Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,114 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,148
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » Perpetual Studios Version Discussion » It's time to give PE a break...

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
32 posts found
  BlitzBlade

Novice Member

OP  10/23/07 8:39:39 AM#1

Listen guys,

It's time to give PE a chance to regroup. This is a new day in the Life of this company and I know for a fact PE is doing all it can to bring the best MMORPG to market. Let's just backoff and see what happens. I think everyone is going to be very happy with what PE is planning, but we need to give them some space and support.

Let's give them a few months to sort some issues out....Right now, PE is throwing all it's resources at STO. Let's see what they can come up with.

User Deleted
10/23/07 9:51:09 AM#2

Originally posted by BlitzBlade

Listen guys,

It's time to give PE a chance to regroup. This is a new day in the Life of this company and I know for a fact PE is doing all it can to bring the best MMORPG to market. Let's just backoff and see what happens. I think everyone is going to be very happy with what PE is planning, but we need to give them some space and support.

Let's give them a few months to sort some issues out....Right now, PE is throwing all it's resources at STO. Let's see what they can come up with.

It's time to give PE a chance to regroup.

Why should we? Nothing we critics are doing can immediately effect the operations of PE. They can ignore us.

This is a new day in the Life of this company and I know for a fact PE is doing all it can to bring the best MMORPG to market.

Please explain yourself. You state that you "know for a fact". That could only be true if you are an executive of PE. We know they keep staff members in the dark about the big picture issues. You only need to read the article written by the former Creative Writer for G&H on this site.

Let's just backoff and see what happens.

No. PE won't feel that there is any need to improve or change if we sit back and wait. If we do as you ask, everyone will be left with one choice, play or don't play.

I think everyone is going to be very happy with what PE is planning, but we need to give them some space and support.

EXPLAIN!!! Why do you say this? Are you Daron Stinnett? If you are Stinnett, have the courage to tell us, and act like a man. By the way, based on their past treatment of the community, PE has not earned the privilege of having our support.

Let's give them a few months to sort some issues out....

You give them a few  months. Go to the STO.net site, you'll be happier over there. If you spend your time there, you won't even realize that there are some serious problems with PE and STO.

Right now, PE is throwing all it's resources at STO. Let's see what they can come up with.

Again, who are you? Unless your name is Joe Keene, Chris McKibbin, Richard Zinser or Daron Stinnett, you can't say this and have it mean anything. PE has already announced that they were using resources on The Perpetual Entertainment Platform™ (PEP) and STO. So your statement is false, or PE lied again.

Deathstrike2

Novice Member

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10/23/07 9:54:36 AM#3

Support is like respect... it has to be earned. 

thepatriot

Hard Core Member

10/23/07 9:56:36 AM#4

Considering PE's past and the fact they have yet to deliver any product after years of work, I will give them a break when they actually produce a quality product.

To the OP:  You can stick you head in the sand all you want but history and PE's track record indicates that STO will likely fail or be canceled.

Shoal

Apprentice Member

10/23/07 9:57:51 AM#5

Listen guys,

BlitzBlade <- Shill

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

10/23/07 10:07:27 AM#6

Well, OP is a typical 1 post new account alt..... probably best to disregard.....

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
"People can do with their money what they want. But... that doesn't make it smart" - COORS
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Graff

Novice Member

10/23/07 10:32:17 AM#7

dont come to this site and try to be optimistic, mate =) warrior and his alts won't like it one bit.

Warrior29

Novice Member

Live long, and play

10/23/07 10:39:53 AM#8

Listen Graff, provide good reasons why you should be optimistic with PE? You just troll and flame other posters. You have no grace

Graff

Novice Member

10/23/07 10:46:40 AM#9
Originally posted by Warrior29

Listen Graff, provide good reasons why you should be optimistic with PE? You just troll and flame other posters. You have no grace

Have you looked in the mirror at all, Oracle? Get back on your other account and make it look like more people are as mad at PE as you.

slivil

Novice Member

10/23/07 10:47:13 AM#10

Here BlitzBlade (Daron Stinnett) have a cookie and all will be right as rain

But really why give them time to regroup? . And what would garner this support from the fans is what? Prove to me I should keep the voice quelled by actually being forthwith with the project and maybe actually getting a dedicated Forums, not some fan site that is kissing up to you and tells you that golly gee wiz thats the bees knees.

Shannia

Novice Member

"World of WarCraft is held alive solely by the mediocrity of competing products." RendRegen

10/23/07 11:04:40 AM#11

Listen guys,

Good morning, Daron!  Or the employee that works for him.

You all had 5+ years to regroup.  You had a die hard and loyal community.  You lied to your own employees, beta testers, and the MMOG community at large.  G&H was a huge pile of crap but you couldn't/wouldn't admit it.  Come on, think about it.  When SoE walked away from you that was the fork in the turkey because G&H was done at that moment.

Again, you all took years to figure out G&H was trash and expect us to believe you can "prove" to us in a few months we'll love STO?  No, I don't think so.  You think the community wants another pvp fest MMOG?  No, we have enough of that crap and more coming out all the time.  Star Trek is about peace and exploring and you want to destroy that in an MMOG with all your uber spaceship loaded for war.  FORGET IT!  We have that with EVE already.

You all just want to make a watered down version of EVE, stick Star Trek Online on the box, and collect of Gene's good name.  FORGET IT!

MMORPG.com staff.  Come on.  You know the IP address pool for PE employees and with a bit of imagination you can get that of the staff of STO.net  It wouldn't take much for you to figure out where the OP is posting from.

Anyway, OP, I hope you are enjoying the weather in San Fransisco.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

User Deleted
10/23/07 11:10:08 AM#12

Originally posted by Graff

dont come to this site and try to be optimistic, mate =) warrior and his alts won't like it one bit.

Are you claiming that I'm an alt of Warrior29?  lol

Read the original post for crying out loud. He claims to have inside knowledge, its a brand new account and only one post.

It makes more sense to say its an alt of yours or Jacklet's.

Dracus

Novice Member

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
- Brian Littrell

10/23/07 11:45:06 AM#13

I think everyone is going to be very happy with what PE is planning, but we need to give them some space and support.

And that's the trap.  STO cannot appeal to everyone, but the attempt is being made.  No can do.  Though in such a vein attempt, to score the millions of users so desired requires marketing into the Far Asian Area (specifically China and Korea).  With heavy investment made by Asian companies, STO will have the influence of those traits with Asian MMO's.  I don't think to the extinct of the "Korean Grind" since STO is based on a Subscription Plan.

As for giving them [PE] support.  That is up to them [PE].  As of right now they [PE] is not asking for support nor building community relations.  Since the PSI War, the relations between PE and the community have diminished.  This detoriation is not to be blamed with the community, but with PE since PE has essentially gone silent and under the radar.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

Warrior29

Novice Member

Live long, and play

10/23/07 11:51:46 AM#14

The problem with PE is they spend so much money of marketing and online guerilla tactics. STO-NET as the preferred fan site, hiring a STO-NET mod as a blog writer. It's so ridiculous.

I had a thread locked just now. Why? Because it was too threatening to PE and STO-NET, and the mods sent over this Suricrata guy and some cronnies and they flammed it up and took it off topic and despite my pleas for them to leave they did get it locked. That's what PE and STO-NET do. They are approaching the status of an evil empire.

Graff

Novice Member

10/23/07 11:55:59 AM#15

hiring an sto net mod as a blog writer? you cant stop lying can you? which sto.net moderator did they hire as a 'blog writer'? you mean the QA guy they had from GnH who also had an account at sto.net? you had a thread locked for one very obvious reason, it was a total intentional bashfest- suricata didnt flame anyway, he defended himself from you calling him and the rest of them nazis and all sorts. YOU GOT YOUR THREAD LOCKED.

Seloth

Novice Member

10/23/07 12:20:59 PM#16

(ignore the pending flame fest)

To the OP,

Sir for those of us here that are skeptical (or worse), you are asking us to have blind faith. that simply will not happen at this juncture.

You have made some rather bold statements as factual, would you be so kind as your cite your sources?

PE can in fact take all the time in the world to regroup, that is not in our control. PE can make this game how ever they like, again not in our control. What is in our control is our money, our opinions, our word of mouth.

To be blunt I am NOT "very happy" with many aspects of what they are planning that they have told us to date. My friends trust my judgement, if I tell them sto is a bomb, they will assume I am serious. I know what kinds of mmoRPG we enjoy.

If Darron was not lying in the interview about sto being out in a year from the announced release date of G&H,  then they do not have "a few months to sort some issues."

Right now, at least on this site, PE is losing it's creditabilty.  While there is alot of raving fanatics on both sides of the pro/anti-PE spectrum, PE has never once come here and publically taked to the nay sayer, never once enganged even the most reasonable skeptic and addressed OUR concerns. Before you tell me to go to STO.net and there I can be heard, sorry already tried that route. I prefer mods that stay neutral and not tell me that my viewpoint is wrong and trival. I will not bash that site, that is not my desire, they have thier space and are very welcoem to it. BUT they do not speak for the majority of people interested in this game (nor does this site i suspect), for the devs to only be active openly there sends a very poor message to the rest of the gaming community.

So there you are, IF PE wants our support then they need to come here openly and talk to the rational posters, people that will not flame (there are some of us you know), communications is a two way street. If you doubt this remember the nge and DoAC fiascos of the devs deciding what was best for the players only to have a rather massive backlash.

Thought of the moment: real support is based on trust, not pie in the sky words.

Coward92

Novice Member

REDRUM!

10/23/07 12:50:23 PM#17

I agree trust is important, and the longer PE acts this way the worse it will get for them. People want an official forum, and they want their concerns addressed. Or PE won't get their money.

And MMORPG does not speak for gamers either. You see those flashy advertisements? On ever page. The full page advertisements on the home page? You see, MMORPG takes money from these people. If MMORPG actually becomes a truly independent forum and posts critical reviews of games and the MMORPG genre, well they may lose advertising revenue. So even MMORPG is not a independent site, and the mods here will ban and let developers off the hook. In the end its about money.

I wish someone would start a unofficial STO forum, just for debating and posting threads. They are free. And good people like Warrior would not get banned like today.

REDRUM!!

Seloth

Novice Member

10/23/07 1:03:07 PM#18

Revenue and review might be an issue, but the Mods and admins here tend to stay out of threads and debates unless people get real flamey, or if someoen calls them out on a review that they have done.

I have yet to see a Mod on this site (especially in my "death to the company that can not be named" threads) drop in and tell us that we were stupid, wrong, clueless, etc. Mind you i might be in error, I tend to stay only in the topic areas that I am watching.

(edit due to fat fingers that were distracted by thoughts of stange people on south congress ave)

Mysk

Apprentice Member

10/23/07 1:33:30 PM#19

Originally posted by Kyleran
Well, OP is a typical 1 post new account alt..... probably best to disregard.....

This. This thread needs locked IMO.

I probably don't follow the threads that I post in. If you want me to see a response then feel free to PM me.

FinniganGuy

Apprentice Member

Sleep, me boy. Sleep for a long, long time. Sleep for as long as ya like!

10/23/07 6:20:06 PM#20
Originally posted by Mysk

Originally posted by Kyleran

This. This thread needs locked IMO.

This thread does not need to be locked.  It truly shows that the majority of people posting do NOT believe that PE should be given a break.  They should be held accountable.  Accountable for what they have stated in the past, and accountable for having accesss to a licensed property that is important to lots of people.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search