Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,788,680 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,520
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » Perpetual Studios Version Discussion » What is STO focusing more on?

5 posts found
  weylin6

Novice Member

OP  11/02/07 9:38:19 PM#1

I'm just kind of curious about this whole Star Trek Online game, I had high hopes for it, as did my friend, however i've been seeing alot of bad news about it.

I was curious though, what is this company focused more on? inovative and unique gameplay or are they going to do the same old nothin' but graphics and grinding shit that everyone else does?

User Deleted
11/03/07 10:29:59 AM#2

To answer your question, they are going for the MMOER as this game is not made for "Trekkies". In regards to that and there currently being no ship interiors or a true career that can pilot the crew's ship (only the captain can do this). I would say they pretty much meant what they said.

Currently, I think the graphics of the game will be top notch and even the combat/architecture in the game but the dynamics which have only been laid on paper by the developers (there is no working version currently) it won't be a "true" representation of "Star Trek".

If you are expecting to be immersed in a Trek world based on play you may have a dissappointment but surroundings the game may hold possibilities.

Who knows though, maybe the PE team will part the "Red Sea" upon completeing this game (I personally am rooting for them to succeed)

/puts on flame retardant suit

User Deleted
11/03/07 6:11:06 PM#3

I have not seen the words "inovative" and "unique" used by Stinnett in any of his interviews.

Stinnett has said in effect: "We aren't making a game for "Trekkies", we're creating a world class MMO."

Stinnett tells us that we should think of our personal ships in the same way we might think of a "mount" (horse) in another MMO.

Stinnett also tells us that space combat will be done using external views only.

That should give you an idea of the game play.

We will all hopefully, know more by 2009.

User Deleted
11/03/07 6:29:15 PM#4
Originally posted by weylin6

or are they going to do the same old nothin' but graphics and grinding shit that everyone else does?

Yeah, that about sums them up.

weylin6

Novice Member

OP  11/05/07 2:17:06 PM#5

So if thats the case, I should probly stop wasting my time with this game.

I couldn't care less about graphics, if the gameplay is trash, I dont care how good they make it look.

So then, there dropping the idea for interiors and multi-crewed ships in wich every aspect is controlled by them?

Maybe if they changed there mind about just handing a spacecraft to every single player, people should have to earn the right to captain a ship, this way you wont have under-crewed ships.

I recommended them to take a look at SQO, wich has EVERYTHING that people where expecting out of STO exept for graphics and a easy to use GUI, but they closed the post and accused me of advertizing, yet people continuue to talk about some "puzzle pirates"????