Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,637 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,201
Star Vault | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/09/10)  | Pub:Star Vault
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Mortal Online Forum » General Discussion » "Bad review? Give me a good review! >=|" and here we go!

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
103 posts found
  psykobilly

Novice Member

10/21/12 2:23:16 PM#21
Originally posted by Aethaeryn
I am surprised no one jumped on the "kingdom" of Wessex thing. . wasn't it the Dutchy of Wessex?

The wessex leader 'Manus' wouldnt allow some wessex people to use the name without him so they changed it to kingdom in mortal.

Aethaeryn

Advanced Member

10/21/12 5:58:25 PM#22
Originally posted by psykobilly
Originally posted by Aethaeryn
I am surprised no one jumped on the "kingdom" of Wessex thing. . wasn't it the Dutchy of Wessex?

The wessex leader 'Manus' wouldnt allow some wessex people to use the name without him so they changed it to kingdom in mortal.

Ahh okay that makes sense.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Hancakes

Novice Member

10/23/12 7:38:21 PM#23
Originally posted by FastSloth

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/i-will-be-reviewing-mortal-online-on-behalf-of-onrpg-com.79736/

"I doubt anyone knows or remembers me, but I played Mortal Online with Kingdom of Wessex. [...] Anyways, I am a game Journalist for OnRPG.com and [...] I just thought I would warn the community and hopefully get a guild to play with lined up before I actually start playing."

What a coincidence. Finally a reviewer who's going to play MO "the way it's meant to be played" just after an article with at best mediocre amounts of praise for MO on massively.com.

Btw "Next patch is supposed to fix some of the issues with the current AI." XDD

Looks like our "reviewer" is now helping SV advertise their "charity drive". LOL 

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/new-dev-blog-from-paratus.80051/

Priceless!!!

FastSloth

Novice Member

OP  11/09/12 5:33:02 PM#24

So much for that. XD

Seems onrpg.com pays attention to its credibility.

YojimboBimbo

Novice Member

11/09/12 5:49:15 PM#25
Good for them, the whole thing seemed funny.
  Jorl

Novice Member

11/09/12 5:53:45 PM#26
Perhaps when and if this game improves I will take a look at it. I tried downloading the free trial but had problems with the installer, so I gave up.
  SaintPhilip

Novice Member

11/09/12 6:01:55 PM#27
Originally posted by Jorl
Perhaps when and if this game improves I will take a look at it. I tried downloading the free trial but had problems with the installer, so I gave up.

Yeah- I believe a Volenteer made that for them since they were unable to do it themselves and it works (worked?) very poorly. Not sure if they fixed it yet. =/

-Please try again. And please report back how your trial went. Remember, any PR is good PR according to some.

Slapshot1188

Hard Core Member

11/09/12 6:22:04 PM#28

So much for that. XD

What did I miss?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

FastSloth

Novice Member

OP  11/09/12 6:31:50 PM#29
Originally posted by Slapshot1188

So much for that. XD

What did I miss?

Nothing basically. I just decided that it was time to call this another dead shot? Don't you think? :|

SaintPhilip

Novice Member

11/09/12 6:35:19 PM#30
Originally posted by Slapshot1188

So much for that. XD

What did I miss?

Nothing basically. I just decided that it was time to call this another dead shot? Don't you think? :|

I do. The potential writer clearly had an agenda and his boss was emailed with links to his post(s) on the MOFO.

It doesnt take this long to crank out propaganda and since there is no article, I too think its dead in the water. There was clearly a conflict of interests and onrpg didnt want the bad PR which was certainly going to come had this article been released.

-Good for them.

MeGaTronPower

Apprentice Member

11/09/12 7:48:01 PM#31
So the question is how much is henrick is paying you for the review?
  xDayx

Novice Member

11/09/12 9:13:06 PM#32

I'm a previous player and previous WSX member also. Here's my review...

The game's concept is awesome, but executed poorly. If you have never played Mortal I would recommend to just for the experience.  You may enjoy it for some time but will probably end up becoming frusterated because of bugs or things SV continues to ignore. 

Concept= 10 

Execution of Concept=3 or 4

Jakdstripper

Apprentice Member

11/09/12 9:49:05 PM#33
Originally posted by xDayx

I'm a previous player and previous WSX member also. Here's my review...

The game's concept is awesome, but executed poorly. If you have never played Mortal I would recommend to just for the experience.  You may enjoy it for some time but will probably end up becoming frusterated because of bugs or things SV continues to ignore. 

Concept= 10 

Execution of Concept=3 or 4

exactly.

i give SV and Herink incredible credit for coming up with the concept and vision for this game. IF this game had had talented programmers it would been an awesome game.

sadly they did not have the execution down, they did not have programmers, they did not have money or talented coders.... and never did more then rubber band/duct tape crap together. So this game plays like a piece of crap.

still as a concept it's been one of the most exciting things in the last 4/5 years.  

deathshroud

Novice Member

11/10/12 1:26:25 AM#34
Originally posted by Hancakes

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/i-will-be-reviewing-mortal-online-on-behalf-of-onrpg-com.79736/

"I doubt anyone knows or remembers me, but I played Mortal Online with Kingdom of Wessex. [...] Anyways, I am a game Journalist for OnRPG.com and [...] I just thought I would warn the community and hopefully get a guild to play with lined up before I actually start playing."

What a coincidence. Finally a reviewer who's going to play MO "the way it's meant to be played" just after an article with at best mediocre amounts of praise for MO on massively.com.

Looks like our "reviewer" is now helping SV advertise their "charity drive". LOL 

Priceless!!!

not really what i see, he makes a thread on the MO forums about the MO donations so players can psot thier opinions of it. I dont see him helping sv by advertising their donations. For him to be doing that he would have to make a post on a site not accociated with the game. So hold off on the dnacing bananas until he does.

I do however suspect him of being a mod or gm.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

argirop

Novice Member

11/10/12 6:52:42 AM#35
Originally posted by deathshroud
Originally posted by Hancakes

Priceless!!!

not really what i see, he makes a thread on the MO forums about the MO donations so players can psot thier opinions of it. I dont see him helping sv by advertising their donations. For him to be doing that he would have to make a post on a site not accociated with the game. So hold off on the dnacing bananas until he does.

I do however suspect him of being a mod or gm.

He wasnt a mod or a gm back in the days of TC patch. He stoped playing shortly cause of bugs and now he is back cause Awakening made the game awesome.

Rilman

Novice Member

11/10/12 7:01:30 AM#36
Awesome? I think you mean EMPTY and Broken.
  Slapshot1188

Hard Core Member

12/06/12 11:30:49 PM#37

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

xDayx

Novice Member

12/07/12 12:23:13 AM#38
Originally posted by Rilman
Awesome? I think you mean EMPTY and Broken.

Yeah i said the games concept is awesome. I dont think anyone here can dispute that. In other words on paper it sounds great. Dont argue just to argue... We all know henrick failed. Life goes on.

Ichmen

Apprentice Member

hatred enriches.life is a prison, death a release.

12/07/12 12:29:35 AM#39
holy necro posts batman... this thread/topic is old and dead O_o 

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
Evga GeForce 670 FTW
Evga P55 SLI

<

Hancakes

Novice Member

12/07/12 1:34:10 AM#40
Originally posted by Ichmen
holy necro posts batman... this thread/topic is old and dead O_o 

Umm....The fan based "review"  highlighted in this post came our yesterday.

"Editor’s Note: This review was actually completed 2 weeks prior to the announcement that Mortal Online was going F2P. As such there is no mention of it."

Funny, most of the "review" was done before  he even said he was writing a "review". Guess they just recycle the same old script.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search