Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Pirate101 | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,691 Users Online:0
Games:752  Posts:6,270,325
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

11 posts found
  noob-gamer

Novice Member

OP  11/18/05 9:17:07 PM#1

will you be able to leave star fleet or will you be stuck

if you stay in star fleet can you rise thou the ranks from ensign to admaral

can you join the orion syndicate

Nimec

Novice Member

11/18/05 11:41:04 PM#2

Hey there,

From the information I have read on the development teams plan for release, at least at this point in time, the only playable faction planned for the release of the game is Starfleet.  I read somewhere that there are plans to add other factions post-launch to make Romulan and Klingon playable races, but Perpetual has stated that only Starfleet will be available at launch.  So at this point of time I would say you will not be able to leave Starfleet.  While we know they plan to add other factions, it is still unknown whether or not they will allow players who started in 1 faction to switch to another.

Hope this helps.

noob-gamer

Novice Member

OP  11/26/05 1:48:18 PM#3
you answered half of my questions but what about advancement in star fleet can you advance or will you be stick as an ensign
  Qwirk

Novice Member

11/26/05 2:08:48 PM#4

Absolutely you can advance.
From http://www.startrek-online.net's Guide to What We Know:

Rank structure

Current material indicates that players will only be able to enter the game as officers, which means that NCO and enlisted ranks will not be available, and relevant positions filled by NPC characters. What follows in ascending order are the confirmed ranks which will be attainable in Star Trek: Online;

Cadet
Ensign
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant Commander
Commander
Captain
Rear Admiral
Vice Admiral
Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Experience, defined as your successful participation in missions, either by surviving (that is, not ending up in sickbay 3 or 4 times), as well as completing a mission successfully, will lead to rank advancement. You'll start the game as a cadet, progressing up from there. We don’t know how exactly this will work but expect there will be some kind of ‘Rank Barometer’ which your ‘experience’ will inflate when you are successful, increasing in size with every promotion. You may also need to complete special missions and demonstrate leadership abilities to ascend beyond certain rank levels, the maximum of which will be available for players to reach is Admiral. As an Admiral, you will be responsible for missions involving the movement of starships and the missions delgated between them (i.e. Captains will come to you for missions) amongst other things, as far as we know.

Hope that helped ::::01::

noob-gamer

Novice Member

OP  12/01/05 10:25:21 PM#5

that did help a bit but what about roles that aren't mainly combat like medics, engineers,and intelligence officers

thinking like doctor chusher or commander la forge or agent sloan in section 31 how would they advance and is there a diplomat corp. and how would they advance

Flem

Lore Seeker

Come Get Some!!

12/01/05 10:39:44 PM#6

Heres some bits from the FAQ

What ranks are available?

Cadet
Ensign
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant Commander
Commander
Captain
Admiral (with different levels/stars)

Is the game skill based or level based?

Both. Levels measure the player's total experience earned, and skills are improved by the successful completion of missions. This is likely to be 'how well' you did the mission in accordance to Starfleet regulations and training.

How will characters advance and grow?

Players will perform missions assigned to them by their department heads, Starfleet command, or other players. They can also join away teams that need assistance. Successful completion of these missions will be rewarded by experience and skill growth. There may be certain stages/targets within a characters life becoming a cadet, crewman, taking command, a commission of your very own ship, and even an armada. Eventually, as you gain experience, you will physically 'age', so we can expect to see wrinkles on an admiral's face!

What are the professions available?

The current playable departments are flight control (sit at a console on the bridge and control ships, shuttles, runabouts and various other vehicles available in the game), medical (heal and treat your injured team mates and crew in sickbay and on awayteams, alternatively the medical profession will be essential for boosting the performance of your character), science (technology, research, scanning and general operations will be the responsibility of the science officer and will always be a useful member on awayteams just as Cmd. Data was!) , tactical/security (most probably the profession that will see the majority of action, the main responsibility is the protection of the ship from attacks and invasion and play a crucial role in the protection of away teams), and engineering (a profession vital to any ship, as scotty did you will be able to upgrade and repair the ship in areas such as weapons and shields). Players will specialize in the skills for these departments, but all can become commanders. Commander is not a separate profession, but rather a choice of specialization into a certain department, or become a commander. Generally a commander will be the leader of the crew or awayteam and it may be reliant upon you 'leadership' skill with others.

How do I choose my skills and profession?

It is highly likekly that you will be given an opportunity to chose your own missions, what missions you take will partially alter the direction of your profession. For example, if you chose more combat missions than you will be able to gain more Tactical/Security skills.

Can I change my profession easily?

Each race has a certain 'skill affinity' to a certain profession and skill. this means that 'versatile' species will be able to have some medical skills without being a medic for example. But say, for example an analytical races with medic skills will have a lower skill to diffuse a bomb, or blow up a ship, but be better at curing the plague. What this means is that you're character will become more focused in certain areas making switching professions unlikely as it will be a much slower process.

noob-gamer

Novice Member

OP  12/04/05 7:31:13 PM#7

what is the name of the site you quoited from

do the have more on the game

yourmom12192

Novice Member

12/05/05 9:47:58 PM#8

Just go to the STO official website (look it up on google) then go to FAQ

Cheers

noob-gamer

Novice Member

OP  12/07/05 7:18:05 PM#9
you guys have answered my questions about rank but since Starfleet is the federations military what about getting comrndations and decorations how would you get them
  noob-gamer

Novice Member

OP  12/10/05 2:18:41 AM#10
come on someone must have a clue i would just like to know if a person can get commendations for valor and the like or get starfleet medals just an idea
  noob-gamer

Novice Member

OP  12/11/05 9:41:08 PM#11

okl maybe its to soon to ask that

new question

if you can mix races what races would you mix

i would mix either vulcan and deltan or vulcan and bajoran