Trending Games | ArcheAge | Trove | WildStar | Forsaken Uprising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,416 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,737
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

13 posts found
  Dracus

Novice Member

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
- Brian Littrell

OP  11/06/07 6:28:52 PM#1

(clicking on the picture will provide a larger picture)

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

Graff

Novice Member

11/07/07 12:44:42 PM#2

Cool picture. Nice to see a sizeable team in an office building are working on this game afterall, and not just some kid in a garage!  Damn, they must be making progress, show us some already!

Yavin_Prime

Novice Member

11/08/07 4:29:51 PM#3
Originally posted by Graff

Cool picture. Nice to see a sizeable team in an office building are working on this game afterall, and not just some kid in a garage!  Damn, they must be making progress, show us some already!

I have to agree with you, it would be nice if they cold at least update the FAQs and give us an idea of what they are planing, you know pull the community in a bit.

mackdawg19

Tipster

"If men were created equal, then what happened to game developers?"

11/08/07 4:35:19 PM#4

Whats up with them holding a sign for a .de website? And it seems there missing quite a few people in that pic. Is that really the STO team or just the team that runs that website thats posted on that board?

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

11/08/07 4:41:51 PM#5

Hmm.... I think this is more than the DF team has ever displayed....

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

barthburger

Novice Member

Nothing seperates humanity quite like religion

11/08/07 4:42:35 PM#6

what's personally funny about this picture is that I work for a console game company and I can see people in this picture that look almost the same as people in our studio.

It's almost as if all nerds look the same! it's a conspiracy! Just made me laugh some of us were like pointing out our twins in the pic lol

Fun,Community,Graphics,immersion. Is that so hard?

Hrica

Advanced Member

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a mystery, and today is a gift"

11/08/07 4:45:35 PM#7

wait...I see Brad McQuaid in the back row...he was hired by perpetual ya know....

arvainis

Apprentice Member

11/08/07 7:17:55 PM#8

I wonder what happened to Stieg Hedlund?  He's not in that picture and last I knew he was working on GnH...Anyone know?  I did a quick google search but found nothing.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

User Deleted
11/08/07 7:57:59 PM#9

Originally posted by arvainis

I wonder what happened to Stieg Hedlund?  He's not in that picture and last I knew he was working on GnH...Anyone know?  I did a quick google search but found nothing.

This question was asked of Associate Community Manager for Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

Q:  How many people were laid off?

A:  Not really sure to be honest. I believe the majority of the Gods & Heroes team was laid off with a few moving over to the Star Trek team. It was a big round of layoffs for sure but hopefully the game team had luck finding new work.

Link:  http://www.lgrnexus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=1

joeyboots

Novice Member

“The creative mind plays with the object it loves”
*Carl Jung

11/08/07 8:01:35 PM#10

Is that really Brad Mcquaid in the back??

Graff

Novice Member

11/09/07 8:55:01 AM#11
Originally posted by mackdawg19

Whats up with them holding a sign for a .de website? And it seems there missing quite a few people in that pic. Is that really the STO team or just the team that runs that website thats posted on that board?

apparently the .de site sent them that banner and they posed with it for them. It's definitely the STO team, you can see stinnett at the back for one.

Xris375

Novice Member

11/10/07 5:45:57 AM#12

Just One possible female employee ? I guess this pic is authentic then

---
And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
John Smedley, SOE

DixonHill

Novice Member

11/11/07 5:50:07 PM#13

Yeah, nice pic :)

The german fansite sto.onlinewelten.de sent them that banner, and they finally responded!

http://sto.onlinewelten.com/news.php