Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,568 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,924
Netgame Digital Technology Ltd. | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 2010)  | Pub:Ingle Games Ltd.
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Legend of Golden Plume Forum » General Discussion » The official LGP review.

6 posts found
  The-Reporter

Apprentice Member

OP  9/26/08 5:31:28 AM#1

The Legend of Golden Plume is a charming MMORPG with a great community and a one of a kind fantasy cartoon graphics system which is very smooth on the eye. Attention to detail is worth mentioning and makes the overall experience more enjoyable. There are five classes to choose from in the beta – each with unique and exciting abilities.
• The Warrior – Relies on Strength and Vitality
• The Mage – Relies on intelligence
• The Taoist – Relies on Spirit and Intelligence
• The Swordman – Relies on Strength and Stamina
• The Priest - Relies on Spirit.
• The game is based around player interaction and there are many systems put in place to ensure this. As well as player interaction there are many stand-out features in ‘The Legend of Golden Plume”. The game brings with it a fresh air of originality and many unique systems.
• The low download size. – The game and the updates take up around 600MB in total, managing to pack in a huge amount of quality into a considerably small file.
• The charming graphics. The legend of Golden Plume has great detailed scenery that seems to jump out at you sometimes with the realism. The colours throughout the game are soft and gentle, giving the player an overall feeling of joy whilst playing.
• The Auto Tracking System - The Auto Tracking System is quite useful for those who dread walking around aimlessly in search of an NPC. The way this system works is quite simple, you bring up the search interface and type in the name of the NPC you want to go to. Like magic, your character will navigate him/her self through the quickest route of reaching the NPC.
Auto-Tracking also works hand in hand with the quest system, providing clickable links within the quest description to take you where you need to go.
• Leveling system – You have complete control over whether or not you advance your character in the game, being able to use ‘experience points’ to either upgrade your character’s level and base stats (Strength, Vitality, Intelligence, Spirit, and Stamina. )Or send the experience into upgrading the skills exclusive to your character class E.g studying fire spells on a Mage.
• Pets – Players also have the option to tame a monster and use it as a pet, the player can name it and train it to fight side by side with them in battle. There is a huge variety of monsters to choose from as pets.
• There are many other features in the game to discover, such as;
Being able to team up with other players to complete quests faster and gain extra XP

In game events to gain special rewards E.g purging the city of monsters trying to cause havoc.
Player owned tribes to join and battle other tribes and participate in other tribal events.

There are many fun quests to complete

Marriage is an option, so you can truely  be with the person you love forever!

• Last but not least there is the master/apprentice feature. With this you are able to assign someone as your student or ask someone to be your master. When a student’s master is online, the student gains extra experience and other benefits as well as having someone to go to when they need help, of course there is a penalty for deserting your master, so choose carefully!

The world of The Legend of Golden Plume awaits! So come and see for yourself, with a personal rating of 10/10 it's worth a look!

*You can find me in game on a character named Silas *

b2i12

Novice Member

"Only those who are strong will survive when in the face of hardship"

5/22/09 10:08:30 PM#2

Thanks for the review!.  After reading I have decided t go and give it a try.  I do however have to disagree on it having a one of a kind graphic system I have seen these graphics in many other games ,but the gampleplay itself is unique.

Anyways thanks for the great review!

Shiva_Shadow

Novice Member

The wind carries with it all things forgotten.

5/30/09 2:39:56 AM#3

Destined not to play.

I only got about through about 10 mins to this game before boredom overtook me and I was uninstalling it.  Far less time than it took to download and uninstall it I might add.

Besides lacking fullscreen, the graphics make SNES look awesome.

DragonBlade0

Novice Member

6/28/09 9:30:06 PM#4

The game is GREAT! After reading your review i thought about it and well since i had nothing to do i gave it a try. Its a good thing i did too. Oh yea there is a fullscreen mode just press alt+enter.

Trucidation

Novice Member

/i/nsurgent

10/29/09 3:47:25 AM#5

Originally posted by Shiva_Shadow
Destined not to play.
I only got about through about 10 mins to this game before boredom overtook me and I was uninstalling it.  Far less time than it took to download and uninstall it I might add.

Other than not being a graphics whore, some of us actually PREFER games that can be played in a window.

I don't know about you, but being able to do other things while playing a game is de rigueur nowadays. Maybe some people just stick to the game, but many of us do plenty of other things in the background, like looking up info in the forums, or even non-game related tasks like firing up winamp to replace most games' usually uninspiring music.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

Odalisque

Novice Member

2/01/10 2:45:43 PM#6
Originally posted by Shiva_Shadow

Destined not to play.

there is actually a fullscreen option.. just press Shift+Enter (if i remember it correctly) you can also turn if off by clicking the same buttons again :)