Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,058 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,892
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » Perpetual Studios Version Discussion » How many of you are going to give Star Trek Online a shot?

9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
167 posts found
  Cymdai

Advanced Member

It's my job to be objective, it's my right to have an opinion.

OP  12/30/06 9:39:17 PM#1
Just curious.

I for one think it looks and sounds promising, but obviously only time will tell.

Still, I figure the Sci-Fi allure, along with the Trekkie community, must have peaked some of your interests. No?

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

free2play

Hard Core Member

12/31/06 1:44:04 PM#2
I really want to. I don't know what they have planned. Flying your own starship would rock. Allow me to do that solo and use AI inserts for the various stations, even at a  weakness if you compare to a player crew and I will. If I am forced to group to take advantage of the biggest selling point (Starship captian) and I doubt it.
  FreelancerA4

Novice Member

"They make a helmet for your kind of stupid."

12/31/06 5:05:22 PM#3
I definitely will. I'm as big a fan of Star Trek as I am of Star Wars if not more so I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. Some of the stuff they've been talking about worries me, but we'll see.

jrgambit

Novice Member

12/31/06 5:42:56 PM#4
Originally posted by free2play
I really want to. I don't know what they have planned. Flying your own starship would rock. Allow me to do that solo and use AI inserts for the various stations, even at a  weakness if you compare to a player crew and I will. If I am forced to group to take advantage of the biggest selling point (Starship captian) and I doubt it.

Ditto for me.

--------------------
SWG - Killed by $OE
WOW - Retired
Playing WAR

Tagurit

Novice Member

12/31/06 7:00:57 PM#5
Nope not gonna try it---not a trekkie
  User Deleted
12/31/06 7:02:09 PM#6
I'm a Trek fan from waaayyyy back to 1966! You know I have to at least give it a go!!
  Randd

Novice Member

Wizards First Rule: People are Stupid.

12/31/06 7:07:34 PM#7
I will surely try, I'm a fan of both Sw and St. I hope for the best but expect the worst, seems the only way to deal with new MMO's.
  War_Dancer

Novice Member

12/31/06 8:58:24 PM#8
So far I've been ignoring it. Partly because all the hype I saw for it at first was purely because it had Star Trek in the name and nothing else. Also partly because I'm not a Star Trek fan. I'll take a look at it's features at release but I'm not optamistic about it asI find it hard to see the Star Trek setting as a sandbox / virtual world style MMO. Maybe I'll be suprised when I finaly look at it.
  headwound23

Novice Member

12/31/06 9:06:04 PM#9
    Oh yah, I'll give it a try.  I have a few real life buddies who want to try it as well.  Maybe we can run around with our own ship.  I'm just wondering how many you'll need to get a ship runnin'.  I think the only way I won't try it is if the preview and reviews are hella awful.  I don't know if they'll have all out wars against the dominion or some other race or not.  But I'll for sure gonna keep my eyes and ears open for information on this one. 
  Shayde

Novice Member

The game isn’t designed to keep people playing." - Smed

NOW you realize that! - Shayde

1/01/07 7:20:47 PM#10
If $OE gets their mits on it, no.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
Proud member of the Cabal.

It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Shanks123

Novice Member

I''m Here. I''m Awesome. Get Used To It.

1/01/07 7:23:46 PM#11
iv been planing to goive it a shot fromt he begining. Im intrested in how theya re going to do it. i cant wait till they get eh site up nad start updating us more.

I'm Here. I'm Awesome. Get Used To It.

Gindace

Novice Member

Failure to communicate.

1/01/07 7:25:15 PM#12
I'm really excited for this. Like SWG, it's a game I can count on having tons of players in due to the Trek cult following. Just for that alone it's going to be quite the thrill ride.

They could make that game a homerun. Here's to looking optimistic.

I order my groceries online.

tkobo

Novice Member

Current MMO dev teams = Keystone cops.A pure comedy of errors,sadly its not as intentional.

1/01/07 7:26:35 PM#13

Its got my interest.I am watching it.

But its FAR to early to say if ill play it.

I fully expect the DEV team to repeat the same old mistakes,which will probably be enough  to make me not purchase it.

But id really like it if Im wrong and they make a good game.

Cymdai

Advanced Member

It's my job to be objective, it's my right to have an opinion.

OP  1/02/07 12:08:36 AM#14
I personally like the idea of having multiple players on one huge ship.

It could lead to some pretty intense space combat if you had to have your crew of 2-10 vs some other ships crew of 2-10. Imagine entire fleet fights, I'd be ecstatic!

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

Kazara

Advanced Member

"Denial does not change reality."

1/02/07 5:56:01 AM#15
If is all about space combat, I won't bother. I might like watching it, not twitching over it. I am more of the 'Landing Party' type. 

free2play

Hard Core Member

1/02/07 7:22:08 AM#16
Originally posted by Cymdai
I personally like the idea of having multiple players on one huge ship.

It could lead to some pretty intense space combat if you had to have your crew of 2-10 vs some other ships crew of 2-10. Imagine entire fleet fights, I'd be ecstatic!

I think there is room for both Multi Player and single player. In ST, the Klingon Empire is made up of Houses. The House of Oggat owns thier ships and serve the empire alot like ships of empires in the early days of naval exploration. The Fedaration is a navy of true definition. You are assigned a duty and a ship. The Fedaration didn't hire mercs, not that they mentioned anyway. The ferrengi also owned thier ships. Romulans seem to fit an old England style, where you got a ship and you treated it like your private galactic fief. Each of these could make a play style as much as the entire game. ST, much like SWG can be a great game or checkers with fancy piece design. We will see.

Wildcat84

Novice Member

1/02/07 9:12:02 AM#17

Only if SOE has nothing to do with it.

I'm already not really wanting to have anything to do with Vanguard because of my certainty that it will eventually be CUNGE'd.

iskareot

Novice Member

I like green eggs and ham, I am Isk I am.

1/02/07 11:15:56 AM#18
Originally posted by Shayde

Q F E

KzinKiller

Novice Member

1/02/07 12:57:10 PM#19
Originally posted by Shayde

Yeah, this is a deal-breaker for me.  Won't get burned by SOE hosing a project with a significant IP attached to it ... again.  The intelligence of a dev organization in avoiding any business relationship whatsoever with SOE is a major litmus test now in whether it's worth risking my time and dollars on their project.

Rhoklaw

Elite Member

$500 Backer to 2014's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

1/02/07 1:04:35 PM#20
For every idiot I see posting a SOE hate comment because of SWG, I feel it's my sworn duty to slap said individuals upside the head to wake them out of their stupor. SWG is LA's rubbish and if you want to believe SOE was entirely at fault, by all means, keep it to yourself.

9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search