Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Age of Wushu

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,796,304 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,195,441
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » General Discussion » problem with tutorial...

6 posts found
  Lagomorphia

Apprentice Member

OP  7/23/13 4:09:54 PM#1
I decided to give STO a try and ran into a problem where I got logged out in the middle of the new character tutorial (Federation). I got as far as the space rescue. When I logged back in the mission seems bugged. It says to contact starfleet (or something like that), but gives me no way to do that. Do I need to create a new character and start over, or is there some way to restart this part of the tutorial mission sequence?
  WhiteLantern

Novice Member

7/23/13 4:12:30 PM#2
You should find a "hail starfleet" button in the upper right corner.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Lagomorphia

Apprentice Member

OP  7/23/13 6:16:39 PM#3
hmmmm, I just don't see anything like that.
  Lagomorphia

Apprentice Member

OP  7/23/13 6:36:07 PM#4

Ok, found it!

The mission is called "The price of liberty" and I'm stuck at the step "assist rescue effort".

I've done all the steps, they're checked off. I don't have anything to do except "answer hail" and that's at the top of the list.

Valoreah

Novice Member

7/29/13 9:43:34 AM#5
Have you tried warping out of the system?  There is an icon in the upper right part of the screen for "Warp to Sector".  IIRC you need to do that to answer the hail once you arrive at Earth.
  Lagomorphia

Apprentice Member

OP  8/03/13 4:26:59 PM#6

Thanks for the tips. I did try the warp button you suggested but it wouldn't allow me to warp anywhere.

I decided to just make a new character and NOT quit in the middle of the tutorial this time! I got through just fine.