Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Pirate101 | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,834 Users Online:0
Games:754  Posts:6,270,579
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

15 posts found
  yourmom12192

Novice Member

OP  11/25/05 11:11:59 PM#1
Is there any evidence that players will be able to fight eachother in other places than just the holodeck. Cuz then that might end up like the Arena in CoH which isnt that great. Plus with all the character types there could be large battles against apposing enemies (for example: Zindi vs Starfleet). Like Rune vs Rune pvp. The one thing i love about PvP is when the battles can be humungous, i hope they improve PvP, it will really brighten my day...

Would you want PvP to be a crucial focus of STO?

Yes, that would be great
No, i like PvE more
A good mix of both would be nice
(login to vote)
  flea1

Novice Member

11/26/05 12:33:59 PM#2

i think it will be pve dorkfest. as all trekkys are dorks and possibbly on the road to being sulu lol.

Orky Name Generator, only at www.bigchoppaz.com

Slickinfinit

Novice Member

GALACTUS OWNZ ALL!

11/28/05 5:24:17 AM#3
If there is no Pvp I wont buy it and I am the #1 trekkie !!
slickinfinite Xfire Miniprofile
  GrimSkunk2

Novice Member

11/28/05 9:03:25 AM#4

I'm open for it either way. I think I read someplace that it will be PVE and you could only PVP in the holodeck. I could be mistaken. Also, I think they are releasing it with players only able to choose starfleet side and others come in an expansion. Again, I could be wrong.

Originally posted by flea1
i think it will be pve dorkfest. as all trekkys are dorks and possibbly on the road to being sulu lol.

If keeping PVP out of the game will keep people who think this is witty and clever from playing, I embrace the decision.

-W.

shae

Novice Member

"Don''t take life seriously because you can''t come out of it alive."

- Warren Miller

11/28/05 9:38:14 AM#5

Well I'm always a fan of keeping it a healthy mix for everyone to enjoy but in the real world, it's almost always impossible to please everyone no matter how hard you try.

Personally, in my oppinion STO should be more than a PVP fest set in space and ground, the shows were always about exploration, seeing and experiencing new things, building friendship and closeness with yoru crew (other players in this case) and thinking your way out of situations instead of just shooting yuor way out of them.

I think these elements are whats going to be important for this game to succeed, both to attract fans of ST but for people wanting a new and different experience. Does that mean PvP is not important ? Not at all, I think it can be crucial to bring those players that really love pvp into the mix.

I'd love to see a faction other the starfleet be playable in time, romulans would be very neat as an opposition but I'm sure bigger fans of the series could come up with better ideas. Either way, I mostly hope that in the end, they manage to appease many different facets of what could be a very fun game.

Nytemare

Novice Member

11/28/05 10:26:29 AM#6

I am hoping that PvP is a Holodeck only experience so they get to see what PvP is like and can fine tune to make as balanced as possible (perfect balance seems an impossibilty though) before opening it up to other areas of the game.

It would be good to have Based areas for each race/faction (as each race/faction is added) , be PvP free with PvP areas elsewhere like border areas and have higher level Quests/Missions be near and in PvP areas which would be bordering areas (like Neutral zone areas,  but PvP instead).

If they go into more of a PvP vain, you could have areas designated as the PvP zones extend to so much of an area passed a races/factions controlled space so that as you overtake another races space you increase your area of space.

Of course this only works if  and when other Factions/Races are added like the Romulans,Klingon,Borg etc etc

bl1nd

Novice Member

12/05/05 6:10:54 AM#7

im a trek fan but if there is no pvp i wont buy it either, pvp is all i look for in a mmorpg

In my opinion mmorpgs without PvP are meaningless

And if they are gonna add some kind of arena they better dont add anything....

bl1ndz0r Xfire Miniprofile
  noblot

Advanced Member

Today is a good day to Pwn someone

12/05/05 8:05:24 PM#8

When I read there was going to be an online Star Trek game I was so happy - right up until I read about the PvE focus.

By the sound of it, they are starting to re-think about that aspect; but as others have said, no PvP - I won't be playing (and I spend most of my game time PvEing as well).

And by PvP I don't mean some lame holodeck thingy either. I want ships, lots of them, epic space battles, and massive RvR conquests - now that's a game I'll play

GrimSkunk2

Novice Member

12/09/05 7:55:25 AM#9

Originally posted by noblot
When I read there was going to be an online Star Trek game I was so happy - right up until I read about the PvE focus.
By the sound of it, they are starting to re-think about that aspect; but as others have said, no PvP - I won't be playing (and I spend most of my game time PvEing as well).
And by PvP I don't mean some lame holodeck thingy either. I want ships, lots of them, epic space battles, and massive RvR conquests - now that's a game I'll play

I agree to an extent. I would love to participate in a huge war, blasting away at enemy players. However, I would HATE it if I were doing a peaceful mission someplace and kept getting killed by 1337KIRK over and over again because he thinks it is cool. If they were to implement PvP I would hope it was only in certain zones (neutral zone perhaps) so if I want to avoid it, I can.

-W.

Anofalye

Advanced Member

The enemy is so dumb! They believe that WE are the enemy! - A famous orc commander.

12/09/05 8:01:36 AM#10

Star Trek will be a unique product.

I would not touch it with a 10 feet metal pole, but it will be nice for peoples who think EQ/EQ2 was nothing but an introduction to a new topic.

In Star Trek you have pretty much a "utopicly perfect 500% communist" state who prevail.  The individual reason of existence is the community.  Individuality is a twisted paradia of itself.

But the Star Trek universe is nice, even if not appealing at all for someone like me, I will not bitch at it.  I hope all those trekkies get great fun and will remember them that the SW owns ST anyday! 

As to PvP, PvP is irrelevant in ST, PvP lead to RvR in this universe, individuals work for their communities.  But do not fear, you will be assimilated!

Unless you join the Power of the Dark side and play other games! 

PS: To the MMO fans, please consider the franchise before stating the usual rambles.   ST is not a soloing game (you will prolly be able to solo a lot, but to progress you won't be soloing), it is not really a grouping setting, it is all about raiding and the community, everthing lead to that, from the very basic of the concept, the individuals work for their community...in a very communist-like ways for the Federation, but a perfect communist (not what we experience with China or USSR).  Other races have differents approach to submit the individuals for the greater good of the community...I wont play this game, no matter how much folks would harass or pay me for, but some peoples (older and/or girls + the dweeb loyal fanbase) will enjoy it a LOT.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - René Levesque about the denial NO on the poll to his dream, project and goal. (Free translation)

Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

12/09/05 8:18:42 AM#11

LOL, this coming from a moron sitting at a computer, obviously playing online computer games.  Well wake up and smell what you're shoveling,....Dorkwad.
  Warsong

Novice Member

www.piratelords.com

"To err is to
invite
retribution"

12/10/05 3:21:48 AM#12

Guess what phagboi, I'm a trekky and if it means I'm a dork then it would mean that a dork has had as many hot women than you would have had in 3 lifetimes and now married to one and I can kick your a$$ so think on that.....getting your a$$ kicked by some one you called dork.....
Yes I love violence TYVM and I love violent games and that means PVP. If STO has no PVP it better be damn awsome PVE with a hellava AI or I wont play.

Sir D'Okynn Hellrose Cosair Knight of the Sword and Guildmaster of A$$holes
www.corsairs.org
www.amtgard.com

GrimSkunk2

Novice Member

12/12/05 4:26:29 PM#13

[quote]Originally posted by Warsong
Guess what phagboi, I'm a trekky and if it means I'm a dork then it would mean that a dork has had as many hot women than you would have had in 3 lifetimes and now married to one and I can kick your a$$ so think on that.....getting your a$$ kicked by some one you called dork.....
Yes I love violence TYVM and I love violent games and that means PVP. If STO has no PVP it better be damn awsome PVE with a hellava AI or I wont play.

Sir D'Okynn Hellrose Cosair Knight of the Sword and Guildmaster of A$$holes
www.corsairs.org
www.amtgard.com
[/b][/quote]

::::06::

-W.

User Deleted
12/12/05 4:30:28 PM#14

Originally posted by Anofalye

I would not touch it with a 10 feet metal pole, but it will be nice for peoples who think EQ/EQ2 was nothing but an introduction to a new topic.

In Star Trek you have pretty much a "utopicly perfect 500% communist" state who prevail.  The individual reason of existence is the community.  Individuality is a twisted paradia of itself.

But the Star Trek universe is nice, even if not appealing at all for someone like me, I will not bitch at it.  I hope all those trekkies get great fun and will remember them that the SW owns ST anyday! 

As to PvP, PvP is irrelevant in ST, PvP lead to RvR in this universe, individuals work for their communities.  But do not fear, you will be assimilated!

PS: To the MMO fans, please consider the franchise before stating the usual rambles.   ST is not a soloing game (you will prolly be able to solo a lot, but to progress you won't be soloing), it is not really a grouping setting, it is all about raiding and the community, everthing lead to that, from the very basic of the concept, the individuals work for their community...in a very communist-like ways for the Federation, but a perfect communist (not what we experience with China or USSR).  Other races have differents approach to submit the individuals for the greater good of the community...I wont play this game, no matter how much folks would harass or pay me for, but some peoples (older and/or girls + the dweeb loyal fanbase) will enjoy it a LOT.

Interesting you say this and its not even near beta testing. its newly under devlopment. So how can you say this when you really don't know how it will be?

And to the point aslong as its not instanced like DDO and GW it will be fine.  Instanced games are not worth playing.

User Deleted
12/12/05 4:31:31 PM#15

Originally posted by Anofalye

Interesting you say this and its not even near beta testing. its newly under devlopment. So how can you say this when you really don't know how it will be?

And to the point aslong as its not instanced like DDO and GW it will be fine.  Instanced games are not worth playing.