Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,269 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,873
Star Vault | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/09/10)  | Pub:Star Vault
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

16 posts found
  Rhoklaw

Hard Core Member

$500 Backer to 2014's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

OP  11/30/12 5:44:19 PM#1

So I downloaded the game and started playing it... tutorial is buggy since your supposed to start out with an AXE for chopping wood and mining which you don't. Then I was led to believe that as long as I was BLUE that I would be immune to damage until my protection period was over which is untrue.

Mortal Online is of course a PvP centric game, so this is understandable. However, just to make it clear to folks that starting out in MO, you are not immune to being murdered or "griefed" as I was led to believe so keep that in mind when you start playing.

deathshroud

Advanced Member

11/30/12 5:48:56 PM#2

might want to ask on the official forums, not sure anyone can help ya here.

from what i understand and been a while since i played it but... unless its broken/ bugged, you start off with a yellow flag which means fledgling and are immune to pvp damage, however if oyu do something criminal then you will temp loose that flag and go grey whcih means you can be killed until it wears off. Going grey is the result of many things listed below...

attacking a blue player

pushing a blue player over a certain amount of times

picking up a stolen item from a loot bag

looting a blue loot bag

stealing something from someone

snooping someone

attacking a blue pet.

knocking a player over with your mount

carrying contraband

trading with a red player

one of the most common issues was new player not realising they had gone criminal, usually by looting an item from a blue lootbag they happened to find, or attacking a blue pet they didnt realise was a pet.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Rhoklaw

Hard Core Member

OP  11/30/12 6:34:14 PM#3
Well, I was in fact still a blue shielded player when a grey player attacked me while I was resting and did actual damage. Not sure if that is how the game intended it to be for starting players, but thats what happened to me today.

muffins89

Novice Member

11/30/12 6:53:03 PM#4
Originally posted by Rhoklaw
Well, I was in fact still a blue shielded player when a grey player attacked me while I was resting and did actual damage. Not sure if that is how the game intended it to be for starting players, but thats what happened to me today.

i think blue just means you aren't an outlaw or a murderer.  the guards won't attack you if you're blue. 

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

deathshroud

Advanced Member

11/30/12 7:02:00 PM#5

yea, only a yellow flag means you are immune to pvp.

seems strange if people arent getting their fledgling flag with f2p accounts.

Rhoklaw

Hard Core Member

OP  11/30/12 9:52:54 PM#6

LOL, you're going to laugh at this, but I fell for the PKer tricks. Apparently you do start out as a Yellow Flag but I was stupid and listened to general chat about typing /endtutorial for whatever reason which is where I became blue. Anyhow, it's funny how these PvP games like MO and Eve Online are full of scam artists and tricksters.

Good stuff

By the way, I'm uninstalling the game now. Not cause of what happened, but rather because the game is buggy as all hell. Broken mechanics and weird glitches just makes me think people were right when they said MO going F2P wouldn't save it from collapse.

ltank

Advanced Member

11/30/12 9:54:45 PM#7

LOL, you're going to laugh at this, but I fell for the PKer tricks. Apparently you do start out as a Yellow Flag but I was stupid and listened to general chat about typing /endtutorial for whatever reason which is where I became blue. Anyhow, it's funny how these PvP games like MO and Eve Online are full of scam artists and tricksters.

Good stuff

By the way, I'm uninstalling the game now. Not cause of what happened, but rather because the game is buggy as all hell. Broken mechanics and weird glitches just makes me think people were right when they said MO going F2P wouldn't save it from collapse.

You got scammed by an obvious scam  and admittedly only played a short time but feel experienced enough to talk about broken mechanics and glitches with specifics. mmkay

YojimboBimbo

Novice Member

12/01/12 12:07:04 AM#8
Originally posted by ltank

Good stuff

You got scammed by an obvious scam  and admittedly only played a short time but feel experienced enough to talk about broken mechanics and glitches with specifics. mmkay

I played for a year and will tell ya the game is full of broken mechanics and glitches.  That better?

Genadi

Novice Member

Stupidity can't be taught

12/01/12 1:22:13 AM#9

Good stuff

10 minutes in MO is long enough to experience it's many bugs, it's empty disproportioned capital city and like OP did meet the terrible community left playing the game.

argirop

Hard Core Member

12/01/12 2:48:40 AM#10

Good stuff

I played for more than 2 years and last time was after Awakening went live. I feel experienced enough to talk about broken mechanics and glitches with specifics. Is that ok with you Athanas?

Toferio

Apprentice Member

12/01/12 4:04:54 AM#11

Obviously, if he didn't enjoy first hour, why keep playing? If that hour was ridden with glitches and bugs, why shouldn't he talk about them? Do all the bugs that happen in first couple hours get a free pass or what?

Slapshot1188

Elite Member

12/01/12 7:26:39 AM#12

The game has only been released for two years... how can you expect basic mechanics experienced in the first hour of the game not to be broken yet?   It's obviously the users fault.    /sarcasm off

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

deathshroud

Advanced Member

12/01/12 9:00:36 AM#13

i think the new player experience is the big issue, there are indeed alot of bugs and glitches that can even be seen within the first few minutes of play.

I think this is an example of exactly why MO isnt expanding its population. Its because the overall first experience and presentation is marked with glitchy animations and buggy prediction from the very start.

Rhoklaw

Hard Core Member

OP  12/01/12 9:12:28 AM#14

Good stuff

Well, in the short time I played, yes, I did encounter bugs and glitches... here's a list.

1) Graphics stuck in mid air like a battle axe.

2) Horse graphic animations glitching.

3) Player jumping on to horse animation looping over and over.

4) Crafting is broken right off the bat and relogging did nothing to fix it. As in I had access to produce Heavy Leather Boots and Gloves. Hit the craft button, resources depleted, but no end product showed up in my inventory.

5) Cape animations are a nice touch, but your better off with not having any if they get stuck flying in the wrong direction, cutting the player in half.

So, in the 15-30 minutes that I played, those are just the ones I noticed without even trying to find them.

psykobilly

Novice Member

12/01/12 11:15:27 AM#15
Originally posted by deathshroud

I think this is an example of exactly why MO isnt expanding its population. Its because the overall first experience and presentation is marked with glitchy animations and buggy prediction from the very start.

MO is not expanding its pop because it lost and is losing its vet population.  Of course the starter experience is terrible so that doesnt help.

Then you have people in the community like Itank who say 'you got scammed its your fault haha newb'.  I still can't believe they listened to the idiotic free2play idea...  I would have tried future patches in MO, but now I never will bother.

Ramonski7

Spotlight Poster

"A wise man has something to say, but a fool just has to say something."

12/01/12 8:59:10 PM#16

Good stuff

It is no surprise to me that's how a leper-like FFAPvP community treats its new players...rich indeed. EvE, MO, DFO, hell even WO (Wizardry Online) have such limited appeal, you'd think that their players would understand the importance of trying  to make new players feel welcome not drive them away. And feel welcome does not necessarily mean you have to coddle new players, just give them a fightin chance or step up if you see somone trying to swindle them.

Reminds me when I started playing WO's beta a few days ago. As soon as I stepped into a dungeon for the very first time there were reds running around trying to kill newbies. But little did they know you cannot attack new players as they have newbie protection until they raise their soul level to 2. At which time they get warned about the dangers of being soul level 2 and what that entails. Like I said, I'm not looking for handouts here just a fair shot if you will.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."