Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,556 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,918
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » General Discussion » Summer Event on Risa

11 posts found
  Rohn

Apprentice Member

OP  6/24/13 11:44:05 AM#1

They've added a blog today which gives some information about the upcoming summer event that takes place on Risa.  Looks like fun.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=925061

More details: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=925601

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Zzad

Elite Member

6/24/13 11:45:50 AM#2

I won´t miss this one!

Having lots of fun since the Remulus legacy Update!!!

Game has evolved & changed A LOT!

Po_gg

Elite Member

6/24/13 12:04:40 PM#3

I almost wrote too bad I'm working this weekend, but... it will on for 1.5 months, awesome.

Following the dance instructors, I'm good in that after the many festivals in LotRO :) and the exploration sounds cool too. I guess the ship earning will be similar like the Breen one was, so I'm probably skip that, for pet raising I'll put to work my DOffs, if they could raise epohhs, some exotic bird won't be a problem either :)

Not to forget new outfits, it sounds like a nice summer event indeed.

Rohn

Apprentice Member

OP  6/24/13 5:16:18 PM#4
Originally posted by Po_gg

I almost wrote too bad I'm working this weekend, but... it will on for 1.5 months, awesome.

Following the dance instructors, I'm good in that after the many festivals in LotRO :) and the exploration sounds cool too. I guess the ship earning will be similar like the Breen one was, so I'm probably skip that, for pet raising I'll put to work my DOffs, if they could raise epohhs, some exotic bird won't be a problem either :)

Not to forget new outfits, it sounds like a nice summer event indeed.

Agreed, looks like fun.

I'll probably get at least one of the Risian Corvettes, though.  Looks cool.

Then again, I got 6 of the Breen ships, which wasn't much harder than getting one would be.

Po_gg

Elite Member

6/25/13 4:30:36 PM#5
Originally posted by Po_gg

...I guess the ship earning will be similar like the Breen one was, so I'm probably skip that ...

Damn, I should making bets, I'd be rich in no time... not only similar, the exact copy of the Chel Grett from the winter event:

In exchange for participating in a daily festival activity – the Floater flight challenge called “Flying High!” – players will earn a package of 40 Risian Lohlunat Pearls. Once you have amassed a total of 1,000 of these Pearls, they can be input into a new Event Reputation Project to earn a brand new Risian Corvette starship!

And if someone is saying: yep, but this event is much longer, so the grind is not so tightly scheduled - well, wrong:

Although the Risian Lohlunat Summer Festival will continue to be available well into August, Lohlunat Pearls will only be offered as a reward from “Flying High!” for a total of 35 days, starting June 27th and running until August 2nd. During this time, players will need to participate 25 times in order to earn their FREE Starship.

I guess I won't have the Corvette, which is sad since it looks like a cool ship :I

Rohn

Apprentice Member

OP  6/27/13 3:12:58 PM#6

The event is live.

The floaters are really fun, and the island is fairly large.  Fun to explore.

Po_gg

Elite Member

6/27/13 3:46:15 PM#7

Well, it's on now, and I'm a bit disappointed... seriously, no login queues and server crashes? :) (just kidding ofc)

Also disappointed by the cosmetic options - more precisely the lack of them, there's only one outfit, one short pants and a flower circlet thingy. And the sunglasses (one of them is a cool visor) but those are traded for GPL so doesn't require the event at all.

All the rest is awesome :) Risa is pretty big, very detailed and looks great, with many stuff to explore (loved the off-duty klingons on the rock arch). The events are fun, or at least the Horga’hn hunt is, the dance gets boring too fast, maybe that's why it's only 2min in LotRO, here on Risa you need to follow the dance instructor for about 15-20 min... The first few minutes are hilarious though, a bunch of captains dancing all around :) There are accolades too, mostly for the explorations.

But the best part are the floaters, hands down. After a few idol hunts and a dance party I just flew around, checking every corner of the map, playing tags and races with others, etc. Based on how the EV suit slowly got into more and more parts of the game, I really hope that in the future we can use the floaters on other planets as well, it's great fun. (and I have a feeling that it's a simple copy from CO / CoH's jetpack :D so it doesn't even need heavy testing and stuff).

I still won't receive the Corvette most likely (since I can't log in every day), but I'll fly the heck out of those floaters when I get ingame... Well done, devs.

Doogiehowser

Apprentice Member

6/27/13 3:50:19 PM#8

Not much of an event really. I explored the entire island and there is hardly anything to explore. (got few accolades here and there).

There are just three events in total. Flying race for pearls which can be repeated once a day and two events which involves completing 30 dance steps and relic hunt which repeates many times a day.

I wanted to hit myself in face with hot fry pan after the repetitivness on the very first few hours of event. No way i am going back there to do this every single day for one month.

If they decided to add more events than maybe but i doubt that is going to happen.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Po_gg

Elite Member

6/28/13 7:13:12 AM#9
Originally posted by Doogiehowser

I explored the entire island and there is hardly anything to explore. (got few accolades here and there).

I wanted to hit myself in face with hot fry pan after the repetitivness on the very first few hours of event. No way i am going back there to do this every single day for one month.

Funny that I wrote the same (that after a few hunts and a dance all what's left is floating around) but the tone of mine is so different :)

Are you sure there's hardly anything to explore? After 3-4 hours I still find occasionally flight accolades, visited only half of the parrots (true, there's a map already but I'd like to find all of them by myself), and the hide-and-seek fella has also one more quest for me. Not to mention the ornitologist, so far I've only found one egg, so 1 bird is on the way (it will take 5 days for my science DOffs to raise the damn bird :) ).

Valoreah

Apprentice Member

6/28/13 8:54:13 AM#10
It's nice that they are adding events/content to the game.  I can't say this one in particular interests me as it's yet another grindfest, so I'll be passing on it.
  Agent_Joseph

Advanced Member

6/28/13 9:58:14 AM#11
It is what should Risa to be from start ! funy social hubb ,

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW