Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,287 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,368
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

6 posts found
  Nasedoo

Novice Member

You''re a good person. Don''t do this - Padme
Im doing it for you, to Protect you - Anakin

OP  11/12/07 9:00:19 AM#1

i havent been keeping up with STO... but have we lost the ability to run around in are ship? go to are own room? go to sick bay? go were ever we want in STO?

if we did then im out.. i wont play another Star trek command 3... Been there, done
that, deja vu just isn't what it used to be.

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Coward92

Novice Member

REDRUM!

11/12/07 11:19:10 AM#2

Originally posted by Nasedoo

i havent been keeping up with STO... but have we lost the ability to run around in are ship? go to are own room? go to sick bay? go were ever we want in STO?

if we did then im out.. i wont play another Star trek command 3... Been there, done

The last time Daron Stinnet directly responded to this question, in March 2007, he stated that player ships were mounts and would not be able to walk inside. Since then, and the insuring community uproar, Daron has only emphasized that ship interiors were in the game and that PE had not ruled out player ship interiors.

But since then, Daron has been dodging the question by emphasizing interiors are in for HUBs.

It appears most likely ship interiors for player ships are out.

STO is in BIG trouble for those like you and me who are tired of the same of Trek games.

REDRUM!!

Graff

Novice Member

11/12/07 5:05:04 PM#3

About 18 months ago, Glen Dahlgren stated that the focus for interior gameplay was going to settle on larger, capital ship 'hubs' where players could interact in starship with other actual players, rather than corridors of NPCs, amongst other reasoning. Daron has become a bit of a scapegoat the decision after constant maligning of the concept and misrepresentation by a small group of users who unfortunately have revealed themselves to be posting on multiple accounts, so it's hard to gauge just how big the reaction really has been.

Ship interiors on every single player ship look to be off the table at the moment, but they have promised a rich interior based experience on the hub ships, it remains to be seen how and if they can deliver this, but I imagine player ship interiors would make it into the game eventually, they would be cool, but there's more to Star Trek than walking around the corridors of a ship- I hope. Then again, the game is still in development, they might decide they can get some forms of interiors on player owned ships before launch. I can't think of anything more boring that being stuck inside a ship though, and there is only a limited amount of content that go into the game by launch, so it seems the balance is interiors on the hubs, allowing for away missions, ship control, etc etc outside of them. Still, with hub interiors, full bodied £D avatars, planet surfaces, boarding and away missions, Starfleet Command- STO aint.

Nasedoo

Novice Member

You''re a good person. Don''t do this - Padme
Im doing it for you, to Protect you - Anakin

OP  11/13/07 8:30:58 AM#4

Originally posted by Coward92

Originally posted by Nasedoo

The last time Daron Stinnet directly responded to this question, in March 2007, he stated that player ships were mounts and would not be able to walk inside. Since then, and the insuring community uproar, Daron has only emphasized that ship interiors were in the game and that PE had not ruled out player ship interiors.

But since then, Daron has been dodging the question by emphasizing interiors are in for HUBs.

It appears most likely ship interiors for player ships are out.

STO is in BIG trouble for those like you and me who are tired of the same of Trek games.

/not going to play STO now

/delete MMORPG account

/destroyed computers

/Cut him self

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Dracus

Novice Member

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
- Brian Littrell

11/13/07 9:34:40 AM#5
Originally posted by Graff

...  I can't think of anything more boring that being stuck inside a ship though, ...

Then think of how to make it interesting rather than to dismiss it.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

Xris375

Novice Member

11/13/07 11:32:14 AM#6

Originally posted by Graff

...  I can't think of anything more boring that being stuck inside a ship though, ...

Um...the point is to have the freedom to do what the player think is the best ST experience. If the devs don't have the talent to pull it off, fine say so. Don't give us BS about " we don't think players will like or be able to handle it".

And if you are stuck inside a ship, it is probably a just bug. Try /stuck  

---
And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
John Smedley, SOE