Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,243 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,019
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » General Discussion » questions before playing sto

4 posts found
  kevin32

Novice Member

OP  6/24/13 6:46:02 AM#1

Hi. I'm thinking about playing sto and have 2 questions:

1. Can you pilot small fighter wings that fire laser bursts and missles?

2. Can you target and destroy specific parts of large warships like turrets, lasers, engines, communications, etc?

Thanks.

Valoreah

Apprentice Member

6/24/13 7:47:38 AM#2
Originally posted by kevin32

2. Can you target and destroy specific parts of large warships like turrets, lasers, engines, communications, etc?

Thanks.

1.  Yes.  Certain missions/events require a shuttle.  These aren't fighters like from Star Wars or Battlestar Galactica though.

2.  No.  Best you can do is target those sub-systems with specific abilities (or if piloting a science vessel).  You can disable them temporarily, not destroy them completely.

AG-Vuk

Advanced Member

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Oh, I see it's too late to help you.

6/24/13 7:58:38 AM#3
Originally posted by kevin32

Thanks.

No, to both. At least not in the manner you're thinking of.

Po_gg

Elite Member

6/24/13 8:18:54 AM#4

Actually (since I don't know the manner you're thinking of :) ) I agree with Valoreah

You can pilot small craft, even take them into battle if you like. They're small, weak, with limited weaponry and BOff slot, but they have some insane turn rate - not that it can help much against starships ofc.

You can only target the 4 subsystems and cannot destroy them only disable for some time. There are also abilities that disables one randomly. It's mostly used for some CC and to annoy the target, sadly you can't for example shut down the engines and then negotiate on-screen :)