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,931
Star Vault | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/09/10)  | Pub:Star Vault
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Mortal Online Forum » General Discussion » Still no 3rd person view?

10 posts found
  Quicksand

Elite Member

OP  10/01/11 7:24:00 PM#1

Just curious if they have added 3rd person view? Only thing that keeps me from trying MO.

P.S

This is not a thread designed to debate which view (1st / 3rd) is better or whatever. I just want to know if MO (like DF) has added it yet.

Thanks in advance.

www.90and9.net
www.prophecymma.com

funkmastaD

Novice Member

10/01/11 7:28:51 PM#2
Originally posted by Quicksand

Just curious if they have added 3rd person view? Only thing that keeps me from trying MO.

P.S

This is not a thread designed to debate which view (1st / 3rd) is better or whatever. I just want to know if MO (like DF) has added it yet.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, and they probably never will tbh.  Seems like a wierd thing to keep ya from even trying the game, but yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath.  Unless it's, like, of religious importance to you, I'd at least give the trial a shot... you get used to 1st person soon enough, and being locked into it really does add a little flavor to the game, though it took me awhile to realize it.  (note I'm not trying to say 1st is better, or right for every game; 1st/3rd debates grow tiresome way too quickly.)

Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

10/01/11 7:30:38 PM#3

it's very unlikely these games will ever have 3rd person mode. there's no benefit in waiting, either try them or skip them forever.

jinxxed0

Advanced Member

10/01/11 7:36:54 PM#4

Some people just like actually seeing their characters while they play. I wont bother with it myself, but it's more of a nail in the coffin thing for me. By making it first person only, they've already alienated a bunch of people. Some people enjoy good graphics, some enjoy 3rd person, you can't really determine what makes or breaks a game for other people. If they actually enjoy games for certain reasons like 3rd person view or graphics, then that's that.

Jakdstripper

Novice Member

10/01/11 7:57:34 PM#5

pretty much every single mmo out there has a 3rd person view. MO is the only one i can think of with that "oblivion like" first person view. i just wouldn't be the same game without it.

Quicksand

Elite Member

OP  10/01/11 8:36:48 PM#6

Thanks for the replies, looks like I'll skip it.

www.90and9.net
www.prophecymma.com

PancakeEffct

Novice Member

10/02/11 4:52:31 PM#7

Of the many flaws MO has I beleive third person is not one of them. I personally got MO in the beginning simply because it was a FPV game. "reminded me of oblivion" though MO is worthless compared to elder scrolls games.   Though I wouldn't mind a option to look at yourself in mirrors or maybe a front view third person view so I can see my armor, or my general appearance. But third person would kill the thieves role. Do a little research before making post like this?

Picklebeast

Spotlight Poster

10/02/11 5:25:09 PM#8
Originally posted by PancakeEffct

Of the many flaws MO has I beleive third person is not one of them. I personally got MO in the beginning simply because it was a FPV game. "reminded me of oblivion" though MO is worthless compared to elder scrolls games.   Though I wouldn't mind a option to look at yourself in mirrors or maybe a front view third person view so I can see my armor, or my general appearance. But third person would kill the thieves role. Do a little research before making post like this?

I fully agree.

I am one of the more outspoken critics of this "game" and the "company" that made it (well, are attempting to make it lol) yet I have always agreed with the FPV. I like it and agree that that is the one thing SV have done right (well, I think the graphics are quite good as well, actually)...

ShortyBible

Hard Core Member

10/03/11 6:21:19 AM#9
Originally posted by PancakeEffct

Ultima Online has 3rd person view, and playing a thief is a viable  option in the game. I don't see how it would kill the thieves role, if theiving was done properly.

http://www.entropiapartners.com/?r=22415

Jemcrystal

Elite Member

Let em put a slave ring thru u're nose u're prob not going to like where they're taking you. Think.

12/01/12 11:14:02 PM#10
Yeah, I would have joined this game when it went f2p if they were in 3rd person view.  1st gives me motion sickness.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130324141403/gaea-the-legendary-realm/images/4/47/Illena1.jpg