Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,305 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,225,012
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall Forum » General Discussion » Say NO to floating clan symbols!!!!!

8 posts found
  -Zeno-

Novice Member

OP  3/06/11 7:00:17 PM#1

The developers have put forward an idea to have a symbol for your clan put above your head.  This is against their own vision of Darkfall.  What they really need to do is make it so you can dye your armor or put clan colors and symbol on your armor.  Maybe even make it possible to put your clan symbol on a shield and cloak.  The developers are right as combat is bland to the eyes (everyone is the same color).  Allowing us to put stuff on our armor and shield would help make battles more colorful.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=280402

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Baiame

Novice Member

3/06/11 7:04:16 PM#2

I agree.  Throwing something on clothing would be nice..shield or otherwise would work as well.  I'm not a fan of the floating ID tag either.  We will see what they decide to do with this.  I'd rather have a robe or paint on a shield than anything floating above my head:)

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

3/06/11 7:11:12 PM#3

Floating clan tags seems to really go against what DF has traditionally stood for.

Go with clan colors or talbards or shields.  DAOC used to let you go with shields and cloaks displaying clan logos

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

jusomdude

Spotlight Poster

3/06/11 7:14:07 PM#4

It's only a matter of time until they make a DF trammel, lol :)

Gadzy

Novice Member

3/08/11 12:33:26 AM#5

It's already there for parties. I really don't think it would be an issue as long as it's only on allies.

AzelSpears

Novice Member

3/10/11 3:39:24 AM#6

/signed. Give us heraldry. Cloaks and Tabards.

Look What I Did - melodic mathcore band from Nashville, TN, see music videos from new record Atlas Drugged

User Deleted
3/10/11 10:44:08 PM#7

I was agains it sinds the beginning and im still agains this bah:(

GrayGhost79

Novice Member

3/10/11 10:48:17 PM#8
Originally posted by -Zeno-

The developers have put forward an idea to have a symbol for your clan put above your head.  This is against their own vision of Darkfall.  What they really need to do is make it so you can dye your armor or put clan colors and symbol on your armor.  Maybe even make it possible to put your clan symbol on a shield and cloak.  The developers are right as combat is bland to the eyes (everyone is the same color).  Allowing us to put stuff on our armor and shield would help make battles more colorful.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=280402

Actually, it really isn't against their own vision of DFO lol. This isn't the first time they've wanted to add floating icons over players heads. They actually have already been there and done that but then removed it later, then added it back in but made it so it showed up for only those in your party etc. It was revised a few times I guess. Seems they are going back to their original vision now though.