Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,776,468 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,191,577
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » Perpetual Studios Version Discussion » How many of you are going to give Star Trek Online a shot?

9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
167 posts found
  KzinKiller

Novice Member

1/02/07 2:22:51 PM#21
Originally posted by Rhoklaw
For every idiot I see posting a SOE hate comment because of SWG, I feel it's my sworn duty to slap said individuals upside the head to wake them out of their stupor. SWG is LA's rubbish and if you want to believe SOE was entirely at fault, by all means, keep it to yourself.
Keep your hands in your pocket, Slappy.  SOE took my money.  SOE delivered the crap.  SOE gets the bad reputation among consumers.

You don't have to be Einstein to figure out basic cause and effect.  They can try to pass blame to LA all they want with veiled comments about how they 'didn't have complete control', and I'm sure LA deserves part of the blame, and I cast a skeptical eye toward them as a result of this debacle too.  But SOE is the entity that delivered code of inferior quality, customer service of inferior quality, and business practices that would make the Medellin Cartel blush.  So they get the Mr. Yuck sticker.

Randd

Novice Member

Wizards First Rule: People are Stupid.

1/02/07 2:47:07 PM#22
For every idiot I see posting a SOE hate comment because of SWG, I feel it's my sworn duty to slap said individuals upside the head to wake them out of their stupor. SWG is LA's rubbish and if you want to believe SOE was entirely at fault, by all means, keep it to yourself.
Really? So it wasnt the Dev's at Swg that kept lying about the FRS (among other things)being put back in between the Cu and the Nge? Basically keeping some of of there another couple of months?
  Shayde

Novice Member

The game isn’t designed to keep people playing." - Smed

NOW you realize that! - Shayde

1/02/07 2:48:08 PM#23

Let me guess.. you think the holocaust was a hoax too?

Shayde - SWG (dead)
Proud member of the Cabal.

It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

KzinKiller

Novice Member

1/02/07 3:41:52 PM#24
Originally posted by Shayde

Not so much a hoax, just that Germany so unfairly got so much of the blame when their partners Italy were the *real* masterminds behind it .....

mcpatriot

Novice Member

1/02/07 3:50:31 PM#25
It's a little early to tell how it will turn out, but yeah, I'll probably try it.
  FreelancerA4

Novice Member

"They make a helmet for your kind of stupid."

1/02/07 6:57:15 PM#26
Originally posted by KzinKiller

Not so much a hoax, just that Germany so unfairly got so much of the blame when their partners Italy were the *real* masterminds behind it .....
"Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon. What do you got left?"

Baxslash

Advanced Member

1/02/07 7:04:54 PM#27

I plan to give STO a try.

As for the SWG debate, well, it really doesn't matter who is to blame, just know its not the game I started out with, and, to dumb it down so an average 10 year old can get into it. has lost any appeal for me.

Baxslash-Chilastra Server

KzinKiller

Novice Member

1/02/07 7:05:18 PM#28
Originally posted by FreelancerA4

"Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon. What do you got left?"

My point exactly.

Tagurit

Novice Member

1/03/07 1:49:53 AM#29
Umm....No.
  =GK=Darkstar

Novice Member

1/03/07 7:57:07 AM#30

I think its really funny reading some of these comments with all the chicken lickins running about declaring STAR WARS GALAXIES IS DEAD lol.   Erm No its not, lol  you guys are funny, I have a 100 member active guild on the farstar server and we also have a guild in the next town belonging to another clan and I see people in the game all the time.

I see more people running about SWG than anywhere in City of Villans/Heroes, Dark & Light, The Matrix or Planetside.  Sure its never going to have the numbers WOW or GW's has for obvious reasons but by all accounts its a bloody successful MMO

I love trek and I will be buying the Trek Online "if" it comes out which I hop it will,  Im saying if as they are going to reboot the franchicse which may spoil the game as the ships and uniforms will look different, but being a positive person in a  world of cynics I have to say I hope it comes out.

Also what makes me laugh is I know exactly why people go out of their way in a rather sad way to try and end SWG for people that still play it and love it like I do.  You just hate the fact you cant hunt 50 Banthas for 24 hours per day from Tat and level up to 80 within a week, its just driving you crazy right??

Well i for one HATED the CU it sucked but, a lot of people stuck by the game and hated the CU, I prefered it before and althought the NGE was a bit sucky when it first came out it was much better than the loathed CU, and now the game is just that, its a game not a bather hunting yawn inducing substitute for someomes real life.  The CU was way too easy to level up and it was just boring.

I play games for fun when Im not doing real life stuff and SWG is that type of game now

I just think people that opine that STARWARS GALAXIES IS DEAD should really think about a game they are trying to kill that a lot of old timers like me love and also the new people have come to from them buying the special packs of the game this christmas, the game is more quest based now but we have a great community and there are loads of active people in the game

Saying there is not just to make point is rather sad peeps

Creator & Founder of =GK= Clan 2004
=GK= Founder & Creator 2004
Multi Gamer

iskareot

Novice Member

I like green eggs and ham, I am Isk I am.

1/03/07 9:36:43 AM#31
If $OE gets their mits on it, no.

Yeah, this is a deal-breaker for me.  Won't get burned by SOE hosing a project with a significant IP attached to it ... again.  The intelligence of a dev organization in avoiding any business relationship whatsoever with SOE is a major litmus test now in whether it's worth risking my time and dollars on their project.

What is amazing to me is that the NGE playerbase thinks the world of them right now obvioulsy by paying them.

I will never, ever understand how people allow themselves to be shit on like that.     I know that there are lemmings, forgiving, passive people in the world but sooner or later you have to wonder at what point that stop accepting and start expecting quality or honesty and decency.

A year plus later and what do they have to show for it?   That they can take the abuse or bullshit?   -- Wow, that is impressive I guess.

As long as this project does not include anyone from the SOE team that was involved in SWG we should be ok though.   I just have to think that even SOE wants to get past this SWG blunder of a version.

Hauken

Novice Member

1/03/07 9:52:41 AM#32
Im most likely gonna give it a try. As long as its not gonna be a linear you have to follow this questline crap to get level up.
Developing companies must soon see that levels are not the way to go. Why have months of pointless questing just to be able to compete with others? With that in mind i dont have high hopes. All of them are following the WoW recipie in hope to get a piece of the action. If the sandbox communtity wants a game, it looks like they have to take matters in their own hand.

Hauken Stormchaser
I want pre-CU back
Station.com : We got your game
Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

=GK=Darkstar

Novice Member

1/03/07 10:33:30 AM#33
Originally posted by iskareot

Yeah, this is a deal-breaker for me.  Won't get burned by SOE hosing a project with a significant IP attached to it ... again.  The intelligence of a dev organization in avoiding any business relationship whatsoever with SOE is a major litmus test now in whether it's worth risking my time and dollars on their project.

What is amazing to me is that the NGE playerbase thinks the world of them right now obvioulsy by paying them.

I will never, ever understand how people allow themselves to be shit on like that.     I know that there is lemmings, forgiving, passive people in the world but sooner or later you have to wonder at what point that stop accepting and start expecting quality.

A year plus later and what do they have to show for it?   That they can take the abuse or bullshit?   -- Wow, that is impressive I guess.

As long as this project does not include anyone from the SOE team that was involved in SWG we should be ok though.   I just have to think that even SOE wants to get past this SWG blunder of a version.

What are you on about being Passive mate, Im not passive, I just dont think a game is fun when you have to hunt boring banthas for 24 hours a day the CU wreked SWG in my opnion, also you nention NGE playerbase, a lot of which were people that left when CU came out then came back

Also News  Flash  NGE is not even around anymore, they have gone more WOW style and how you can have a go at WOW style gaming is beyond me

SWG is well alive its just got less EMO crybabies in it who go around moaning about SOE,

Creator & Founder of =GK= Clan 2004
=GK= Founder & Creator 2004
Multi Gamer

iskareot

Novice Member

I like green eggs and ham, I am Isk I am.

1/03/07 12:10:36 PM#34
Originally posted by =GK=Darkstar
Originally posted by iskareot

I will never, ever understand how people allow themselves to be shit on like that.     I know that there is lemmings, forgiving, passive people in the world but sooner or later you have to wonder at what point that stop accepting and start expecting quality.

What are you on about being Passive mate, Im not passive, I just dont think a game is fun when you have to hunt boring banthas for 24 hours a day the CU wreked SWG in my opnion, also you nention NGE playerbase, a lot of which were people that left when CU came out then came back

Also News  Flash  NGE is not even around anymore, they have gone more WOW style and how you can have a go at WOW style gaming is beyond me

SWG is well alive its just got less EMO crybabies in it who go around moaning about SOE,

Rofl, far from alive and well.

The people that came back (and it is rare because I have been back in the free trials) is not from the pre-CU era.   Unless A: they could not get Jedi and did not want to put forth the effort.  B: sucked so bad at the game they could not figure it out or just did not have success in it due to it being more competivie.

You did NOT always have to hunt Banthas, in fact you could do as you wish... sure you could add quests for more xp but it was not linear... it was not so limiting as it is now.    News Flash the NGE is what is left of SWG... only a few months ago marked as the biggest mistake by a company ever.      They have TRIED to copy some of the WoW style except the problem is that you cannot dress up a turd in sheeps clothing, because in the end it is still a turd.

As far as people left NOT moaning about SOE, well yeah no shit brainiac... they have FILTERED out all the people that would use common sense or challenge them in thier thinking process.   Let's also not forget that most people left because they screwed the game up so bad that you can't even break aggro at times or you look like Benny Hill on crack while running around.

Oh yeah... Passive is one word I use.   Some others are far worse though trust me.   But like I said, we need all kinds in the world... but if your trying to sell me on the fact that the playerbase now left... buys into everything then you will make my point as well.

Either way,  it's horrid.   The game is hanging on, after all the awards and reviews they should be lucky they have a playerbase at all.

caine6621

Novice Member

There is no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid students.

1/03/07 1:56:29 PM#35
I'll be giving it a shot.  Looking forward to it.  As far as SOE and SWG.  That was one of the worst disasters in mmo history.  But that is not enough to stop me from playing a game I want if they are involved.

Yeah we got screwed.  Screwed big time.  And I was mad, still am.  But its time to move on.  I won't buy a Sony TV because I hear they are crap now.  If Consumer Reports and everyone I talk to says they are awesome, I will buy it.  Not going to give myself the shaft over what happened with SWG.

The game was great, now its crap....we cancelled our subscriptions, yelled loud and hard......and now its time to just forget it and move on.

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

gladiatory2k

Apprentice Member

1/03/07 2:11:00 PM#36
You think SOE had problems keeping Star Wars canonical? Star Trek has a fan base that can probably tell you which direction a orange tribble will bounce and what hand Spock uses to scratch himself. If SOE ever got near this, I would look forward to the phrase "Star Trekkie and Iconic" being uttered in a press release some day.
  free2play

Apprentice Member

1/03/07 2:58:30 PM#37
Originally posted by gladiatory2k
You think SOE had problems keeping Star Wars canonical? Star Trek has a fan base theat can probably tell you which direction a orange tribble will bounce and what hand Spock uses to scratch himself. If SOE ever got near this, I would look forward to the phrase "Star Trekkie and Iconic" beiing uttered in a press release some day.

QFE

No matter who makes this game, your base is hard core and an ST MMO will have some serious librarian minds to deal with.

The Dev team for this one better be Trekkies in the unhealthy sense.

Drumwiz

Apprentice Member

1/03/07 3:15:07 PM#38
No way for me, star wars universe is what I wanted, star trek is a whole other ball game, doesent matter that its sci-fi gen also. Dunno how it was for everyone else but star wars was cool and star trek was just a No and lame and dorky where i come from.
  Briggy1701

Novice Member

Make it so....

1/04/07 7:28:56 AM#39

I, personally, can not wait for this game to be released. I'm a major trek fan and I only really played SWG for the space elements.

As for $OE getting their hands on it, I think we can all rest easy, remember it was SOE's devs that screw'd SWG. IF SOE has anything to do with STO all they'd do is Publish it and host the servers, Perpetual would still develop it and so we'd all be safe.

Small tidbit of info for you all: I have heard that the coders of the NGE where the same dev team that horribly screw'd everquest. (No suprise there).

And my final piece of info: for all the guys bitching and fighting about SWG. In my personal experience, the CU rocked, it made the game alot more fun in my eyes, and as soon as the NGE hit (especially with me not being an exploiter) I was left left at lvl 54 (after dropping some skills just weeks before to become BH), and I havent made it back past lvl 74 and now I have nothing left to do in game, therefore, for the hundreds (possibly thousands) of players like myself, the game is well and truly DEAD!

Feel free to reply/flame, etc.
Peace out people.

Chaos7654

Apprentice Member

1/04/07 8:51:44 AM#40
Ok guy's Listen, LA had almost no hand in the programming side of the publish of SWG. All the publishing was produced and implemented by SOE, all LA did was make one silly mistake of giving SOE the right's to create SWG... As for STO, I greatly anticipate forward to it's release, hope that it doesn;t turn out like the failed expeirment of SWG... Also, for all those old SWG lover's back when pre-cu was in swing... here's a link for you guy's enjoy ^^ http://www.spraticnet.com/
9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search