Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,638,685 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,507
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

5 posts found
  Phos

Novice Member

OP  11/10/07 11:47:47 AM#1

I haven't been keeping up with this game since I found out we can't live and play inside our ships. Since it's been a while, I have a few questions about possible changes?:

1) Is it FFA PVP? (can I kill people on my own team if I wanted to?)
2) Is there corpse looting / spaceship looting? (100% looting?)
3) Can we live & play inside our ships, or has that not changed?
5) Are there instances?
6) Can I swim?
7) Are there vendors, markets, or any type of player-run economy?
8) Are there character classes or am I free to do as I please?
9) Is it level-based, or skill-based? (Am I just fodder at the lower levels, and I have to grind to the highest level before it starts getting fun?)
10) Is this a quest grind-fest, or is it really an anything-goes sandbox?
11) Do enemies/creatures spawn and remain in the same location repeatedly? Or do they roam and have global AI?
12) What will be done to stop spammers and farmers trying to get you to buy things online everywhere?

Thanks!
- Phos

AAH! A troll fire! Quick, pour some Kool-Aid on it!!!

User Deleted
11/10/07 3:09:39 PM#2

This is a truthful answer to all of your questions.

It is still too early in the the development process, and PE is keeping quiet, so nobody outside of the company really knows what is going on with STO.

I suggest that you check back in 6 to 9 months, there may be some news by then.

arvainis

Apprentice Member

11/10/07 8:00:42 PM#3

If you can do it in WoW you'll be able to do it in STO because PE is coing to CTRL C WoW and CTRL V into STO.  "This is not going to be a game for Trekkies"  Way to wreck the game before it even starts.  Hopefully PE will just go bankrupt and we will not have to worry about them anymore.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

mackdawg19

Tipster

"If men were created equal, then what happened to game developers?"

11/10/07 8:07:39 PM#4

Originally posted by arvainis

If you can do it in WoW you'll be able to do it in STO because PE is coing to CTRL C WoW and CTRL V into STO.  "This is not going to be a game for Trekkies"  Way to wreck the game before it even starts.  Hopefully PE will just go bankrupt and we will not have to worry about them anymore.

Typical response from someone who still cares about a gaming company that did them wrong. Disregard it and wait 6 months. Im sure PE will have some better answers to your questions then OP. And for the reply'r, if you don't like PE then give up with these type responses. The only mind youc an change is yours and I think you've done that enough.

arvainis

Apprentice Member

11/10/07 9:16:18 PM#5

Typical response from someone who just doesn't care anymore.  Why don't you move to China since you don't want people to be able to voice their opinions.  People like you make me sick.  "Why don't you just shut up?"  Yeah it would have been great if our founding fathers would have just "shut up" that would have been super awesome.  Don't anyone voice your opinion because you no what?  it doesn't matter, just lay down and take what corporate America gives you.  That maybe fine for you but it's not fine for most people.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan