Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,359 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,243,006
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » Perpetual Studios Version Discussion » How many of you are going to give Star Trek Online a shot?

9 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Last Search
167 posts found
  tivursky

Novice Member

1/24/07 10:35:50 AM#81
Oh there's no question that I'm going to try it.  I so desperately want to be a crew member working engineering or the Ten Forward lounge (or whatever it might be called on my particular ship) it's not funny.
  Brenelael

Guide

Pointing out the Obvious to the Oblivious since 2006

1/24/07 11:54:31 AM#82
I'll be there on launch day and in Beta if I can get in. This has to be one of the most interesting MMO's I have seen in a long time. I have been in several of the Beta tests for other games coming out in the near future and I can tell you that they are all just a fancy repackaging of the same ol' crap we have been getting from the MMO companies for the last 3 years. I can't wait to try this one out!

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

JupiterJoe

Novice Member

"Mediocre people are always at their best."

1/30/07 9:08:47 AM#83

MMOG's are, in my not so humble opinon, the future of film and gaming combined.  The Star Trek universe is the perfect environment for creating,  what could potentially be, the biggest and best MMOG to date.  The Star Wars universe, as represented in Star Wars: Galaxies, doesn't really represent a 'possible future' for mankind and as a result, has a more fantasy feel to it.  Players struggle to relate to and empathize with characters in that world.  The cartoon feel of it all is mainly due, I think,  to making it as accessable as possible to less sophisticated i.e: younger players.  .  Eve Online (Argubly the best space-based MMOG), for all it's apparent complexity, can be distilled down to very repetitive 'jumping' through Star Gates and an alarming fixation with the pursuit of wealth. 

With Star Trek Onine; I would like to see more of a 'simulation' profile.  Players could start out training in Star Fleet Academy (or whatever species equivalent), before getting their commision aboard a ship i.e: it should be career based, with a pursuit of bettering oneself, as Picard explains at one point in First Contact.  While Star Fleet is a military based organisation, the game shouldn't be biased towards combat, but exploration, which was Rodenberry's initial concept for the show, right?  The internet, being virtually infinitly huge, is the perfect place to create a virtual universe to explore.  Personally, I can't wait!

Itsmee

Apprentice Member

Fear my tech II nerf bat of tada-o troll upsetting +10.

1/30/07 9:43:05 AM#84

At this stage, I can't say..

With so little information about the game its hard to see what sort of game it will be..

Once more information is released then I can give an answer of either yes or no.

JupiterJoe

Novice Member

"Mediocre people are always at their best."

1/30/07 9:54:37 AM#85

I just read the outline for the game.  I hadn't done my research prior to posting for the first time and honestly didn't know that the game is shaping up to be exactly as I hoped.  I am so thrilled by this news, because I know if they get it right, it could evolve into something huge!  Now, I really can't wait!

SailorCallie

Novice Member

KOL Username: Raistilina
Server: Beramus
FFXI Username: Darklady
Server: Shiva

3/03/07 12:10:06 PM#86
I am looking forward to the release of Star Trek Online.
sailorcallie Xfire Miniprofile
  Fried_Yoda

Novice Member

All good things come to an end, but the road goes ever on.

3/03/07 9:52:41 PM#87
I'm pretty sure everyone who is reading and posting on this forum will be trying out STO :)
  wjrasmussen

Apprentice Member

3/03/07 9:58:38 PM#88
Originally posted by Fried_Yoda
I'm pretty sure everyone who is reading and posting on this forum will be trying out STO :)

That assumes we are reading the STO forum directly rather than seeing the recent posts and responding like I just did.  I have zero interest in this game.
  Fried_Yoda

Novice Member

All good things come to an end, but the road goes ever on.

3/04/07 6:20:53 PM#89
Originally posted by wjrasmussen
Originally posted by Fried_Yoda

That assumes we are reading the STO forum directly rather than seeing the recent posts and responding like I just did.  I have zero interest in this game.
Very true
  Axefall

Novice Member

3/04/07 6:24:46 PM#90
I will be giving this a shot. 
  Roytjehh

Novice Member

3/07/07 1:57:03 PM#91
I sure am interested in this game !

--
Admiral Yor
Administrator
Gemini Fleet
http://geminifleet.com

OrionStar

Novice Member

3/07/07 2:07:36 PM#92
I will be playing it if SOE does or doesn't have their hands on it.   Personally, I have never had any problems with SOE,  I always get great customer service from them.  I think the only problem SOE has is these people that cry about the crappy pre CU and NGE stuff.  SWG, is still fun to play.  I am a hardcore SW and ST fan so I will be playing it for hours on end. 
  freiheit

Apprentice Member

3/07/07 2:18:54 PM#93

One of my friends and I will try it, I just hope it's as cool as the intro music to TNG and DS9 and not terribel like the music to Enterprise. I also am not a huge fan of SOE but sooner or later they have to do something right, lets just hope they have as little involvement as possible and no customer service involvement.

CrazyCronus

Apprentice Member

Power resides where men believe it resides, its a trick, a shadow on the wall.

3/07/07 2:21:30 PM#94
I will surly play this game I am a big fun of ST and I just love it ;)
  Max_Torps

Novice Member

3/07/07 6:10:21 PM#95
I will possibly give this a shot. It all depends on the released product.
  Javamancer

Novice Member

3/07/07 6:12:44 PM#96
I'll definitely try this out.  Even if all the reviews and beta reports are horrible, I'll be there just to see what it's like. 
  Netspook

Advanced Member

3/07/07 6:18:12 PM#97

I'm not a fan of the ST series. Still, this game might be very good. Try or not try, that depends. If there's a free trial, I'll probably give it a shot, if not, I'll just ignore it.

Raven5194

Novice Member

3/08/07 4:36:08 PM#98
I'm definately going to give this one a shot, probably spending 20 hours of my day playing it. I cant friggin wait!
  Roundcat

Apprentice Member

3/08/07 4:48:03 PM#99
Im beginning to have my doubts about this game as there is such a devide between the trekkies and the gamers. We seem to want different things.
  Gammit100

Novice Member

The Internet. Serious business.

3/09/07 11:02:11 PM#100
I know I'll at least give it a shot.  Had they implemented faction vs. faction PVP, then this game would have been a no-brainer for me.
Gammit10 Xfire Miniprofile
9 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Last Search