Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,894 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,948
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » Perpetual Studios Version Discussion » I think I'll go back and play Elite Force 2 while crying...

5 posts found
  MiniEdition

Novice Member

Sorry, I can''t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

OP  11/20/07 7:56:44 PM#1

Why is there such a lack of new ST games out there?

The only ST hit I get these days is Trek Life!  I think we will be waiting a long long time for STO to come out, and in the mean time, no other games will get released. snif snif.

I would love a new shooter to come out using the Half Life 2 engine, or the Crytech Engine.... as the good old days when I played Elite Forece 2 (crap I lent it to a friend 2 years ago, anyone know where to buy a new copy?)

Or a RPG using the ST:KOTOR engine?

Anyone checked out the HL2 Mod for Enterprise?

http://www.enterprise-tcw.com/website/

User Deleted
11/20/07 11:55:22 PM#2

Well, you might wanna try out "SecondLife" and the Trek there if you need a fix or something to do while bored.

On a plus side you may actually meet a active clan in the game that will be playing STO when it hits.

MiniEdition

Novice Member

OP  11/20/07 11:57:29 PM#3

Trek in SecondLife??? ooh  ok,  I'll check it out.

I tried SecondLife for about 15min before the crap graphics put me off though :(

Coward92

Novice Member

REDRUM!

11/21/07 5:17:09 AM#4

Originally posted by MiniEdition

Why is there such a lack of new ST games out there?

The only ST hit I get these days is Trek Life!  I think we will be waiting a long long time for STO to come out, and in the mean time, no other games will get released. snif snif.

I would love a new shooter to come out using the Half Life 2 engine, or the Crytech Engine.... as the good old days when I played Elite Forece 2 (crap I lent it to a friend 2 years ago, anyone know where to buy a new copy?)

Or a RPG using the ST:KOTOR engine?

Anyone checked out the HL2 Mod for Enterprise?

http://www.enterprise-tcw.com/website/

Dude, there are the Bethesda games, Conquest and Legacy and Encounters. But they are piles of turd. Heck, piles of turn would be more fun than those games.

Heck yeah. A Trek game using the Crytech2 engine would be the shizz. Imagine a starship and ground game with that kind of detail!

but I think nobody is gonna invest in a Trek game until the IP proves popular gain. PE was going to make STO a authentic Trek game, but they chickened out and will make it a action arcade type game.

Elite Force II was the only Trek game I played that actually was good. We may never see another one.

REDRUM!!

MiniEdition

Novice Member

OP  11/21/07 4:27:38 PM#5

Anyone played Armada2?  I played that gamed all the way through heaps of times.  Lots of fun, but a bit dated.  There are a few Mods out to re-skin and change sound packs.  Love all the little sound clips as your order fleets around.