Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | ArcheAge | H1Z1

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,008 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,517
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

13 posts found
  LordMagnus

Novice Member

-I insist on hearing bad news immediately.

-Expect the Unexpected.

OP  10/15/05 6:20:53 PM#1

Has the game even begun development yet? I was under the impression that it was to be released first quarter 2006..

That is..until I found out that was the launch of the official website.::::11::

This game looks to be THE best sci-fi game. It just feels like it's going to be forever till it get's released.::::16::

yourmom12192

Novice Member

10/15/05 8:33:26 PM#2

i no dude. So f****** long!

so long... does the site have any news on development?

User Deleted
10/15/05 9:06:38 PM#3

Originally posted by LordMagnus
Has the game even begun development yet? I was udner the impression that it was to be released first quarter 2006..

This game looks to be THE best sci-fi game. It just feels like it's going to be forever till it get's released.::::16::

No No no

Game is coming out in 2007 and some are saying midquarter. Right now they are ironing out basic ingame philosphies and core coding such as art development, combat structure, economics and crafting development etc.

So far they have developed a LCARs as awell as potential uniforms for the game. Right now, they're pretty much brainstorming HUNDREDs of possibilites for the game.

Remember, Lucas Arts announced officially in late 2000 that a Star Wars MMO is in development with cooperation of Sony Online Entertainment. It was released officially until June 23(?) 2003. So that was almost 3 years.

yourmom12192

Novice Member

10/15/05 10:23:36 PM#4

oh, ok.

thanks En1gma

By the way, thanks for always responding to stuff

keep up the good work

cheers

LordMagnus

Novice Member

-Expect the Unexpected.

OP  10/15/05 10:29:22 PM#5

Originally posted by En1Gma

Has the game even begun development yet? I was udner the impression that it was to be released first quarter 2006..

No No no

Game is coming out in 2007 and some are saying midquarter. Right now they are ironing out basic ingame philosphies and core coding such as art development, combat structure, economics and crafting development etc.

So far they have developed a LCARs as awell as potential uniforms for the game. Right now, they're pretty much brainstorming HUNDREDs of possibilites for the game.

Remember, Lucas Arts announced officially in late 2000 that a Star Wars MMO is in development with cooperation of Sony Online Entertainment. It was released officially until June 23(?) 2003. So that was almost 3 years.

Ah, I see..

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hopefully they can pull this game off and make it as good as it can possibly be. I would hate to see the game ruined by a game that was too rushed and not thought out enough. From the looks of it though, they look like they are doing their best to stay true to the Star Trek name.

yourmom12192

Novice Member

10/15/05 10:34:02 PM#6

cool.

by the way, lord magnus how do u get that avatar?

LordMagnus

Novice Member

-Expect the Unexpected.

OP  10/16/05 1:16:07 PM#7

I made it.

GrimSkunk2

Novice Member

10/25/05 8:43:12 AM#8

No No no

Yeah, but look at the product they officially released...

-W.

Qwirk

Novice Member

10/25/05 6:45:54 PM#9

Originally posted by GrimSkunk2Yeah, but look at the product they officially released...

Which is why we are all VERY glad STO is being done by Perpetual Entertainment, who are actually listening to, responding to, and incorporating ideas and feedback from the community (by posting surveys and reading the various associated message boards such as StarTrek-Online.net and others).

We all know SOE's feeling on community feedback ("what? that stuff you try tune out while making or running a game? ")
::::39::::::40::

User Deleted
10/25/05 10:45:51 PM#10

right, STO is very unique where they incorporate ST canon ideas from fan's suggestions into the game itself. They've held a few surveys so far where you can participate in answering questions from the DEVs. As for as I know, STO is the first MMO that has done this 100% so far.

And the fact that it's being backed up by Paramount Studios and former pubishers of the Star Trek universe is a nice plus.

You wont see 300 Vulcan Mystics with glowsticks dueling each other in front of Starfleet academy...oh..wait.. ::::02::

Flem

Lore Seeker

Come Get Some!!

10/25/05 11:07:20 PM#11

I think a 2007 release is a bit unrealistic at this stage considering there isnt anything to show for the games progress. 

Still i would rather wait longer than have them screw up and put a blemish on the Star Trek name and franchise.

Qwirk

Novice Member

10/26/05 3:13:09 AM#12

To be fair, the 2007 date is a guesstimate, precisely Because of how much needs to be done.

The only date PE has really released as anything more than 'penciled-in' is the game's website for "first quarter 2006". Anything beyond that is usually a rough guesstimate of where they'd like to see it.

If they can get everything in and working, and release a good clean game in 2007: Hooray!
If they need longer to make sure it's bug-free (as bug-free as a release can be) and fun and true to Trek, then I doubt they'll get a lot of resistance (at least from those already following it's development ::::39:: )

Don't fret too much about the release date. I'm sure if problems come up like you seem to be thinking of, they'll move it. Like you, I'd rather a good game late than an on-time p.o.s., but so would Daron, Ken, Glen, et al. so I think we have nothing to worry about ::::02::

GrimSkunk2

Novice Member

10/27/05 9:18:31 AM#13

right, STO is very unique where they incorporate ST canon ideas from fan's suggestions into the game itself. They've held a few surveys so far where you can participate in answering questions from the DEVs. As for as I know, STO is the first MMO that has done this 100% so far.

And the fact that it's being backed up by Paramount Studios and former pubishers of the Star Trek universe is a nice plus.

You wont see 300 Vulcan Mystics with glowsticks dueling each other in front of Starfleet academy...oh..wait.. ::::02::

I can agree there. ::::20::

-W.