Cryptic Studios has announced that the Star Trek Online mid-season update has arrived. The latest patch brings significant changes to the skill system, adds in the new visual slots and is anchored by the Temporal Front featured episode.
Major features of the update include:
- New Featured Episode “Temporal Front” – Captains must travel through time to prevent the Na’Kuhl from destroying the present by invading our past.
- Skill System Revamp – Skills progression is now presented in a streamlined, easy-to-use interface that includes more detailed instructions.
- Visual Slots – Slot items to choose how your starship looks, without having to change how it performs.
- Strategist Secondary Specialization – Players can choose from a selection of space-based abilities, which can shift between offensive and defensive effects.
- Romulan Admiralty Campaign – Captains can earn rewards by completing a new set of Admiralty assignments designed to assist the Romulan Republic.
- Na’Kuhl Red Alerts – This alert system will sound off to lets players know when they can queue up in groups of five to fight off the Na’Kuhl.
Check out the full update notes on the Star Trek Online site.